• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A bunch of questions I couldn't get answered in the FAQs

Onkel Cannabia

Since I just recently joined this board and I haven't posted too many questions so far, I've collected quite a few and wanna try to get them all answered now. I put them in order of relevance btw.

1. How do you do a 4 or 5 hit DRI properly. I could do a 5 hit DRI easily by feeling, but then I concentrated on what I was actually doing and now I can't do it anymore o_O
It seems to me that you have to DT when you expect the 4th hit to happen, but it doesn't always work this way.

2. I'm trying to get S Ranking on Mission 6, but it never works. Do you have to get on the red dots when playing the dice game to get some more style points? I tried that once, but I still got an A ranking.

On the higher difficulties my main problem is the Boss though. I have no either how to do it without getting hit all the time. The stupid aiming system seems to be way to random. I want a sword to sstop from spinning with snatch but I hit another one, I try it again and fail again and then the sword hits me. I can't take them out with my sword, because until I get there numerous other swords will have started spinning. So either I keep avoiding them forever and never get a hit or I paly aggresive and get hit by the swords permanently.

I started dmc4 on HaH difficulty and so far it was pretty easy, but I haven't eventried mission 6 because of the Agnus' swords.

3. How does the orb ranking at the end of the mission work? Witch orbs count? Only the ones in objects or also the puppets you can beat for blue orbs and the large crystal? Do you have to get all the orbs in a map for 100% or only the ones that are on the way? Because in some missions there are way to many routes you could take to get all red orbs (like the castle missions).

4. Can you counter any other attacks with Buster/Snatch besides the saviors fist, Credo's spear and Echnida's flying attack?

5. Do the blades you shoot with Nero when you're in DT actually do any damage? It seems to me. that they do absolutely 0 Damage.

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
1) DRI is all about timing. If you kinda had it down, you should be able to regularly do it with practice. Just remember to DT(or un dt works both ways) right before (several frames) or right on impact for either hit.
2) I'm not sure what you not getting an S on this level, but I would check a faq to make sure you're getting all red orbs (this level has a couple hidden jems. You need exceed 2 0r 3 to get them.
Tips for angus are: Stay in the middle during electric floor. There's a small platform to stand on. Use Nero's charge shot on any of the flying swords when they look like they are about to strike.
3) Orbs that don't count are health, crystals, and style meters. Make sure to find the hidden orbs. They affect you score.
4) Yes, you can also counter Berial's charge, sword, and cancel any of his moves with a punch to the head or legs. (be careful on the legs) There are also a couple of other action cancels on badies.
5) Yes but its minimal. They work best unleashed with a charge 3 shot.

Top Bottom