• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
What was everyone's first thoughts when they played DBZ UT?

My were:
1. The battles are so cool.
2. The graphics are sleek.
3. Why is the character roster so low?
4. Where is Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta?
5. Where is Broly's Normal form and normal Super Saiyan form?
6. I miss SS4 Son Goku and Vegeta, as well as Tarble and Turles.
7. The battles are the same thing over and over again...
8. Its to much trouble to level up your character...
9. Why do they mix the old cast with new cast?
10. I bought it for 58 dollars just to return in at Gamestop and get 28 dollars back...
That was a bad weekend.....
And don't get me started on the lazy as hell character creation.I mean really,and the story mode you can play for the custom characters was stupid.Like for example,at one point,the Androids randomly turn evil again but revert to good right afterwards because they learned a lesson on life's value?!What's next?Frieza adopts a puppy?!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
And don't get me started on the lazy as hell character creation.I mean really,and the story mode you can play for the custom characters was stupid.Like for example,at one point,the Androids randomly turn evil again but revert to good right afterwards because they learned a lesson on life's value?!What's next?Frieza adopts a puppy?!
So that's what happened to Bee lol.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I hate DBZ UT.

I really dislike the fact that the game actually does most of the battle for me with QTEs.

You can pretty much win any battle with sheer luck rather than skill.

Just press the right button and your golden.

I also hated the complete lack of creation items since that is one of the MAIN reason I even purchased this game. The idea of being able to create your own DBZ character sounds great on paper, its just to bad they completely ruined what could have been a awesome feature.

The "freeroam" (where you get to fly around and do battles) in this one wasn't what I expected. After playing Tekaichi 2's "free roam" mode and then going to play this one its obvious that they droped the ball here. It would have been nice to be able to find stuff like Dragonballs or drop down to a city and have random encounters with DBZ characters and talk to them. Sadly this was left out.

As much of a DBZ fan I am I must say I felt cheated out of my 60 bucks after playing it.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
DBZ UT also should've gave a person the option to create a male or female character. Dragon Ball GT Final Bout is better actually. Heck even DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 is better than UT and that's not saying much.
You know what I'd like to see? A Kai version of Dragon Ball.

Satsui no Hado

DBZ UT also should've gave a person the option to create a male or female character. Dragon Ball GT Final Bout is better actually. Heck even DBZ Ultimate Battle 22 is better than UT and that's not saying much.
You know what I'd like to see? A Kai version of Dragon Ball.
Oh god yes,a Dragon Ball with HD animation.And I mean ACTUAL HD animation,not what DBZ Kai did with just mixing some old scenes from the original DBZ and throwing in a few HD moments that lasted for a few seconds.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I was thinking about re-watching DBZ and I was wondering if you guys could advise me weather to watch the original series or DBZ Kai. I thought Kai was going to be best since it’s cleaned up but I’ve also heard it has edited out some of the blood and cut out the fillers too.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
i loved how every battle in this anime took atleast 2 episodes for exchanges of words, 3 episodes for battle cry, 5 episodes for power up, and then 10-12 episodes for the battle
HIS LEVEL IS OVER 9,000!!!

Captain Ren

Tribble
i have some Manga around. will try complete my collection someday. but still, i have this:

40932_1503781907287_1016412354_1469096_3450947_n.jpg

Satsui no Hado

I just thought of the perfect DBZ game.Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi graphics with Budokai 3 gameplay and with a roster bigger than Budokai Tenkaichi 3's.Oh and with an actually good character creation.

Satsui no Hado

That's what DBZ UT was suppose to be actually.
Well,let's see what they did right.
Ultimate Tenkaichi has some of the nicest art style I've seen in an anime video game.So there's a check there.
Budokai 3 Gameplay?Doesn't have that,it just has a butchered version of Budokai Tenkaichi's gameplay.
Roster bigger than Budokai Tenkaichi 3's?Not even close,Budokai 1 had more characters than UT.
Actually good character creation?AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....no,they didn't do that one correctly.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well,let's see what they did right.
Ultimate Tenkaichi has some of the nicest art style I've seen in an anime video game.So there's a check there.
Budokai 3 Gameplay?Doesn't have that,it just has a butchered version of Budokai Tenkaichi's gameplay.
Roster bigger than Budokai Tenkaichi 3's?Not even close,Budokai 1 had more characters than UT.
Actually good character creation?AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....no,they didn't do that one correctly.
Don't forget the switching between the old and new cast voice actors.

Top Bottom