• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A partner in battle for Nero in DMC6

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
For DMC4&5, Nero has always fought demons in battle solo. Nico however just sits in her van & does maintenance.

Nero will need a partner of his own in battle. Since V, maybe Nero could use a summoner in his DMC branch.

Either Patty Lowell makes a comeback or a new character who'll carry out V's playstyle, updated. Male or female.

How will that work?

V had that Shin Megami Tensei vibe in him with Demifiend.

If anything, a new summoner should have a Pokemon/Cardcaptors/Yokai Watch/Yu-Gi-Oh vibe in him/her. Sealing powerful boss demons to serve the new summoner after defeating them in battle.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Since Nero can't use the styles, you could just create new characters to fill that gap. Granted you have to make them not feel like one trick ponies.

For Royalguard a character like this could work- https://www.deviantart.com/x-i-d-n-e-y/art/Xidney-Chara-Sheet-193790732

For the summoner role i prefer his mom to do it. V basing how his summons work on how she used her summons makes sense in a retcon.

how would a royal guard character work in Nero’s branch?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
how would a royal guard character work in Nero’s branch?
Nero needs fighters who could handle themselves. It helps if they could do things Nero can't. A Trickster-style character could be stealth based and quick enough to retrieve objects of interest. A Gunslinger style character could be a sniper who could provide cover fire when things are tough.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Nero needs fighters who could handle themselves. It helps if they could do things Nero can't. A Trickster-style character could be stealth based and quick enough to retrieve objects of interest. A Gunslinger style character could be a sniper who could provide cover fire when things are tough.

So for a trickster-style user - a thief/assassin/ninja?

Gunslinger-style user - we got Lady to back Nero up or someone fresh in the table?

Royal Guard-style user - an athlete/military man? Anyone who could use a shield like Captain America in some way?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
So for a trickster-style user - a thief/assassin/ninja?

Gunslinger-style user - we got Lady to back Nero up or someone fresh in the table?

Royal Guard-style user - an athlete/military man? Anyone who could use a shield like Captain America in some way?
I don't mind Lady coming back but I'm not invested in it. I prefer someone new as Nero needs his own friends.

Royal Guard is tricky because it can be a one-trick pony. I was thinking something like MGR which requires you to time your counters.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I don't mind Lady coming back but I'm not invested in it. I prefer someone new as Nero needs his own friends.

Royal Guard is tricky because it can be a one-trick pony. I was thinking something like MGR which requires you to time your counters.

Good point.

Nero could use a sniper in his team somehow. Think like Ana from Overwatch. Or any kind of gunslinger to join in the mix.

I'm thinking also about the Dreadnaught move Dante used to use in DMC4 be given to a new character with a Royalguard-based playstyle.

Hungry Alien

Good point.

Nero could use a sniper in his team somehow. Think like Ana from Overwatch. Or any kind of gunslinger to join in the mix.

I'm thinking also about the Dreadnaught move Dante used to use in DMC4 be given to a new character with a Royalguard-based playstyle.
For the Royalguard based character, why not a wrestler/boxer able to harden his skin and having enormous strength, but lower mobility ?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
But Nero has some bits of wrestling when he does his Buster.
Thats fine cause you could always give him/her a different wrestling moveset and other mechanics to differentiate them.

Nero's gameplay wasn't appealing in 4 because you just relied on snatch rather than giving him more tools to play around with.

For my suggestion to work, the styles are just a starting point not the end goal.

If boxing/wrestling is too simplistic maybe give them a specific martial arts to use like aikido etc.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Thats fine cause you could always give him/her a different wrestling moveset and other mechanics to differentiate them.

Nero's gameplay wasn't appealing in 4 because you just relied on snatch rather than giving him more tools to play around with.

For my suggestion to work, the styles are just a starting point not the end goal.

If boxing/wrestling is too simplistic maybe give them a specific martial arts to use like aikido etc.

Aikido fighter will work!

Still wonder how Nero will be able to make his own team? Any other ideas?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd pitch Nero meeting his mom on a case. She was a sorceress Vergil knew back in the day. They had something special but it didn't last. After they parted ways she found she was pregnant but gave the baby up for adoption. She didn't feel like Vergil or herself were up for the challenge of parenting nor could she actually find vergil to ask him.

In the present she and Nero have to work together to solve a case but she is a wild card and Nero isn't sure he could trust her.

She's a bit like Raven from RWBY. She has some sorceress abilities and Vergil taught her how to fight when they were together. If you wanted to name her Kat after DmC im not opposed to it.

@Ronin

Last edited:

Hungry Alien

But Nero has some bits of wrestling when he does his Buster.
The character I imagine would be more of a "heavy" fighter. While Nero do some wrestling, he is still overall very similar to Dante with his nimble fighting style. My character would be something like a Street Fighter character : a mountain of muscle who use his raw strength to block attack and overcome his foe.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
There's always an opportunity for "good" or "neutral" demons to assist Nero.

Thats something the series set up in 3 but never explored that in depth yet.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@V's patron

Well any idea how to bring a good demon as Nero's partner? Maybe not have just one partner, but two on his side.

A good male demon & a female summoner since V.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@V's patron

Well any idea how to bring a good demon as Nero's partner? Maybe not have just one partner, but two on his side.

A good male demon & a female summoner since V.
I pitched Nero's mom as a summoner.

Or you could have an older demon couple that Nero has to team up with.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Seeing Nero like Edward Alphonse with the Devil Breakers & Bringer, as they remind us of Ed's automail armor & leg, how about Nero's new partner be someone who's soul is in a suit of armor like Alphonse Elric?

A young boy who tampers with demonic power through alchemy ends up losing his body and his soul gets placed in an armored suit. He could have some Royalguard vibes somewhere.

3c0248cf8a8ac802a4b67f68bcf29347.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The government decided to invest in robotics as a demon deterrent.

Ps. It can be a low key mega man crossover on the fly ;).

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Okay if Nero's mom is to be the new summoner and a new character, how would she fit? And what would be a good name for her?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Okay if Nero's mom is to be the new summoner and a new character, how would she fit? And what would be a good name for her?
You could name her Kat after the character in DmC but it's not essential. Her last name could be some literary reference.

My earlier post in the thread detailed how i would pitch her. Her also being a summoner is optional but not essential.

I like your alphonse idea a bit more. After he gets his body back you could make a trickster/summoner combo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom