• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Absolver

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Lest you feel like this is just For Honor but with different graphics, publisher Devolver Digital suggests that it will feel more like an RPG in a related press release. There will be PvE as well as PvP modes, and you'll be able to build up a team of fighters as you explore various dungeons scattered across the Adal Empire. There's also mention of equippable gear and customizable attacks, so it sounds like there will be more to Absolver than meets the eye in this initial reveal.

http://www.gamesradar.com/absolver-...ngs-magical-martial-arts-to-ps4-and-xbox-one/

----

kjQQqynWtxsQAZ7bqPWGsT-1200-80.png

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
hXj4bFRGiqv6hKUBMYnwDi-970-80.png

You acquire attacks in Absolver like you acquire weapons in other RPGs. Defeat an enemy and he might drop not a knife, but a knife-hand strike. Each maneuver has ratings for basics like speed and damage, but also secondary effects like guard break or absorption. Your "combat deck" is where you'll manage these, picking and customizing your combos to produce the desired effects.

Let's say that you want to produce a combo designed to be as fast as possible. You'd go into my combat deck and select my speediest attacks, assigning them slots in my combo chain. Simple, right? That's when you notice the four stances you can switch between.

The stances, like your character's attacks, are deceptively simple. They're not called anything fancy, and are oriented based on the way you face your opponent. Two with your chest toward your foe, two with your chest turned out. Each stance has its own combo you can customize, allowing you to swap between styles of combat. You could, for example, set up one stance to be your fast-paced strikes, and another that's your heavy-hitting strikes.

http://www.gamesradar.com/kick-punch-its-all-in-the-timing-in-fighting-rpg-hybrid-absolver/

Top Bottom