• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alternative to Ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'll ask one of the staff to sticky this later. I lurk on Steve's behalf, therefore I see angst and whilst it bores the crap out of me it's something that can be helped to a degree. Under the old forum software you will remember the ignore and block functions being widely advertised but rarely used. Xenforo has something a bit different, slightly less customisable, but hopefully effective enough if twinned with common sense and something I like to call "shut the hell up or GTFO".

If you no longer want to have to deal with another member for whatever reason then here's what you do to avoid further grief:

• Click on your name at the top of the screen.
  • Select the Privacy option.
  • Underneath the heading "People who may..." you have five drop-down boxes across two sections.
  • Pick the settings you prefer, ensuring that you are no longer following the person or persons in question.
  • Click Save.

Then exercise a little restraint, decorum and keep it off the boards from that point on. Don't comment, don't post, don't even hint (however subtle you may think you are being) - just drop it altogether. If so-and-so is still bitching? Report and don't respond. If you respond then that's your problem and you can't whine like a little girl when one of the staff disciplines you for it. Whilst you can't hide posts anymore from people you don't want to interact with, you can just not take the bait. Radical thinking, I know, but I'm sure at least some of you possess adequate brain cells to manage it.

Angel out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom