• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A simple thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
This is a discussion about a thought that occured to me...it is pure speculation,but bear with me.

We know and saw from DMC4 that Capcom decided to go the MGS way just to introduce a new hero,Nero.However all that ends abtruptly without exploring the rest of the DMC universe and without answering many questions.What if this is what's happening :

Capcom decided to outscource many home console series[and some of the ir main series] and give some of them to several western developers.We know that much.Yet now they also reboot Devil May Cry...

What if Capcom decided to imitate Konami again with what they are doing with Lords of Shadows[thought LoS is a self-contained reboot and doesn't fit in the cannon] but add a SEGA twist along the line?What if they decided to use the western DmC for the home consoles and continue with the DMC we are more familiar with on portable systems?Maybe DMC5 will be for the PSP[or the 3DS] like Phantasy Star Portable series[the continuation of the Universe series] and Valkyria Chronicles.

Your thoughts?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Seriously, if DMC5 is only for PSP, I am doomed. I rather have it to be released on multi platform, for PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, and PC.

In my opinion, sometimes console exclusivity does not work. It shows a rather close minded method to appeal to gamers. Multi platform games is a much better way to appeal in wider audience of gamers. Take Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII, Street Fighter IV, and other popular multi-platform games. Most of the popular ones have good sales.

As for Sega, releasing Valkyria Chronicles II for PSP paid off, but it won't work for Valkyria Chronicles 3 as many PS3 users expected it to come out on PS3 for a reason. However, it will only be released for PSP for now. Rumours has it that it will be released for PS3 if the sales for Valkyria Chronicles 3 is satisfying, but it is never confirmed.

I don't think Capcom should imitate Sega's moves as Capcom itself has not been releasing masterpiece games as of late for now. Although the sales and profit of the games are more than satisfying, fanbases of the franchises will crumble as they think the newer games are not better than the previous games.

Good thread. Rep+.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Thanks.

Who knows though...maybe it's a money saving move for the moment or for the years to come since Capcom has received the heaviest blow of all the industries up until now...

As for VC 3,it is because it's a mid-quel/parallel story with Valkyria Chronicles...in essence it is Valkyria Chronicles PSP version.What SEGA promised was that the next SEQUEL would be released for the PS3 not the next GAME.So,it was a fair move and they didn't violate any promises.

As for the multi-platform I agree,but it's not our decision...they are all extremely popular and best selling.Why not make DmC for the time neing the replacement for DMC and gather resources to make the next HD,Multiplatformed DMC in the years to come.If that's going to happen,it really sounds like a plan to me.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Wish Capcom think that far ahead. But as for now, I don't know. Other companies seems excited to release new games from their popular franchises, and that includes Western companies as well.

I don't know whether Capcom can carry on with this. By the looks of things, perhaps Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be their saving grace, as well as Dead Rising 2. DmC may be also Capcom's saving grace provided that Ninja Theory knows what they are doing for that game.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I doubt it...they will ease the situation up,that's for sure,but it won't be enough,since a large part of the profits will go to the purchase of Blue Castle Studios to become Capcom Canada.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ah, as for that, Capcom made a wise move on buying that company. And the studio has already been absorbed as Capcom Game Studios Vancouver.

I think Capcom should purchase Ninja Theory as well, so that they can have creative control in DmC and stuff.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
More money to be lost in a way...:p

I don't think that NT will agree though.They have their completely own agenda...

Was it really a wise move?Then again...

Anyway,I hope they announce something soon enough...since we are still with the p***s in the hand as far as several projects of Capcom are concerned one of them being Dragon's Dogma if I'm correct.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
In return, they will get more money back. :lol:

True. Ninja Theory doesn't strike me as company that are willing to be bought by other company.

Rumours are that Dragon's Dogma and Asura's Wrath may be connected, and may be released simultaneously. Hopefully, these two games may save Capcom from bankruptcy.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
True.Spend money gain money...damn I hate this whole Tag-O-War-Capitalism system.

Yup,I know.I was also one of those that speculated that they are different versions of the same game.Asura's Wrath is an independent project though by Cyberconnect2 colaborating with Capcom due to fan+ demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom