• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A theory on Devil May Cry 5's story mode: Dante's hair length.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think I might know how DMC5 may go storywise. How? Well, all it really took was me looking at Dante's hair.

Here's Dante's hair before he took a mission.
dp0zjtvipbjuig393kes.png
devil_may_cry_5_tgs_dante_screenshot_10.jpg

Notice how the bangs are brushed straight down and are a tad shorter; also more parted.

Now here's after a certain point
DMC5-Gameplay_09-21-18.jpg
news_tgs_dmc5_s_dante_is_unveiled-20426.jpg

See how its more shaggy and tampered with. The back and sides are longer now.

I think I have a theory on that and the game's story.

SO in the beginning, Nero is attacked as we saw in the very first teaser trailer and has his arm taken. The mysterious guy disappeared and Nero is left without his Devil Bringer.

Meanwhile, V visits Dante with a mission and Dante accepts along with Lady and Trish.

Nero and Nico go to where Dante, Trish, and Lady are, only to find that all three were defeated and
"Dante's rebellion is shattered into pieces."
I won't say anymore then that due to spoilers.

Nero's separated from the three of them, and is forced to make his way back to where the three of them are with the help of Nico and her creation; the Devil Breaker. This could be where mission one starts and the Nero demo gameplay takes place since Nero seems to already know V.

Nero continues on throughout the game until he finally meets V again, and he shows him where Dante is first. This could be where the scene of Nico fangirling over Dante comes from, and also where Nero says "I've got all the power I need! Right here." He frees him or something and he looks messed up due to being captured.

Dante goes on his own to save Trish and Lady
"Using Sparda that he probably called upon or found somewhere."
This could be where the gameplay of Dante fighting that lightning angelo comes from. We can assume that the lightning angelo only uses lightning because of Trish, so that could mean that the one holding Lady could probably be a gun shooting angelo.

Nero, V, and Nico have their own situation and missions of course.

All of them meet up where they fight the final boss and such.

I don't know after that, but this is all just me theorizing. As for V, I would have to wait till his trailer comes out to add more.

And so, this is all I figured just from noticing the difference in Dante's hair.

So that's my theory, what do you guys think? Any other theories?

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I think I might know how DMC5 may go storywise. How? Well, all it really took was me looking at Dante's hair.

Here's Dante's hair before he took a mission.
dp0zjtvipbjuig393kes.png
devil_may_cry_5_tgs_dante_screenshot_10.jpg

Notice how the bangs are brushed straight down and are a tad shorter; also more parted.

Now here's after a certain point
DMC5-Gameplay_09-21-18.jpg
news_tgs_dmc5_s_dante_is_unveiled-20426.jpg

See how its more shaggy and tampered with. The back and sides are longer now.

I think I have a theory on that and the game's story.

SO in the beginning, Nero is attacked as we saw in the very first teaser trailer and has his arm taken. The mysterious guy disappeared and Nero is left without his Devil Bringer.

Meanwhile, V visits Dante with a mission and Dante accepts along with Lady and Trish.

Nero and Nico go to where Dante, Trish, and Lady are, only to find that all three were defeated and
"Dante's rebellion is shattered into pieces."
I won't say anymore then that due to spoilers.

Nero's separated from the three of them, and is forced to make his way back to where the three of them are with the help of Nico and her creation; the Devil Breaker. This could be where mission one starts and the Nero demo gameplay takes place since Nero seems to already know V.

Nero continues on throughout the game until he finally meets V again, and he shows him where Dante is first. This could be where the scene of Nico fangirling over Dante comes from, and also where Nero says "I've got all the power I need! Right here." He frees him or something and he looks messed up due to being captured.

Dante goes on his own to save Trish and Lady
"Using Sparda that he probably called upon or found somewhere."
This could be where the gameplay of Dante fighting that lightning angelo comes from. We can assume that the lightning angelo only uses lightning because of Trish, so that could mean that the one holding Lady could probably be a gun shooting angelo.

Nero, V, and Nico have their own situation and missions of course.

All of them meet up where they fight the final boss and such.

I don't know after that, but this is all just me theorizing. As for V, I would have to wait till his trailer comes out to add more.

And so, this is all I figured just from noticing the difference in Dante's hair.

So that's my theory, what do you guys think? Any other theories?
Don't forget the fact that for the first time in DMC history they are actively keeping us updated one the precise time and date if the gameplay videos from TGS are anything to go off of. It's hard to believe that they're doing that for no reason.

ShiningTempest

The DMC series never had any plot to begin with.
Its the fan's passion and curiosity about the lore that made Capcom consider a good narrative for the recent games.

Top Bottom