• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Alex Mercer vs Dante

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Which do you think would win?

Alex Mercer
Alex.Mercer.full.1013330.jpg

or Dante
tumblr_ltqmh0A7im1qdemnro1_500.jpg

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Close fight but honestly still dante...now this also depends on which dante were talking about sooooo

dmc1-close fight but he loses
dmc2-probably a win
dm3-defintely a win
dm4-mercer doesnt even stand a chance

THESE FANARTS I SWEAR.
(The Alex one isn't showing though;) )

...I like both,considering the fact they both come from different universes,each one of them is powerful in their own,but If we put them face to face...it depends,I think Dante though.)

But seriously,I'd like to see this fight.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
could you imagine if xbox 360 did a game like the ps3 all stars i would love that game and yah this is def a fight id love to see although dante has the better odds and while mercer is fast and destructive look at the enemies dante has fought and beaten all of which if you think about share some aspect of mercers powers etc beowulf-mercers powered up arms

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
YUP. Dante for sure.

Dante has instant healing, the speed to basically defy gravity, dodge bullets, get stabbed in the heart and walk it off, has several different devil triggers which only seem to increase his power, a huge arsenal of devil-arms at his disposal, years of experience with killing god-like demons who could have destroyed the world...

Sorry Alex.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Dante drops GODS! It's like the Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fighting Iron Man in Mk1 armor.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Alex can't win,he can shapeshift,fly,possess humans and has basic superpowers

Dante is a wisecracking half-demon with terrific speed and power even for a Boss fight alex mercer would probably run away.

DragonMaster2010

*Massive NOSEBLEED* :O

I think I know the artist who does these,It's on Pixiv if I'm not wrong.

It's from OFF RECORDS.net. He/she is a yaoi artist for Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry, and draws her own stuff. She or he also draws other things too. Case in point Alex Mercer.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Close fight but honestly still dante...now this also depends on which dante were talking about sooooo

dmc1-close fight but he loses
dmc2-probably a win
dm3-defintely a win
dm4-mercer doesnt even stand a chance

How does dmc1 Dante come to a close fight but dmc3 Dante is definitely? You ARE aware that in terms of power Dante's power from lowest to highest is:

DMC3
DMC1
DMC4
DMC2

...right?

But yeah i don't imagine Mercer would win.

DragonMaster2010

You all do know that Alex has actually survived worse then Dante has, right? At the end of Prototype he survived a nuclear explosion and simply rebuilt himself together just by eating a simple crow. And if Dante got to close to him, Alex could just latch himself onto Dante before he even knows it and consume him.

Rayl

This is making the assumption that Mercer is even capable of consuming a demon, also Dante's weaponry is magical in nature which is quite handy at taking out stuff with regenerative abilities.

DragonMaster2010

This is making the assumption that Mercer is even capable of consuming a demon, also Dante's weaponry is magical in nature which is quite handy at taking out stuff with regenerative abilities.

But that also doesn't say much on if Dante's weapons can take out a super intelligent bio massed weapon. demons and Alex Mercer are two different things. Another one of those Magic vs science things frankly. And it's assumed the the biomass can indeed range from humans to animals. And its obvious that Dante has DNA and therefore could be consumed by Alex.

Rayl

And yet you still can't prove that it wouldn't have an adverse effect on Mercer, he's a walking virus, what exactly is to say that if he tried to take Dante that he's even capable of taking demonic DNA without consequence, if at all. The Mercer Virus wasn't designed with demonic creatures in mind and without that information you can't say what would happen.

Putting that aside for a moment though, you have to get into physical contact for that to happen, Dante can just take him out long range simply by DT bullet helling him, i severely doubt that even with Mercer's enhanced defences that he could just shrug off attacks that could take down a being like Mundus.

DragonMaster2010

And yet you still can't prove that it wouldn't have an adverse effect on Mercer, he's a walking virus, what exactly is to say that if he tried to take Dante that he's even capable of taking demonic DNA without consequence, if at all. The Mercer Virus wasn't designed with demonic creatures in mind and without that information you can't say what would happen.

I never said it wouldn't. But considering he can take on DNA of any animal, it could be a possibility that he could consume demons. Plus there's still Dante's DNA that's part demon but also part human as well. He could still consume Dante, and who knows, the DNA doesn't even have to be human for him to consume, so maybe a demon or in this case "magic DNA" won't have an affect on him.

Putting that aside for a moment though, you have to get into physical contact for that to happen, Dante can just take him out long range simply by DT bullet helling him, i severely doubt that even with Mercer's enhanced defences that he could just shrug off attacks that could take down a being like Mundus.

Well it's not like Alex is just gonna stand there and let himself get shot at. Alex has killed a demon-like beast before (Elizibeth Greene, the Supreme Hunter, etc.) so he could just dodge all of the things Dante throws at him and come back at him.

Electromagnetic

All hail The King
While Mercer is clearly superior in terms of strength and endurance, Dante has a higher chance of winning because of his arsenal of demonic weaponry and combat skill IMO. NT Dante would've been an easier opponent.

Top Bottom