• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Win a copy of the Devil May Cry HD Collection game (Xbox 360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
Hi guys and gals,

We're rolling out our first big contest and allowing three members the chance to win a copy of the Devil May Cry HD Collection game for the Xbox 360. Make your way over to the other thread if you want to win the .

You must be registered to view image attachments

In order to be entered into the contest, you need only complete ONE of the following tasks:
  • Submit your best drawing of Dante and Vergil performing a high five.
  • Share your wittiest Devil May Cry-themed joke.
  • Pitch your ideas for what you believe would make for the perfect villain for a future Devil May Cry game. The more details the better.
You can only attempt one of the three, I'm afraid, as we don't want the contest to end with one person scoring two or more of the three prizes. Please give it some thought before committing yourself to, say, drafting up a joke when, really, your skills are more suited to arty stuff. Simply respond to this thread with your submission and you'll be entered into the contest. Feel free to revise your entry as many times as you like by editing your original post.

When the competition has come to a close on March 20th at 10:00am GMT, us staffers will vote for our top favourite entries amongst each category, and I'll get in touch with Capcom in order to organize the delivery of the copies to the three winners. At present, there are no restrictions on where we'll ship to, so feel free to join in even if you're living on the moon.*

Here's a quick list of things that'll earn you a disqualification. Please read through them, understand them, memorize them and follow them:
  • Attempting to win both an Xbox 360 and PS3 copy of the game will mean you forfeit your chances of winning either. Enter one competition and don't be greedy.
  • If we find evidence of users creating and entering multiple accounts into the contest (we have the tools to do so).
  • If we suspect foul play in the slightest, we reserve the right to remove you from the competition.
The awesome folks over at Capcom helped make this possible, ladies and gents. Major kudos to Capcom's UK PR Manager, Adam Merrett, for giving the go-ahead, too.

If you'd like to support us, please consider " " our Facebook page. Cheers!

*You can't join in if you're living on the moon.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
is there a ps3 version tho?

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
Yup.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Reaction score
What's the closing date on these?

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Reaction score
How would you like entries to be submitted this time around?

Are we just going to post them in a thread, or would you rather we sent them all private-like to you or another staff member's loving arms?

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
How would you like entries to be submitted this time around?

Are we just going to post them in a thread, or would you rather we sent them all private-like to you or another staff member's loving arms?
Post 'em in this thread, please!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
Definitely gonna do the drawing!

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Reaction score
What did dante say when he saw the end of the rainbow?
"Jackpot"
Yeah i suck :3
Which renaissance figure besides alighieri is most like Dante
Michaelangelo (Ninja turtles reference (hero turtles if you are from england))
Still terrible
And now for my grand finally
*Insert witty joke about dante here*

Ok now where is my prize, oh and ps
WE ARE IN ONE OF THE FIRST EVER CONTEST FOR DMC HD :D

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Reaction score
Oh, it's on!
I'm hyped!
One question: Do we post the entries in this thread or in a private message?
Oh, and I've told someone I know about this competition and he got really hyped, so I guess he'll make an entry for the PS3 contest. Both of us can enter the contest even though we live in the same country&city, right?

I think you should open an FAQ & questions thread, that would be much more convenient :p .

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Reaction score
The perfect Devil May Cry villain? I think I can probably manage that:

EREBUS

RACE: Fallen Angel

BIO: a servent of Mundus that was always envious of Sparda's power. He consumed weaker demons to absorb their power. He gathererd every Devil Arm he could find. He forged a sword that was identical to Sparda's own weapon. He mastered every technique Sparda knew and a thousand he didn't. He should have crushed Sparda with ease but he didn't. No matter how strong he became he just couldn't win. Then Sparda betrayed Mundus to protect humanity. Erebus had what he wanted. He became Mundus' strongest general but it was meaningless. He still couldn't defeat Sparda. Mundus' entire army was not enough. Erebus decided that if he couldn't kill Sparda he would make Sparda's life not worth living. Thousands of humans died at Erebus' hand. He hunted down any demon that even considered joining Sparda, but Sparda sill won. Mundus was defeated. The Temen-ni-gru was sealed. For two thousand years Erebus trained and grew even stronger. For two thousand years he waited for his chance at revenge. The seal binding Mundus broke and Erebus was finally able to return to the human world to hunt down Sparda. He never found him. Sparda had died while Erebus waited on the other side of the seal but one of Mundus' other servants discoved that Sparda had a human wife and twin sons. When Mundus decided that they had to die Erebus was the one sent to end it. Sparda's wife died at the end of his blade. Now all that Erebus had left to do was to kill two half demons and his victory would be complete.

APPEARANCE: humanoid roughly seven feet tall completely covered in black armor with a large number of small twisted spikes on the arms and legs and large curved spikes at the shoulders and elbows. There are two large upward curved horns on his helmet he carries a black sword that looks like a distorted version of Sparda's sword. It can turn into a spear,a scythe and a spiked chain.

ABILITIES:
Four hit combo: four slow slashes
Six hit combo: six very fast slashes
Stinger: dashes forward and stabs with the spear form
Conquest: dashes forward and slashes twice with the scyth form hitting everything around him
Uppercut: slashes upward knocking the target into the air
Air combo: slash three times while in the air
Helm Breaker:
Impail: pulls distant targets to Erebus with the chain form
Teleport: Erebus teleports to a random location in the area
Shadow step: teleports behind the target
Guard: blocks an attack
Counter: a single powerful slash after blocking an attack with Guard
Summoned Swords:
Spiral Swords:
Sword Storm:
Blistering Swords:

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
One question: Do we post the entries in this thread or in a private message?
Post 'em in this thread, please!

Both of us can enter the contest even though we live in the same country&city, right?
Sure, that's no problem. :)

mrrandomlulz

Reaction score
I decided to go for the high five drawing. I drew it all up in photoshop. Well, it's synonymous with a high five... and it's also kind of a cartoon. Close enough. I'm proud of this one. :troll:

You must be registered for see images
for that bro fist you get a bro hoof /]*[\

mrrandomlulz

Reaction score
What did dante say when he saw the end of the rainbow?
"Jackpot"
Yeah i suck :3
Which renaissance figure besides alighieri is most like Dante
Michaelangelo
Still terrible
And now for my grand finally
*Insert witty joke about dante here*

Ok now where is my prize, oh and ps
WE ARE IN ONE OF THE FIRST EVER CONTEST FOR DMC HD :D
ooh I came up with another
What line will i blatantly and unoriginally copy from Dante after I win this contest ?
Jackpot

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Reaction score
^Just to clarify but is one of those actually an entry or one of your usual well-intended trolling attacks? :p

The Falkon

HeroOfCrapsalot on PEGO
Reaction score
Perfect Villain: A demon who's convinced he's Jesus. Uses Jesus-like powers and makes terrible religious puns.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers Steve :)
I've got 2 more questions :p
1. Who is going to judge?
2. Are the X360 copies NTSC copies or PAL copies? Or is this game region free?

Status
Not open for further replies.