• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A-Force

For or Against?

• For.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Against.

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Force-Team-Replaces-Avengers-for-Secret-Wars

In the words of Ant-Man:

"Is it too late to change the name?"

This is probably the first joke that comes to (everyone's) mind:

I'm sorry... I had to. :frown:

--------------------------------------------------------

In all seriousness though, I'm glad they're doing this. It's past time already. I just hope it doesn't take six films (or more) to get a movie version of these guys.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I am soooooo tired of the entertainment industry treating gay, minority, and female (etc.) characters like they are token or gimmick.

I'm all about representation and diversity in comics, but Marvel is clearly trying too hard as this is just another move based on nonsensical pandering more than anything.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm all about representation and diversity in comics, but Marvel is clearly trying too hard as this is just another move based on nonsensical pandering more than anything.
No more so than teaming up with Attack on Titan... which has absolutely nothing to do with Marvel (other than Deadpool slashing and Spidey swinging at most) in any case.

Edit:

Disney is out to get their hooks into everyone. Their acquisitions of Star Wars and Marvel has made that very clear.

The only reason I approve of this is because this might teach females to fend for themselves, instead of relying on boyfriends and whatnot.

Meg

No more so than having a team-up with Attack on Titan... which has absolutely nothing to do with Marvel (other than Deadpool slashing and Spidey swinging at most) in any case.

Edit:

Marvel is out to get their hooks into everyone. Their acquisitions of Star Wars has made that very clear.

The only reason I approve of this is because this might teach females to fend for themselves, instead of relying on boyfriends and whatnot.
Marvel didn't buy Star Wars. Disney did, and they also on Marvel.

Though it is true Mickey Mouse wants to rule the world...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Though it is true Mickey Mouse wants to rule the world...
Whoops. Yeah, that's what I had meant. Edited.

Yes, Mickey does rule the world unfortunately. I think that's why other countries don't take the U.S. seriously. National TV wastes airtime telling people that it's MM's birthday, for crying out loud.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No more so than teaming up with Attack on Titan... which has absolutely nothing to do with Marvel (other than Deadpool slashing and Spidey swinging at most) in any case.

Edit:

Disney is out to get their hooks into everyone. Their acquisitions of Star Wars and Marvel has made that very clear.

Dude, I have no problem whatsoever with Attack on Titan and Marvel crossing over for a fun what if story. I love both. Can I not just enjoy the novelty and have fun with it? These are two big, immensely popular properties that have nothing to lose on such an endeavor. It is simply fun.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If women need to be taught to stand up for themselves by a bunch of utterly unrealistic, super-powered, overly-sexualised fictional creations then there is something fundamentally wrong with them in the first place.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
If women need to be taught to stand up for themselves by a bunch of utterly unrealistic, super-powered, overly-sexualised fictional creations then there is something fundamentally wrong with them in the first place.
I'd say the same thing about Captain Planet, though. If people need a show to be told to actually clean up after themselves, then it's the same deal.

Both have good intentions, but ultimately fizzle out in the end.

----------------------------------------------------

Edit: To be fair, however, almost every program has a PSA after their runtime so...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Complete tangent but as a kid I adored Captain Planet. Can still remember the theme tune...which is incredibly sad for someone both my age and who hasn't seen the show itself for over 20 years...

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
as of right now i'm against it because it feels like a cheap gimmick to me (and marvel's been doing this for a while so it shouldn't) but i'll give it a shot. if it's written well, then i'm all down for it but, if it's one of those "hey look at us, we REALLY appreciate our female heroes" type of thing, then i'll be less interested. as for the name...no...just...no

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Complete tangent but as a kid I adored Captain Planet. Can still remember the theme tune...which is incredibly sad for someone both my age and who hasn't seen the show itself for over 20 years...
"Captain Planet, he's a hero! Gonna take pollution down to zero!"

I remember it too. I admit to liking that show as a kid.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
where's invisible woman...spider-gwen and rescue are on the poster...rogue 92 is on the poster...not sue storm? the only person in the marvel universe who's both megla intelligentz and is a totes badass with her powers and knows kung fu. if marvel wants to promote badass women in thier books why isn't SHE the leader? she-hulk is awesome too but nowhere near as cool as sue

Top Bottom