• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Why do folks dislike DBGT?

Hey ! are you Blind or something ? i wrote a whole page and you just take it as "Bashing GT" whereas i was trying to list out why GT sucked

And you're still asking "Why do folks dislike DBGT ?" and i for your info i just gave away my GT boxset to my friend because i don't even like to stare at it its like an odd looking thing in my cd rack annoying me

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So what exactly is your definition of mature?

rape?

beheadings?

killing children?

what would qualify as mature to you?

Because Dragonball has swearing,killing,dismemberment,sexual themes,military war,guns,hell,and planetary destruction and yet it still is not mature enough for you?

Well i just meant it never made a profound connection to me so I didnt find it deep.
I just didnt connect to it the same i did other series.

Well maturity just means discussing things from an adult point of view rather than a child's such as the dichotomy between good or evil or such that doesn't evolve T&A or gratuitousness and in general, makes me question it.

Think of it like cursing, as you get older you realize you dont have to curse to sound adult.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Think of it like cursing, as you get older you realize you dont have to curse to sound adult.

No you dont but a game or movie with any violence and cursing etc in it would be rated for Mature audiences (according to content of course).

Dark Drakan

Admin
But then would you need to curse to sound adult?

Course not and thats not the point I was trying to make, ive said many times in the past (on these and other forums) that cursing usually shows a lack of vocabulary range and intelligence but mature rated stuff usually contains sexual references, bad language and violence or all of the above. Mature is usually referring to those who have 'matured' with age usually classed as those 16 and above (old enough to make their own decisions) and nothing to do with actual maturity as anyone at any age can be immature.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
First off, swearing does belong in mature content along with blood and drug use. Mature content doesn't refer to maturity in the same way as it would in real life. The mature content that reflects mature thinking is above a child, they just wouldn't understand it in the same way. It's different than showing them something that's straight up shows peoples arms being lopped off, lines of cocaine, and rampant profanity. You want to censor kids from the things you don't want them to see. They'll understand mature thinking at their own pace. You shouldn't try to protect them from that.

Also wanted to add that I really don't think there's any relation between how much someone swears and their vocabulary. A lot of the people I know who swear enjoy the kings English just as much, if not more, than anyone else. I tend to swear like a sailor and I, not to be boastful, do know a few more words than someone who never took studying language seriously.

Ever notice how no one is really ever surprised or offended about swearing? They always seem to be offended on the behalf of other people.

I did adopt this view from someone else. A like is in it for anyone who knows who.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
But then would you need to curse to sound adult?

I don't think its any mature but it is adult because adults can take it otherwise minors would be deeply hurt that's the point of the whole adult rating its not that cursing or blood means adult

its only suitable for adults that it !

Dark Drakan

Admin
First off, swearing does belong in mature content along with blood and drug use. Mature content doesn't refer to maturity in the same way as it would in real life. The mature content that reflects mature thinking is above a child, they just wouldn't understand it in the same way. It's different than showing them something that's straight up shows peoples arms being lopped off, lines of cocaine, and rampant profanity. You want to censor kids from the things you don't want them to see. They'll understand mature thinking at their own pace. You shouldn't try to protect them from that.

Also wanted to add that I really don't think there's any relation between how much someone swears and their vocabulary. A lot of the people I know who swear enjoy the kings English just as much, if not more, than anyone else. I tend to swear like a sailor and I, not to be boastful, do know a few more words than someone who never took studying language seriously.

Ever notice how no one is really ever surprised or offended about swearing? They always seem to be offended on the behalf of other people.

I did adopt this view from someone else. A like is in it for anyone who knows who.

Put it better than I did there Cheez. :cool:

I swear quite a lot in person too but the need to put it in text format on forums normally shows a lack of vocabulary range and a level of intelligence to make a point without it which is what I was referring to.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Just finished watching all 64 Uncut Dragon Ball GT episodes and the DBGT: A Hero's Legacy movie Uncut in original Japanese. God that was awesome!!! The Japanese explains a lot of the plot holes the English version failed to explain while making their own plot holes lol. (They were very minor) Masako Nozawa IS Son Goku!! :) More so than Sean.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Am i the only one who thinks that goku jr and vegeta jr could have been better ?

>He looks exactly like goku GT
180px-GokuJr.SS02.png
>
180px-GokuKidSuperSaiyanDBGT02.png
there is no difference except that red headband -_-"

>vegeta jr looks exactly looks like vegeta
180px-VegetaJr.SS01.png
>
180px-VegetaOwnedByKidBuuEp281.png

180px-Trunks_movie_8.jpg
images

look at trunks and goten at-least they look little bit different they're like great great great grandsons so obviously they shouldn't look exact same as their great great great ancestors and they should've made their saiyan identifies more secretive and climatic as they preceded in the tournament atleast they could've mixed some of trunks's aceent and some of gohan's hairstyle as they're all are forgotten in GT

P.S noteworthy mentions >>
180px-02-03.jpg
images
Feel the GT's greatness !

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I think Son Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr look bad @ss! And a nerd Style Son Gohan is a role model for a nerd such as myself. :)

Sure they'll look badass as they look exactly like goku and vegeta why they don't look like trunks or gohan ?? its stupid if you think about it

Son goku and vegeta's genes should be diluted by 1/2 every time it passes on generation and its been 100 years !! how in the earth they look exactly like them ?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sure they'll look badass as they look exactly like goku and vegeta why they don't look like trunks or gohan ?? its stupid if you think about it

Son goku and vegeta's genes should be diluted by 1/2 every time it passes on generation and its been 100 years !! how in the earth they look exactly like them ?

I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth but WHO THE #$@% CARES??!!!!!!!!!!!
I like how the characters look and that's that!!

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Just finished watching all 64 Uncut Dragon Ball GT episodes and the DBGT: A Hero's Legacy movie Uncut in original Japanese. God that was awesome!!! The Japanese explains a lot of the plot holes the English version failed to explain while making their own plot holes lol. (They were very minor) Masako Nozawa IS Son Goku!! :) More so than Sean.
Dude,no offence but.....Masako Nozawa is only good as Kid Goku,atleast in my opinion,for Adult Goku on the other hand....it's akward as hell.He sounds even younger than Monkey D. Luffy with that voice.If any japanese voice actor were to be better than the american one,it would be Frieza's voice.Ryusei Nakao is a freakin' master as Frieza.While the other actors,Linda Young wasn't a bad actor but she didn't suit Frieza while Chris Ayres was great as Frieza but he still doesn't beat Ryusei Nakao.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dude,no offence but.....Masako Nozawa is only good as Kid Goku,atleast in my opinion,for Adult Goku on the other hand....it's akward as hell.He sounds even younger than Monkey D. Luffy with that voice.If any japanese voice actor were to be better than the american one,it would be Frieza's voice.Ryusei Nakao is a freakin' master as Frieza.While the other actors,Linda Young wasn't a bad actor but she didn't suit Frieza while Chris Ayres was great as Frieza but he still doesn't beat Ryusei Nakao.
Other than the disagreeing on Mrs Nozawa as Son I totally agree with you. He also played Cooler and a Super Sentai villain if I'm not mistaken.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I loved DBZ when it first came on Cartoon Network. I haven't seen it for years though, since they moved it to a different channel. It was during the Buu saga, never got to see Vegetto :( I tried to watch them again and since it’s been so long I thought I would just start from the beginning; I only got as far as Goku landing on Namek XD

I remember eagerly waiting for every episode and now, I just find them so long and boring, though Goku does make me do a gigglesnort when he’s being daft.

I still love the character’s, Vegeta being my favourite, and now I eagerly await the next episode of Team Fourstar’s Dragonball Z Abridged instead ^^

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Has anyone played DBZ Burst limit?
Just wondering as I bought it today 'cheap'
Burst Limit is quite underrated.Sure it had it's problems,but for me,it's nice enough to play a Budokai game in updated graphics.Also,I have to say that Burst Limit handled Goku's 1st Super Saiyan Transformation scene the best out of all the video games.And Burst Limit is definiatly a better game than some of the more recent dissapointing titles.....*cough* Ultimate Tenkaichi *cough*.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
What was everyone's first thoughts when they played DBZ UT?

My were:
1. The battles are so cool.
2. The graphics are sleek.
3. Why is the character roster so low?
4. Where is Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta?
5. Where is Broly's Normal form and normal Super Saiyan form?
6. I miss SS4 Son Goku and Vegeta, as well as Tarble and Turles.
7. The battles are the same thing over and over again...
8. Its to much trouble to level up your character...
9. Why do they mix the old cast with new cast?
10. I bought it for 58 dollars just to return in at Gamestop and get 28 dollars back...
That was a bad weekend.....

Top Bottom