• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Win a copy of the Devil May Cry HD Collection game (PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Reaction score
after that submission of the picture, my chances have decreased hahahaha

Dont lose hope GamblingGambitCloud! 8D Do as your name dictates! -Dramatic pose.- Gamble! 8D And just submit submit submit! -Does a Capatain Morgan pose?- Because if ya don't, them devils of hesitation will eat away at ya, Skippy.

You must be registered for see images

I wanted a more "realistic" approach to this submission

Message me if you need the actual photobucket link

This actually looks pretty cool. o.o There's a certain depth to it that makes it...I dunno. -can't find the words.-

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Reaction score
yeah that's kinda what i was going for...i just hope it's not too dark for the judges...it's hard to see when you're in a really bright room and there's a glare, but if it's a darker environment, the colors really pop

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Reaction score
Yeah, I see what you did there. And you're right. When you're in a bright room, it's dark. Kind of just like silhouettes, but when it's a bit darker, you can see the colors just fine. -was looking at it in a darker room yesterday, could make out the coats' colors. Looking at it while the sun is up now, not so much.- Although when it's dark...around Vergil, you can see an aura like effect. 8D I think that a pretty cool effect.

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
Roughly a week left before the contest closes, people! Get those submissions in, pronto!

Brittlechips

Reaction score
The next Villain
(please read!!)

Since in Devil May Cry 2 Dante sealed the gates, in a new devil may cry the Gates should be broken open again and the bad ass adventure will start all over. But this time a shadowy demon has broken open the gates. Dante persues this demon and when he finally comes face to face with this demon, he realizes it is his father, Sparda (human form). Sparda starts messing with his mind saying that he has always been watching Dante and is proud of how powerful he has become and wants him to join him. Sparda says that sealing away the netherworld was a mistake and he is trying to fix it and become ruler of both worlds. In order to become almighty, Sparda must regain his sword, that he poured all of his energy into to seal the world away, and both halves of the amulet so regain his full power. Dante refues, and Sparda injuries Dante quickly to make an escape and take his amulet, but doesn't kill him hoping that Dante will change his mind. Sparda eventually gets the sword, captures trish, takes the other half of the amulet, and starts to regain power. Dante interrupts his transformation into devil form by stabbing him with Sparda's own sword. By doing so, Dante realizes that it is not actually his father Sparda, But, it is Arkham's dark spirit that took Sparda's form to trick Dante. Arkham has a lot of sparda's power and can turn into Sparda's devil form for a short burst of time. Dante and Sparda have an epic battle but are evenly matched. Trish finally breaks free to assist Dante and kill Arkham for good. Even though the amulet and sword is the last of his mother and father, and the sword is the last of his father, they use them to seal the gate back up and then destroy them for good so the gate can never be open again.

Sephiroxas

|Photoshop Guru|
Premium
Reaction score
Working on mine, it's almost done I promise. >.< I gatta color it!

Dante47

Reaction score
Can't wait to see some of these drawings. It should be cool to see the turn out.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reaction score
Roughly a week left before the contest closes, people! Get those submissions in, pronto!

I really shouldn't but I just couldn't help myself:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I posted it on the 360 thread and it should've stayed there but like I said, I just can't help myself....:devil:

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Reaction score
Hi this is something i came up with for a villain in devil may cry hope you enjoy it:

Human name: Bastion
Weapon: Sword named Gluttony
Powers:1.Rapid regeneration, he can survive almost all attacks without so much as a flinch
2. his body is able to shift from gooey to solid in an instant. allowing him to shapeshift into any appearance he requires, he can take in his blade gluttony and send it out. example it goes up into him and out his mouth
3. Consumption: every time he kills someone, demon or human, he gains their powers and skills as well as a power boost. for example if he eats a marksman he gains his the ability to shoot with erfect accuracy. if he eats a demon that can breathe fire, he can breath fire.

(obligatory) BackStory:
Like Danta Beelzebub's father was a demon. unlike dante his father wasn't the kind of demon you wouldnt mind having a drink with. no, his father was a demon with a taste for human flesh. After attacking a temple his nameless father raped one of the priestesses. She became pregnant, and much to her contempt, gave birth to Beelzebub a gruelling 13 months later. She named him Beelzebub after the demon of gluttony out of pure spite and tries to raise the poor boy. however at age 5 young Beel's demon nature began to appear. he began to hurt animals for fun beat up other children for the sake of it and his actions kept becoming more violent. Eventually his mother could take no more and tries to drown him while he was taking a bath. however he was simply too strong and while he struggled out of her grip he sent his mother flying against a wall. Fatally wounding her from blunt force trauma. confused and angry he tried to talk to his mother asking her why she did what she did. Coughing blood she tells him the truth of his origins, how he is the child of a monster and how he is an evil reminder she wishes never existed. then in a last effort to end him, she pulls out a knife from her dress and stabs him in the eye.

Beelzebub awakens hour later in an orphanage. he is told they found him passed out in the bathroom with a by his head. the Councillor remarks at how lucky he was that his mother seemed to have missed and merely knocked him on the head with the hilt. unconvinced, while in the privacy of his room, he tries cutting himself. to his horror he finds that the wounds heal instantly. Confirming his mothers tale altering his view of the world forever.

In an attempt to allow Beel to reconnect with the world the Councillor renames him Bastion. however it proves pointless. Beel remained isolated from the other children who seemed to sense the darkness in him. alone he tries to connect with the Councillor who takes a father like role in his life. Age 8 he was caught killing the pets of people in the neighbourhood with stolen knives.Age 11 he began to lure the other children to dark places and played cruel tricks on them that often got them hurt. Age 14 Beel remained in the orphanage. his violent impulses becoming stronger, he begins to enjoy scaring the other children and adults alike by slitting his throat in front of them and letting them see his skin knit back together. all the while the Councillor was with him helpng him to stem the consequences and rumours to a mere foolish rant Of course no one believes his victims. who ever heard of an immortal boy? Demons where but a relic of the past, besides he had a human mother so he couldnt be a demon. this lasted for about a month before people began to question whether or not he was a real human after all.

Fortunately for Beel the Councillor remained strongly at his side, always giving him support and defending him from the violent mobs that seemed to appear daily. The Councillor's influence helped Beel, until he gained confidence enough to tell him the truth. showing him how he healed from everything and the dark truth of his father was a break through for Beel. the Councillor seemed to accept who he was and patted him on the shoulder saying "Were all a little special". Beel felt relived, perhaps he could be human, maybe he wasn't a monster.

then the next day, Beel was retuning to the orphanage when he was ambushed by a group of men in hoods. they drugged him so his body wouldnt move and dragged him to an altar outside the orphanage. there the entire town was gathered in hoods. Chanting some omnious song that sent shivers down his spine with every syllable. they tied him too a rock and stripped him bare. for hours he was left there, as their song became louder and louder. finally at dusk a lone hooded figure stepped forward brandishing a large, cruel blade. the blade was single sided and had a jagged edge. the handle was twisted. Symbols on the blade glowed dully. Beel understood little but knew enough that it could kill him. he just knew.
He stood infront of Beel an gently placed the tip up against his chest. right infront of his heart. a trickle of blood rolled down Beel's chest his, face hidden by the shadows of the fading sun. another man dressed in a white robes walked ahead of him and turned to face the crowd. . " Behold even demons bleed,tonight we shall be free from this devils lies and sleep safe once again". the man laughed an insane laugh. he then turned and cried out "Oh Brother, end this monster and save us from his dark might. then the man plunged the blade into Beel's heart. blood gushed everywhere like a fountain. pain arced through his entire body. the symbold on the blade glowed brighter as if they were enjoying the taste of his flesh. he shut is eyes in the agony and screamed, he wasn't healing. the pain grew and every micro second lasted an eternity. he briefly opened his eyes and saw his killers face. it was the Councillor, the man he trusted, who said he understood, who gave him comfort. he was now tearing through his heart. in more ways than one. Beels stared into the eyes of his once trusted "friend". all he saw was contempt and hatred. this gave birth to a seathing hatred that was unlike anything he felt before. it burned through him, fighting off his pain. it wrapped around him like a dark shoud. then it spoke " Soo, your heart hurts does it who needs a heart?" it asked. "it is weak, and only causes pain. so why do you keep it?" when Beel found no answer it seemed to sneer "You see, im right arent I?" Beel liked this voice what he said rang true. " Now get rid of it. Your a monster and monsters DONT NEED HEARTS!"

Beel screamed, willing the darkness to spread out of him. his flesh acted on their own tendrils tore at his "friend" and wrapped around the sword, pulling it out of his chest with ease. he broke out of his chains like they were made of paper and stepped forward allowing himself to become the darkness. Beel began to grow, tall but not too big. he wanted to be fast so his legs became supple. he wanted strength so his skin became scales of iron. he wanted to kill so his teeth became blades and their "oh so holy" sword became his arm. it now glowed hungrily and happily anticipating the feast it would soon recive. the humans were screaming, running away in fear like the cowards they were. he smiled and charged at the man in white tearing him apart with sword and tooth. he felt strength flood through him as he killed and he leapt to the next meal.

by dawn the town was empty. he didn't want to waste his food. not when every bite made his faster. every mouthful strength and every meal power he could hear his victems in his head, screaming in pain as he consumed their very souls. "let them rot" his darkness sneered. He touches his chest where his sword was plunged into him, to discover a hole. "monsters don't need hearts" he smiled and laughed. his laughter echoing through the town like a terrible wail

years later while searching for his father he finds out that he was killed by a certain devil hunter. intending to kill the hunter to gain more power, he discovers that like him he is also half demon. (no points for guessing its dante) to his anger he finds that unlike him, dante is loved by everyone he meets. people dont flee from him. even those who know what he really is. Why? WHY WHY? "Curse Dante for being loved" his darkness screamed. "Curse humanity for hating him. Curse them for their injustice. Curse the demons for making what he was CURSE THEM ALL! They'll see, he'll eat them, ket them rot inside him. Then everything will be right. He is superior. He is the right. He will KILL THEM ALL!"

Story in game:

i was thinking a sort of personal attack on Dante. Beelzebub attacks someone Dante knows or frames him for a crime. inviting Dante to confront him as Beelzebub tries to open the gated of the demon world to allow humanity and demons to clash so he can consume them all. Dante naturally confronts him and fights him in his cool manner we all know so well. the fight doesnt pan out so well though. Beelzebub is just too fast, his sword too heavy. this is'nt right. then Dante realises Beelzebubs' half human. but too late. he is consumed by Beelzebub.

Of course Dante doesn't die. but he is in another dimension inside Beelzebub where they are consumed. there Dante fights his way out of Beelzebubs' inner sub conscience seven levels (get it :) ). at each he finds out a little about his opponents back story. eventually Dante escapes and emerges form Beelebubs' in a gory explosion. after reforming Beelebub laughs at Dante's efforts but commends him for escaping. then he tells him that this time he wont. Dante remains silent. now looking at Beelebub differently. seeing himself in his opponent and feeling empathy and pity for him. these emotions seem to ring inside Dante awakening a new source of power.

The two fight but this time Beelzebub is'nt as fast, his attacks aren't as heavy. at first Dante thinks Beelzebub is holding back for some reason but realises its the opposite. Dante is the one who is faster, he is the one who is stronger. The two fight some more but Dante runs Beelzebub through with Rebellion. Red power arcs through his sword causing great damage to Beelzebub and rendering him unable to regenerate. Dante tells Beelzebub with Ebony pointed at Beelzebubs head. Beelzebub laughs ,coughing up blood, at how Dante much be so much darker than him that he can't even imagine if his hatred out did his own. Dante tells him quietly that it is'nt hatred he feels towards him nor anger but saddness and sympathy.Sensing the truth in Dante's words and finding that he is no longer alone Beelzebub sheds a single tear and tells Dante to finish him. "Before the Darkness returns". Dante shoots him and ends his opponent.

A couple days later the public and media are celebrating Beel's end. When Trish asks why Dante doesn't come forward and take the credit. Dante shoos her off remarking there is nothing that deserves praise in what he did. the Game ends with the image of Dante at a graveyard. Gluttony is next to the head which reads: "here lies Bastion. A devil who cried"

Final Words:
i see Beel as a reality Dante could have become if cricumstances were different. e.g. his mother didn't love him or if he grew up to hate humanity rather than sympathise with it or something upon those lines. i really enjoyed coming up with the character and hope you liked it

slenon44

Screw it, just your average man-suit
Reaction score
Brutus & Cassius

Background:
Once proud and trusted allies of Dante's father whose powers were matched by only Sparda himself, Brutus and Cassius betrayed the Legendary Dark Knight when he chose to rebel against the entire Underworld. Defeated, they were cast back to Hell by Sparda, who chose to spare their lives instead for reasons still unknown to them.

Now, fueled by humiliation and wrath, the two demons escaped Hell and now roam again in search of revenge; and Dante.

Scene:
When they finally encounter Dante, Cassius reveals their motives. Their true Devil Arms were taken away by Sparda when he defeated them, further infuriating them. Weaponless, Brutus adds that it forced them to fight like savages, crafting themselves new Devil Arms to show for it by using remains from demons they have slain, implying revenge isn't the only reason they're after him. Dante, uninterested and without a word, walks away.

Reminiscent of Sparda's eerily similar reaction when he was confronted with their betrayal, Cassius, in a blind rage, attempts to deliver the first strike. Dante blocks the attack just before Cassius could land the attack, calls them both idiots and the battle finally ensues.

Battle:

At first, Dante will only be fighting Cassius as Brutus, with arms crossed, overlooks the fight. Randomly throughout the battle however Brutus and Cassius will switch places; Brutus will try to deliver a surprise blow to the player as Cassius steps back to observe the battle and vise versa.

Both demons wield a pair of spathas used mainly as sub-weapons, with Brutus hinting in-battle these were modeled after their original devil arms which they used against his father. Cassius fights with an aerial combat style that focuses on kick combos while Brutus fights firmly on the ground with deadly punches; requiring players to quickly change-up their strategies.

Once either Brutus or Cassius have their health below 50%, both will now simultaneously attack Dante. When both are below 50% their spathas will break, forcing them to rely solely on melee attacks and begin switching in-and-out of their Devil-Trigger. Brutus will now focus on stronger versions of his punching moves and Cassius will attack with an even greater flurry of kicks. They will continue this berserk onslaught on Dante until they are defeated.

Defeating Brutus and Cassius gives Dante:

Brutus:
A pair of myrmex. Battle gloves crafted with the bones of legendary demons slain by Brutus.

Cassius:
A pair of greaves. Plated leg-armor made from the bones of legendary demons slain by Cassius.

Using the set of Brutus and Cassius has 2 modes which players can switch to and from on the fly:

In Brutal mode: Dante attacks using an array of lethal haymakers to score huge damage. Focuses primarily on punch techniques, unleashing all Hell and effective ground moves. Great for old school fans of Ifrit/Beowulf and for newcomers who missed out on the previous games.

In Burst mode: Dante attacks using a wide range of swift kicks to rack up damage. Focuses primarily on speedy kick combos, piling up style points, juggling ****ed off enemies and maintaining effective aerial combat. Great way to introduce melee combat for Ninja Theory's investment on aerial combat.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
These are my entries for the villians section

1. Mr. arthur-

A telephatic man who thought it was his mission to wipeout demonkind from the face of the earth. He's not religious or demonically posessed. He is just a guy who abused his powers to get rich and now that he is dying, he decided to go kill demons in order to have something noble to be remembered by. Pretty much, after DMC3, the world knew off that demons where real and that changed the game as people where trying to figure out how to live their lives now. Some wanted to make peace with them, others wanted to kill them for just looking different.

He heads up an NGo devoted to the extinction of demon kind. He has no particular beef with demonkind, just a digust at their non-human characteristics.

Dante and lady are against them because they believe that not all demons are evil and have met demons who are peaceful even if they are few and far between.

Trish is against him on mundus's orders as letting someone wanting to kill demons genocidially, all at once, walking around is bad for pR and even the prince of darkness needs to watch his six.

This takes place before DMC1.

Status
Not open for further replies.