Your thoughts on bringing Lucia back in DMC6

Goldsickle

If I remember well, the amulet system only affects your Devil Trigger?
It'd be nice if the amulet also influences regular moves and "loadouts" can be toggled with the D-pad.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't think bringing back Lady and Trish was a bad idea. However they were poorly used since their intro games so i get why some fans are reluctant to bring Lucia back.

Honestly i rather they bring in new blood than fumble around with old characters they don't know what to do with.

windleopard

That's already two too many. The more characters you play as the less the lead actually gets.
Dante still had a large amount of screen time despite having two other leads. It's really not that big a deal.

There is not need for 3 or 5 or so on playable characters. 1 Should've been enough, 2 is pushing it, 3 is a crowd.

Of which we could've gotten rid of most and nobody would've been the wiser. Remove Trish and Lady and the story wouldn't be any different and Morrison hardly contributed to squad. Nico is the only one that has any excuse to be there so she can make arms but the rest of the didn't do anything that was so critical that they had to be there. Make the Artemis and Cavalier plain bosses and what's left for them?

DMC5 is nowhere nearly as large as RE6 was, nor any MG game, to accommodate any large cast and any other RE game at least had the cast contribute in some way, be it to just bite the bullet. These forced cameos offer nothing beyond fan service and they cheapen the characters. Both Trish and Lady were these iconic figures in their respective games and made legitimate impact on the story but there is nothing left of those traits, they have all but nothing to do here and they deserved better than a glorified cameo.
This is a completely different argument from "the game is crowded". I agree on giving Trish and Lady better things to do but they didn't overcrowd the game.

Inherently and intrinsically, no, but this is them getting along and it's nothing.

Welp, here it's not doing them any favors and it's boring.
And how do you know? It isn't like we've actually seen all three women on screen together at once. This is total guess work on your part.

Pick one. Anything would be fine. Work, a fight for the office, a trinket, a philosophical difference of opinion.
Or you could just not bother at all because anything you pick would likely come across as forced, annoying and pointless. Again, Dante and Vergil's rivalry made sense for the situation. Giving Trish, Lucia and Lady a rivalry for the sake of it would do the story and writing no good at all.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Staff
Dante still had a large amount of screen time despite having two other leads. It's really not that big a deal.
DMC is not RE. It doesn't get the budget to accommodate for all those playable characters to each get a complete experience. A large amount of 'screen time' is not a full game. It was bad enough when there were 2 who had the same stages in half a game but now there are 3, each getting less than that. Having more characters sounds good on paper but when you apply it you end up with another DMC4 SE where you have 5 characters and the exact same stages to use them in. It's much easier to get burned out on a character and, by extension, their game when you have so little to do with them.

Also, there aren't 3 leads. Nero is the lead and the other 2 are the guest characters, just like how Vergil and Lucia were in 3 and 2 respectively.

windleopard

DMC is not RE. It doesn't get the budget to accommodate for all those playable characters to each get a complete experience. A large amount of 'screen time' is not a full game. It was bad enough when there were 2 who had the same stages in half a game but now there are 3, each getting less than that. Having more characters sounds good on paper but when you apply it you end up with another DMC4 SE where you have 5 characters and the exact same stages to use them in. It's much easier to get burned out on a character and, by extension, their game when you have so little to do with them.

Also, there aren't 3 leads. Nero is the lead and the other 2 are the guest characters, just like how Vergil and Lucia were in 3 and 2 respectively.
Dante has had four games to himself and a fourth one where he momentarily hi-jacked the plot away from the actual protagonist. And I'm not seeing any large amount of this so called burnout affecting DMC 5 anytime soon. That might be your experience but it doesn't apply to everyone else or even the majority.

A story can have more than one lead. Dante and V are not "guest characters" in 5. Their roles in the plot are far too vital for that. Kratos in Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur is a guest character.

DMC 5 is not DMC 4 special edition. The latter was just an excuse to have Vergil, Lady and Trish as playable characters and a way to guage interest in Classic DMC.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Staff
Dante has had four games to himself and a fourth one where he momentarily hi-jacked the plot away from the actual protagonist.
You're missing the point, completely. It's not about how many games Dante got all to himself, it's about what happens when you split a game to a whole lot of characters and you can't accommodate them, as was the case with DMC4SE. As much as it pains me to say DMC4 would've been better if it had been focused on either Nero or Dante, not both. Instead we have Nero, who's left with an anemic combat system, and Dante, who gets no stages of his own.

And I'm not seeing any large amount of this so called burnout affecting DMC 5 anytime soon.
I'm not saying that people got burned out in 5 I'm saying that it's easier to do so when you stuff a whole lot of characters on so few stages, as it happened with DMC4SE, which people have been burned out on since, of which people have said so here. If that's not enough evidence look at the decline of videos relating to DMC4 after it's release. Yeah, at first people worked the game, but the decline of works related to it diminished exponentially faster than the standard edition of 4. it's especially bad with Vergil who you have to basically play the game twice in one go.

Now, imagine what will happen when DMC5SE comes out and none of the new characters get their own stages. Let's say that it's Vergil, Trish, Lady and possibly Lucia. Are all these stages still going to be as fresh? In that same vein, constantly adding more characters doesn't automatically make the game better. In fact, it just thins the experience splitting focus around too many characters. It would be better to focus on one character and build mechanics, enemies and combat.

Dante and V are not "guest characters" in 5.
Side characters, then, because leads get just as much focus. Leads get equal split which is not the case here. Nero has the most stages, first and last, he's front and center to everything, including game cover, his face on the front of the soundtrack, he's front and largest on the light novel cover and he's the first person you see in the game menu while the other two show up later on and are tiny, tiny, by comparison.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
My pitch for a Nero-centered game would be to take a page out of Marvel's Defenders and have him team up with 2 or 3 new characters. We could sneak Lucia in because she's never met Nero before.

Gameplay-wise Nero's toolkit isn't that huge so its easier to keep track of everything. Storywise I don't like Nero that much and I rather have the option to not play as him.

I'm still thinking a potential DMC2 remake is the best choice for her. To me, she's a striking design and little else so redoing her first impression might help her. It's not essential as you would just find something new for her to do in 6 anyway.

Last edited: