• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A question that I've been wondering for a long time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Does Devil May Cry have any enemies that are completely mechanical? I was just wondering, as all enemies that have mechanical parts seem to be organic as well. (Nightmare comes to mind.)

So far, the only completely mechanical enemy I can think of are the Dullahan from DMC3. But, even they're not completely mechanical as they have a soul. What are you guy's thoughts on this?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
demons wholden't use somting purely mecanical. why use plain machines when you can use biological machines powerd by demonic magic. after all robots could never have the power of a demon. or even possesed armor like bianco angelo.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
DreadnoughtDT;205124 said:
Does Devil May Cry have any enemies that are completely mechanical? I was just wondering, as all enemies that have mechanical parts seem to be organic as well. (Nightmare comes to mind.)

So far, the only completely mechanical enemy I can think of are the Dullahan from DMC3. But, even they're not completely mechanical as they have a soul. What are you guy's thoughts on this?

Well, the Infestant Tank and Infestant Helicopter in DMC2 are probably mechanical, but it has some kind of parasite that infests the tank and helicopter, therefore probably both organic and mechanical, but only small percentage of organic, I guess.

Nightmare from DMC1 are also both mechanical and organic, and it is mentioned in DMC Enemy Files that it is unknown if it had consciousness or not.

Cutlass and Gladius in DMC4 are often to be mistaken as mechanical, but they are hand made demons by Agnus.

So far... I haven't seen any enemies that are fully mechanical. Good thread. :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Heh. Thanks. Maybe we should make a bunch of mechanical enemy ideas and send them to Capcom?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
But what difficulty will that present in a game? You can shoot holes in metal and make them go kaboom, or you can turn it into confetti with a sword. Unless they make it invincible mechanical armour, but that would just be friggin annoying trying to break through with Rebellion or Red Queen. Wouldn't it?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was thinking that Dante could be fighting man made creations. You know, maybe there's an entire industrial city in Europe or somewhere that's churning out machines made from demonic metal. If it's demonic, it would be as strong as say... a Bianco Angelo's armor. Pretty tough, and gunshots wouldn't go through it very easily.

aka958

Don't trust people
What would control them? DMC is centered on demons, why should they change?
Some of Agnus creations are supposed to look mechanical but they are demons or armors possesed by demon souls.
Why have something completely mechanical? That is boring IMO, what's the point in that when it comes to DMC? We got the chopper, the tank, and from what i've seen they don't seem all that funny to fight either.
Or did you think of the scorpion mech in FFVII? That would maybe work... but still not DMC's style or way to go.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ugh. Seriously? Do I have to put the whole backstory down?

These robots were created by humans who worship demons. These robots are given souls through an arcane ritual, not unlike the Ascention Ceremony. Then, they're given orders. Unfortunately, they don't follow them.

Is that good enough? aka, it better be, because although it doesn't seem like much, that took a lot of thought.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
it sounds like that movie...what was it called? I.Robot? the one with Will Smith and all the robots going haywire - only with a DMC twist and enter demonic power, that's what you're aiming for right DT? That could be cool.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
hey i just had a thought. remember the uboros corperation from dmc2. they could make mecanical enemys
i had another related thought someone should go to the thread called " fixing dmc2" and suggest mecanical enemys. ( come up with a few first.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom