• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Helpful Thread For Gold Supporters

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Considering I am possibly planning on making someone here a Lifetime Gold Supporter each month, I thought it may be handy to just explain a few things to Gold Supporters. This is just giving them a general understanding of what to expect from being a Gold Supporter. My new idea is to make 13 One Month Gold Supporters every month, that way I am essentially making 13 people Lifetime Supporters as well as those I actually make Lifetime Supporters. So everyone kind of gets a Gold Name :lol:

Just to clarify, I don’t specifically know who I am going to make a Gold Supporter. Nobody should feel left out of or excluded from this, if you don’t happen to get made one by myself. You can activate a PayPal Account simply. And a single month Supporter status is only £1.00. It’s hardly extortion, so please, no hard feelings for those who don’t get the Gold treatment. Everybody here is appreciated by me, I just wanted to clarify that. These actions are purely out of my own generosity, and appreciation to this Site. And also to help the owners out, of my own accord. I have no favourites here, trust me.

The types of Gold Supporters.

• 1. One Month Supporter: Entitles you to be a Gold Supporter for a month. This is what I am currently under.

2. One Year Supporter: Entitles you to be a Gold Supporter for an entire year.

3. Lifetime Supporter: Entitles you to be a Gold Supporter for (25 years in total) Or as stated, a lifetime. Unless you want to come here in your 40’s lol

A list of the ‘features and benefits’ of being a Gold Supporter.

• *Absolutely no advertisements whatsoever*
    *Ability to delete own posts*
    *Addition to Forum Team list*
    *Increased PM storage capacity (100 total PM's)*
    *Ability to toggle on/off 'invisible' user mode (browse without appearing in the 'who's online?' area)*
    *Increased avatar limits (120x120 pixels)*
    *Exclusive secondary-navigation bar containing quick and helpful links throughout the site*
    *Personal gold user-name colour and Premium Membership badge*
    *Personal yourchoice@devilmaycry.org email address*

If those I make Supporters wish to know how to ‘opt’ out, here is how you do so. Or those of you who just want to know.

Note: Premium subscriptions are non-refundable. You can terminate your premium membership whenever you wish by logging into your PayPal account and opting out of our subscription service. You will never be charged again.

Basically you won’t get your money back, but you won’t be charged again after the period of time paid for said Subscription expires. In my case, that’s a lot of £15’s I won’t get back. So if I do make any of you one, and you honestly think you won’t need or want it. Or will eventually leave here, for whatever means in life, please let me know as soon as possible your reasons. I wouldn’t want to spend a lot of money, if it’s not going to be used/appreciated/wanted. I hope those of you understand.

Helpful tips

Here are some helpful tips to Supporters.

• Going invisible -
    Go to your profile page and select to ‘Customise your profile’. Then select -Edit Options- At the top of the screen, it should ask whether you want to use Invisible Mode. Click the button to put a tick through it, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to ‘Save Changes’. You will now appear off-line to members, except Staff members. And members going invisible, can’t see other members going invisible. It doesn’t work like that. Repeat the same actions to disable this option, to return as being online and visible.

Deleting Posts - Simply click -Edit- on one of your posts, and then where -Edit and Save- are, there should also be a button that says ‘Delete’. Click this button, and your post will be deleted. I would also like to notify that you can’t delete your first post in a thread that you yourself create. In other words, you can’t do this, because it would in theory erase the entire thread. So you have no control on deleting threads, just posts.

Anything else you wish to ask or understand about this, come here to do so, and I will try my best to explain.

Thanks ^_^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Nice thread. Hopefully, more people will contribute to the forums. :D

Wish I have a credit card, so that I could contribute some to the forum and become a Gold Supporter.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chaos Master;273345 said:
Nice thread. Hopefully, more people will contribute to the forums. :D

Wish I have a credit card, so that I could contribute some to the forum and become a Gold Supporter.

As stated by this Thread itself, I could always make you one. Remember, the offer is always there, just say the word.

Okay, I also have to explain something else. Something I don't think will get me in trouble, but I'm not sure. It has to be explained and clarified first. If I do get in trouble, I take complete responsibility for my actions. And wish to explain that people followed my own actions, simply under my words. They were not to blame for anything.

For making other members Gold Supporters, I require peoples' passwords. I ask for them via PM, after I have made it clear as to what I need to do to make them a Supporter. However, they always have the choice in whether to trust me or not with their password. I never force them into anything. I never demand they tell me, or become aggressive or wrong in my behaviour.

I know it is wrong to ask someone to do such a thing, as to hand me their password. But I never ever keep the password stored anywhere. Never on my PC, or noted down anywhere. The PM is simply deleted after I have made them a Supporter, and forgotten about easily.

I would just like to make clear that I have made about 12 members here Supporters. Staff are aware I have done so, and I always let them know of this. So hopefully with them knowing (If they didn't already) that I obtain passwords, they won't be mad at me.

If so, I take all the blame.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Vergil'sB*tch;273361 said:
Invisible....I'd love to float around on the forum like that
Being invisible is awesome. I'm invisible on every forum I go on except this one because I don't have the choice. *tear*

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The password thing is not such an issue, if you think about it - you have the option to change your password any time you like. You can even alter it so the one you give to LoD isn't your usual one and then switch back afterwards.

One note about the ability to delete your own posts - don't go mental with this. It is possible to completely destroy a thread by deleting all the posts you have made in it - it becomes nonsensical when you do this and ruins a thread for others so please avoid it.

And don't forget - Staff can ALWAYS see your posts, regardless of whether they are deleted or not so it still pays to think before posting.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Angel;273379 said:
The password thing is not such an issue, if you think about it - you have the option to change your password any time you like. You can even alter it so the one you give to LoD isn't your usual one and then switch back afterwards.

Yeah, that is a brilliant idea :) That way the password you usually use and are use to will still be your password. Great thinking ^^

And I also agree with your comment about deleting all your posts. It could ruin a thread if you delete every single post (Unless it's your own intention I suppose).

And I suppose that's a note of 'be careful what you say'. Just because you can delete them, Staff can see everything still
(Everything) :ninja:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I think what you're doing is really generous, LoD. It helps us out a bunch and you're helping to ensure that we can continue keeping devilmaycry.org "on the air", so to speak.

Just a quick note, though, before I forget: The only reason lifetime subscription states "25 years" is because that is the limit imposed by the forum software. Attempting to enter 26 just results in an error. However, when those 25 are up - and assuming I'm still alive *touches wood* - then I can easily just add another 25 years to your account. :)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
*points* Look at me I'm all gold and shiny!

Just wanted to say thanks to LoD for making this thread. Because of this I've just done the deed myself, as I noticed the discount.

I've wanted to support for a while, but i kept putting off, I know it's silly, but I like to blend into the background and not stand out, so I put off for ages. Even tho i wanted to show my appreciation! What can i say I'm stupid....

Anyway LoD I think what your doing is awesome - you are a credit to these forums. *bows* :)

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ok I'm just getting used to this 'Golden' stuff. The first thing I noticed is that I didn't have a big message saying your PM inbox is full! So yay!

How do you go invisible??? I'm totally gonna lurk around here in the shadows! Mwhahahahaha!!!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
GamblingGambitCloud;273890 said:
LoD doesn't that get expensive for you to make those people Gold Supporters?

Depends really on how well my money is. If it's pay day, which is when I made BlueDevil one, then it's fine. If it's later in the month, then it has to be until my next pay day. So no, not really.

Ebony;274077 said:
How do you go invisible?

• Going invisible -
    Go to your profile page and select to ‘Customise your profile’. Then select -Edit Options- At the top of the screen, it should ask whether you want to use Invisible Mode. Click the button to put a tick through it, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to ‘Save Changes’. You will now appear off-line to members, except Staff members. And members going invisible, can’t see other members going invisible. It doesn’t work like that. Repeat the same actions to disable this option, to return as being online and visible.

@Everyone - Thank you :) I just want to help out here. I want to see other people have these features and privileges :) I know they will go down well. Glad I can be of some use here ^^

Btw, if anyone is thinking/wants to become one, let me know so.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ You can pay monthly, yearly, or once for a lifetime subscription. ;)
And thanks LoD ^_^ I'm gonna go try that now......

Top Bottom