• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Fist Full Of Festive Fear

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante stood in the large department store, sweat dripping off his forehead. He observed the many aisles, his eyes seeking the ultimate gift.

"Ahh" he said, his heart racing. Then, his eyes met it. The big cuddly Kyrie bear, atop the highest of shelves. Nero's Christmas present this year.

Only one left in stock.

He dashed on the tile flooring, sprinting to the spot. His eyes fixed on the toy bear. He could almost reach it. No sooner had he felt the overwhelming joy of success, had it been killed by another pair of hands landing firmly on the bear, whisking it away.

"No, WAIT!" Dante screamed, chasing a parent and their kid.

They looked confused. The kid looked more scared, as Dante stood tall above.

"I must have that bear. It's the only gift that a friend of mine wishes to possess. I'll give you anything" he pleaded, mightily.

The parent looked into the eyes of their child, seeing the warm loving affection towards the toy.

"Nothing would be more valuable to me, than the happiness of my child" the parent said, walking away with the bear clutched tightly in their hands.

"Crap, why did I have to leave it so late into Christmas to buy his gift?" Dante said, smacking his head.

Then, he saw it again. The same exact teddy bear, in the hands of another person. Maybe this time he could persuade them to hand it over.

"Excuse me" he said, tapping at the shoulder of the person.

"Yes" said Death.

"Um, I wonder if I could have that teddy bear you are holding?" Dante said, in his nicest voice.

Death raised an eyebrow, and gave Dante a frightful look.

"Most certainly...NOT! This is my teddy bear. This one belongs to my vast teddy bear collection, that lies within my Great Kingdom. So there is your answer" Death replied, purchasing the bear, and leaving.

"Ah... I wonder if Death will hear me coming?" Dante questioned, as he left the store and followed The Grim Reaper.

Mr.Grim wandered for many tiresome hours, until he eventually returned to his Kingdom. "Ah, thank God for that" he said, as he lay slouched across his large throne, his feet up on the side.

Inside his vast Kingdom, there were many trophies. And many collection rooms. He had his teddies, his teapots, his collection of pink things. He had, many things.

Dante crept silently into the Teddy Collection Room, where all of the teddies were held. "Where is it?" he whispered to himself. His gaze came to a halt, towards an empty stand. The stand was engraved, "Here lies Kyrie Bear".

"He hasn't put it on there yet" Dante said in disbelief. Death's footsteps could be heard not far away, and a panic stricken Dante leapt into a pile of teddies. These teddy bears were the discarded bears, that Death no longer needed. Whether they be broken, or he had the bear already in his collection.

Mr.Grim stepped into the room, observing it with his dark red eyes. "Soon you shall sit on your rightful stand" he said to the bear. Waddling over to the stand, he placed the bear upon it, and smiled greatly.

Though, he began to sniff. Because he could smell a certain essence in the room that was not of 'bear'.

The smell was strong and powerful, like some revolting cologne. Death reached out his hand, and brushed away a pile of teddy bears to reveal Dante cowering in fear.

"Ah, I see. Mr.Dante, you came all this way to steal my bear? And you thought you would get away with it?" Death enquired, tapping his skeleton finger on his bony chin.

Dante looked up at the Deathly figure. Kneeling in the presence of Death itself, quite literally.

"I...Yes, there is no lying Mr.Death. I came to steal your bear, and I am very sorry. But there are only a few more minutes until Christmas day, and I didn't get my friend the gift he so mostly wished for" Dante explained, nervously.

Death thought for a moment, and then said, "Come with me".

The two left the room, the Kyrie bear out of Dante's reach now. "Take a look at this" Death informed, pointing at a swirl of colours floating in the air. They formed people, cars, buildings.

"We are watching Christmas day, tomorrow. Nero's apartment. As he unravels his Christmas presents" Death explained, as Dante watched on.

'To Nero. Merry Christmas, from Dante'

"Oh boy, I wondered what he has gotten me this year" Nero said, like a four year old child.

His fingers hastily unwrapped the packaging, a fluffy hand stuck out. Further unwrapping, made a head poke out. And then more unwrapping, revealed the entire gift itself. There before his eyes was the Kyrie bear that he had wanted.

"Yes. Thank you Dante!" Nero said, with joy and glee.

"I don't understand" Dante from the present time said.

"What don't you understand?" Death asked, inquisitively.

"With so little time until Christmas, barely minutes. How am I to get this bear? If you have the last one in the whole area" Dante said, confused.

"You fail to remember, that me and Santa Clause go way back" Death replied, with a smile.

A bright flash of red and gold came spiralling into the air, as a sleigh with reindeer came crashing to a stop just in front of Dante and Death.

"Ho ho ho"... "Wait for the punchline"..."MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" came Santa's baffling voice.

"You there, why the unhappy face? I hear that it is a certain bear that you seek. Am I right in thinking this?" Santa Clause didn't hesitate to ask.

"Yes Mr.Clause" Dante said, growing more cheerful.

Santa smiled, and put his hand behind his back. Dante's eyes grew wider. He had done it, he had got the bear. This was amazing. How simple this all was.

And that's when Santa pulled it out from behind his back, and placed it into Dante's hands. A blaring alarm clock.

Beep beep beep beep beep...

Dante woke in a sweat. It was Christmas Day.

"****!!! It was a ****ing dream" Dante cried out, jumping out of his bed.

He checked the alarm clock to witness the time. It was the same time Nero had opened his Christmas present from Dante. Dante's heart sank.

A few minutes later, Dante heard the phone ring. He jumped out of the shower and answered it. Nero's voice was on the other end.

"Look Nero, I'm really so..." Dante started to say, but Nero's voice cut through his, "Dante, thanks a lot for the bear man. That seriously means a lot to me. You're awesome. Merry Christmas man" he said.

Dante stood still, naked, water dripping from his body. "That's okay man" he replied, more relieved than ever.

"Sorry man. What was it you were saying?" Nero asked. Dante was still standing naked on the other side, Nero oblivious to this.

"I was just going to say. I'm really sorry that I couldn't of seen your face when you opened it. Merry Christmas man" Dante answered, putting the phone down after goodbye.

Then a few moments later, the phone rang again.

Dante had wrapped a towel around him, and he greeted his brother's voice this time.

"Dante, WHERE THE HELL WAS MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT?" Vergil bellowed, he was met with shear silence.

"DEATH, I NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN".

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
:lol: That was a really nice story to read.

If I was Dante I would have DT-ed and stole the bear off the kid in the first place! Mwhahahahaha!!!!

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
Ebony;291857 said:
:lol: That was a really nice story to read.

If I was Dante I would have DT-ed and stole the bear off the kid in the first place! Mwhahahahaha!!!!

Now that was plain evil! I like it:wub:

Top Bottom