• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A list of things I love hearing when it comes to this series...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
*sarcasm*

-You hate DmC just because of the hair
-I hate DMC4 because all this anime bullshronkle they do in the cutscenes that I can't do in the game!
-DMC1 is terrible because of the "LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT" scene
-I hate Nero because he's not Dante
-DmC has a totally awesome and original story with interesting characters
-Kat is one of the few strong female characters of modern gaming
-I hate DMC3 because of all the anime bullshufflepuck they do in the cutscenes that I can't do in the game!
-DmC's story isn't great, it doesn't have to be because DMC's story wasn't great either (believe I'll go into more detail on why this point ****es me off at a later point)
-The old Dante is a gay anime stereotype and I'm glad Ninja Theory helped to phase him out
-The DMC series had nowhere to go, so rebooting it was the right thing to do (try reading more than 3 issues of the New 52 and Marvel NOW!)
-God of War was first not Devil May Cry, DMC ripped off GoW
-Ha, DmC has up to *insert worthless number here* copies now, a sequel is guaranteed
-I hate old Dante because he's a douche and taunts his enemies
-DmC is the best game EVAAAAAR!!!
-DmC is better than all the older games put together by a country flossbocken mile
-I'm so glad Capcom gave up all that anime bullshit that the original series represented for DmC

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Grow up, get over yourself, and get a life dude.

Anyway, look at this picture of my dog Jolie peeps! Isn't she adorable?
299489_107951035981919_79123451_n.jpg

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I agree she is. Also, I won't leave DmC alone until all the stupid chucks out there leave Other M alone.
As a huge Metroid fan, I didn't like Other M for turning Samus in to a whiny and submissive woman. The gameplay was still ok and I think something like that would be great for Megaman but, what they did to her was worst than what happened to Dante.

I still don't constantly b!tch about Other M though because I rather just pretend it doesn't exist and go back to playing me some Super Metroid.

So that's a dumb freaking excuse because you're just making yourself sound like an idiot who follows other idiots. You're no better than the people who you say allegedly complain consistently about Other M. This complaining this long is a crying shame.

Dante in DmC is not that much different from the other ones anyway because Dante was never much of a character. He's a dude who slashes and shoots demons while spouting one liners and smack talking them. DmC has that. Pretty much Dante at his core in a nutshell.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
What happened to Samus in Other M was basically misogynistic. And don't tell me Samus didn't have character because she was a silent protagonist. Because you need to ask yourself what we know about her? That she chooses a dangerous profession like bounty hunting, has toppled heavily guarded space pirate bases alone, and even has a sensitive side considering her interaction with a baby Metroid. That doesn't make character a blank slate.

Which is the problem when the guys who made stuff like Extreme Beach Volleyball handled one of the most loved strong female protagonist in video games. Because they made her literally submit to this commander guy like it was some fetish thing going on. She was willing to die just because the guy didn't give her the say so to use life saving equipment. Yea.....nope.

Dante himself is a stereotype. He's practically an anime Ninja Turtle and he has had 5 games now that show pretty much that's all he has to offer. Dante in DmC had a little more to him but he still at his core is pretty much Dante. Just because you don't like Dante being a little different then that's your problem. You just have a problem with the different which was the POINT behind DmC.

I'm not telling you you need to like it but you just need to realize this stuff bro. And just go back and play the originals. DmC does NOT STOP THE ORIGINALS FROM EXISTING. They are still there. I still play them to this day. So, get over it.

TyrantWayne9999

What happened to Samus in Other M was basically misogynistic. And don't tell me Samus didn't have character because she was a silent protagonist. Because you need to ask yourself what we know about her? That she chooses a dangerous profession like bounty hunting, has toppled heavily guarded space pirate bases alone, and even has a sensitive side considering her interaction with a baby Metroid. That doesn't make character a blank slate.

Which is the problem when the guys who made stuff like Extreme Beach Volleyball handled one of the most loved strong female protagonist in video games. Because they made her literally submit to this commander guy like it was some fetish thing going on. She was willing to die just because the guy didn't give her the say so to use life saving equipment. Yea.....nope.

Dante himself is a stereotype. He's practically an anime Ninja Turtle and he has had 5 games now that show pretty much that's all he has to offer. Dante in DmC had a little more to him but he still at his core is pretty much Dante. Just because you don't like Dante being a little different then that's your problem. You just have a problem with the different which was the POINT behind DmC.

I'm not telling you you need to like it but you just need to realize this stuff bro. And just go back and play the originals. DmC does NOT STOP THE ORIGINALS FROM EXISTING. They are still there. I still play them to this day. So, get over it.
Now let me retort with this. at one point someone at santa monica studio wanted to turn god of war into a zelda style game. ask yourself, how would the GoW fans react if they heard it? then imagine their reaction if it came to pass? sure some of them might like it, but most them would be shocked how drastically they changed the game just to appeal to a "wider audience"? with this game it isn't just about dante it's about everthing and how un-DMC it feels in both gameplay and spirit. granted it still falls in the same genre but that doesn't necessarily mean it's automatically good. that's like saying all final fantasy fans like all rpgs. do ya understand what I'm saying?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Now let me retort with this. at one point someone at santa monica studio wanted to turn god of war into a zelda style game. ask yourself, how would the GoW fans react if they heard it? then imagine their reaction if it came to pass? sure some of them might like it, but most them would be shocked how drastically they changed the game just to appeal to a "wider audience"? with this game it isn't just about dante it's about everthing and how un-DMC it feels in both gameplay and spirit. granted it still falls in the same genre but that doesn't necessarily mean it's automatically good. that's like saying all final fantasy fans like all rpgs. do ya understand what I'm saying?
How un-DMC is DmC really? You still have a smack talking protagonist that wields a huge array of weapons to slash and shoot demons and the gameplay is still a hack n slash that has an obsession with style that encourages you to not only kill the enemies but in the most flashy and over the top way possible.

DmC meets all those requirements. I say the only thing really missing is the PUNISHING difficulty known in previous games but I digress since it is still some hack n slashy fun.

This still looks very much like Devil May Cry.

And if you ask me, DMC lost its spirit after the first one.

Frazz

General gamer
*sarcasm*

-You hate DmC just because of the hair
-I hate DMC4 because all this anime bullshronkle they do in the cutscenes that I can't do in the game!
-DMC1 is terrible because of the "LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT" scene
-I hate Nero because he's not Dante
-DmC has a totally awesome and original story with interesting characters
-Kat is one of the few strong female characters of modern gaming
-I hate DMC3 because of all the anime bullshufflepuck they do in the cutscenes that I can't do in the game!
-DmC's story isn't great, it doesn't have to be because DMC's story wasn't great either (believe I'll go into more detail on why this point ****es me off at a later point)
-The old Dante is a gay anime stereotype and I'm glad Ninja Theory helped to phase him out
-The DMC series had nowhere to go, so rebooting it was the right thing to do (try reading more than 3 issues of the New 52 and Marvel NOW!)
-God of War was first not Devil May Cry, DMC ripped off GoW
-Ha, DmC has up to *insert worthless number here* copies now, a sequel is guaranteed
-I hate old Dante because he's a douche and taunts his enemies
-DmC is the best game EVAAAAAR!!!
-DmC is better than all the older games put together by a country flossbocken mile
-I'm so glad Capcom gave up all that anime bullshit that the original series represented for DmC
M'lad you have to lay off this incessant hatred... All you have done recently is create lots of threads to discuss your distaste for DmC which by now is well documented therefore another thread at this point is no longer necessary. I understand the disappointment with DmC (mainly the boss fights) but just because you did not have fun with it does not mean you need to scream your displeasure from the hilltops. I also realise how ridiculously some DmC fans go to defend it, upon it's release I was a little carried away with defending it but slagging the fans just ain't cool.

TyrantWayne9999

How un-DMC is DmC really? You still have a smack talking protagonist that wields a huge array of weapons to slash and shoot demons and the gameplay is still a hack n slash that has an obsession with style that encourages you to not only kill the enemies but in the most flashy and over the top way possible.

DmC meets all those requirements. I say the only thing really missing is the PUNISHING difficulty known in previous games but I digress since it is still some hack n slashy fun.

This still looks very much like Devil May Cry.

And if you ask me, DMC lost its spirit after the first one.
1. the style rank system Is made I such a way that even a 5 year old can get SSS ranking
2. This game not only not make any effort to encourage the player to utilize the games arsenal to it's fullest potential but it discourages it by having color coded enemies that limit combo variety
3. the stances I feel are not a proper substitute for the style systems in DMC3 and 4.
4. two dodge buttons? really I can't even begin to comment on how stupid that is
5. this more or less ties in with number 4, the lack of a lock-on button and yet another factor that taxes this games combo-ing potential and effectiveness.
6. for a game that's cropped up near the tail end of the ps3/xb360/wii era it's graphics certainly do not hold up and another problem tied in with that is that the massive contrast in the colors this game likes to utilizes hurts my eyes only after about half an hour of gameplay and I gotta keep looking away from the screen.
7. Tapping the shoulder buttons in my opinion is better than holding the shoulder buttons
8. Tameem said this game's story would rival the Dark Knight trilogy (truth be told that wouldn't be a difficulty in the hands of a semi-competent writer). Yes I know the story of the classic series is nothing to write home about but Kamiya and Itsuno never bragged they were the next messiah's of video game storytelling.

But to most of all I'm saying is "blah blah blah hair. blah blah blah stupid weaboo bullshit. blah blah butthurting." Am I wrong?

Frazz

General gamer
1. the style rank system Is made I such a way that even a 5 year old can get SSS ranking
2. This game not only not make any effort to encourage the player to utilize the games arsenal to it's fullest potential but it discourages it by having color coded enemies that limit combo variety
3. the stances I feel are not a proper substitute for the style systems in DMC3 and 4.
4. two dodge buttons? really I can't even begin to comment on how stupid that is
5. this more or less ties in with number 4, the lack of a lock-on button and yet another factor that taxes this games combo-ing potential and effectiveness.
6. for a game that's cropped up near the tail end of the ps3/xb360/wii era it's graphics certainly do not hold up and another problem tied in with that is that the massive contrast in the colors this game likes to utilizes hurts my eyes only after about half an hour of gameplay and I gotta keep looking away from the screen.
7. Tapping the shoulder buttons in my opinion is better than holding the shoulder buttons
8. Tameem said this game's story would rival the Dark Knight trilogy (truth be told that wouldn't be a difficulty in the hands of a semi-competent writer). Yes I know the story of the classic series is nothing to write home about but Kamiya and Itsuno never bragged they were the next messiah's of video game storytelling.

But to most of all I'm saying is "blah blah blah hair. blah blah blah stupid weaboo bullshit. blah blah butthurting." Am I wrong?
The ease of the game is one of it's main flaws for those that do not like it but I must admit that Uncharted 2 is pretty much my favourite game and it's not overly challenging... just fun. You should not belittle this game as whilst you did not have fun with it others did, and good for them! In your utter hatred/ tirade against DmC you are being just as tiresome and ridiculous as those fans you are attempting to put down.

Take a step back and re-read your posts and note your words and how they make you sound like any of the examples of DmC fan behaviour.

TyrantWayne9999

The ease of the game is one of it's main flaws for those that do not like it but I must admit that Uncharted 2 is pretty much my favourite game and it's not overly challenging... just fun. You should not belittle this game as whilst you did not have fun with it others did, and good for them! In your utter hatred/ tirade against DmC you are being just as tiresome and ridiculous as those fans you are attempting to put down.

Take a step back and re-read your posts and note your words and how they make you sound like any of the examples of DmC fan behaviour.
I'm not angry at the fans. I'm angry at capcom and that ****head tameem. This game was capcom's last straw. I am not angry for what it is but what it could have been. Never have I seen a company **** up so hard since EA and Ultima IX and whoever the **** made ride to hell.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Oh noes~ The pat-on-the-back rewards multiplier is more lenient.

The colored enemies actually promote learning to use your arsenal in different ways. It pushes you to use everything together, as each skill has different properties, and then encourages learning other ways to use them to achieve the maximum style rank for the highest rewards possible.

What you feel doesn't transfer as fact. The fact is that DmC was able to take the hot-swapping of DMC3's back-and-forth and combine it with DMC4's "give-you-access-to-everhthing" arsenal.

For ease of use with two different stances. Most upper-level players forego one to make Gun Special more accessible anyway.

The game wasn't built with the classic lock-on in mind, so playing the game like it should have it is a good way to suck at it. Learning the directional lock and tap-to-switch functions that exist in the game are more than adequate for all the fancy "TrueStyle" level of gameplay that can be found.

The classic lock-on function was rather rigid and restricting.

My apologies to your eyes :p

One would think, but holding and then releasing is easier on a finger and takes less time than tapping twice. It's a milliseconds difference, but it is a difference. Also this is an ironic statement considering the desire for the classic's "hold R1" lock-on function.

Gonna need a source on that >.>

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
1.) I'm not going to bother with the DmC issue. I thought it was just a meh video game on it's own, but I hated the characters (wouldn't want to see it continued). Let people have their opinions and lets not start some flame war by posting how much you hate it.
2.) For once in my life I agree with Chancey289 (Something that will probably never happen again). As a huge Metroid fan myself, I absolutely despised Metroid Other M!!! I mean dude, different strokes I get it, but you can't tell me Other M wasn't a bigger middle finger to fans faces than DmC was. Yeah reDante can swim in a lava bed, but Samus!?!? You're really okay with what they did to her???
Oh_Noes167.jpg

On a side note: DAWWWWW AT THE PUPPY<3

AlastorSword

I'd say that's a bit of a stretch, kind of subjective really. The only DMC game I found to be genuinely difficult was the original Devil May Cry, but that's just me.

I agree with the rest of your post however.
1 and 3 were the only hard ones to me. 2 is **** easy (Unless you're in the secret rooms of DMD mode MY GOD!!!) and DMC4 was modernity easy enough (though it has it's moments)

TyrantWayne9999

1.) I'm not going to bother with the DmC issue. I thought it was just a meh video game on it's own, but I hated the characters (wouldn't want to see it continued). Let people have their opinions and lets not start some flame war by posting how much you hate it.
2.) For once in my life I agree with Chancey289 (Something that will probably never happen again). As a huge Metroid fan myself, I absolutely despised Metroid Other M!!! I mean dude, different strokes I get it, but you can't tell me Other M wasn't a bigger middle finger to fans faces than DmC was. Yeah reDante can swim in a lava bed, but Samus!?!? You're really okay with what they did to her???
Oh_Noes167.jpg

On a side note: DAWWWWW AT THE PUPPY<3
No, I'm not. If anything that game was ok, but the story I consider non-canon. It doesn't help that it completely disregards the Prime games.

AlastorSword

No, I'm not. If anything that game was ok, but the story I consider non-canon. It doesn't help that it completely disregards the Prime games.
No you're not... what? Not okay with what they did to Samus or not going to let people have their opinions on DmC? Sorry I'm not sure what part of my post you're exactly referring to :/

berto

I Saw the Devil
I get your frustration but the topic makes it a bit hard to respond. It's hard to discuss it the way you're putting it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Oh noes~ The pat-on-the-back rewards multiplier is more lenient.

The colored enemies actually promote learning to use your arsenal in different ways. It pushes you to use everything together, as each skill has different properties, and then encourages learning other ways to use them to achieve the maximum style rank for the highest rewards possible.

What you feel doesn't transfer as fact. The fact is that DmC was able to take the hot-swapping of DMC3's back-and-forth and combine it with DMC4's "give-you-access-to-everhthing" arsenal.

For ease of use with two different stances. Most upper-level players forego one to make Gun Special more accessible anyway.

The game wasn't built with the classic lock-on in mind, so playing the game like it should have it is a good way to suck at it. Learning the directional lock and tap-to-switch functions that exist in the game are more than adequate for all the fancy "TrueStyle" level of gameplay that can be found.

The classic lock-on function was rather rigid and restricting.

My apologies to your eyes :p

One would think, but holding and then releasing is easier on a finger and takes less time than tapping twice. It's a milliseconds difference, but it is a difference. Also this is an ironic statement considering the desire for the classic's "hold R1" lock-on function.

Gonna need a source on that >.>
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom