• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alucard vs Gabriel

Which Dracula Looks cooler

• Gabriel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alucard

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Haven't posted a thread in awhile (haven't posted anything really, can't even remember the last time I even checked the forums)

So question, who's a cooler looking Dracula?

Alucard at Level 0
thumb-1920-841316.jpg

or Gabriel Belmont

latest

Was watching the latest episode of Hellsing Abridged, in-which Alucard transforms into Dracula, and couldn't help but compare the two.

Just thought I'd ask

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
As much as I like Gabriel Belmont's Dracula design (though I don't think it even remotely compares to Ayami Kojima's stellar design of the character from the earlier games), I have to give it to Alucard.

Why? Because there's a lot of references in his design to past interpretations of the Dracula character. The most obvious, of course, is the red-and-black high-collared cape that's pretty much inseparable from all Dracula portrayals, from Lugosi to Lee. But a more subtle one is the armor pattern, which according to Hellsing mangaka Kouta Hirano, is based on the armor worn by Gary Oldman's Vlad the Impaler in Bram Stoker's Dracula from 1992, which the author has cited as one of Hellsing's largest influences.

And this really isn't any kind of official reference, but if you look carefully at Alucard's gauntlets, they're designed to sport these decorative "scales", which really evoke the draconian image of his Wallachian surname, "Son of the Dragon." It's probably not intentional, but I'd like to think it is given how many historical references Hirano squeezes into Hellsing.

Alucard's other forms are interesting too, since they all visually represent different aspects of his personality.

Top Bottom