• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Win a copy of the Devil May Cry HD Collection game (PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Reaction score
How many more days left do I have to post? I won't be able to scan my drawing until this weekend? Will that be soon enough?

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Reaction score
Same here I wanna win. @[email protected] I also never win in things like these but trying never hurts. Sure it's a bunch of...sleepless nights but definitely worth it when you read or look at your work'o'art. 8D

Dante47

Reaction score
Man, all I can do now is WAIT!!!!

I think Tony has already beat me, his post has way more likes than mine.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reaction score
irrelevant. if understand the rules correctly it's going to be Capcom-U and the administrators here who dertirmine the winners of each by vote, not by the likes the members here put up on said posts.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reaction score
There you go, it's not the number of likes you get but how much the judges like your post so don't stress.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Reaction score
Yeah~ like this we all have an equal chance of winning. xD Lady Luck, I hope she comes in handy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm still not cancelling my recervation.:D

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
if understand the rules correctly it's going to be Capcom-U and the administrators here who dertirmine the winners of each by vote, not by the likes the members here put up on said posts.
It'll just be us whom decide the winners. Capcom have been very generous in allowing us total creative control for our competitions.

OniLink

Hero of Time
Reaction score
Well it's just awesome to see all of the great ideas fans have. Hey, maybe one day we will see one of these bosses in a future game. I have high hopes for Tony_Redgrave's entry, that is a great story

freakinsweet77

Reaction score
Villain Submission

It's a little long but I promise it's worth it! XD

Here’s a little background information before I get into the details about the villain. At the end of the original Devil May Cry Mundus is defeated by Dante and proceeds to tell him that one day he will return and “rule this world.” Dante responds by saying to him, “And when you do come back, give my regards to my son, will ya?” And thus Mundus fades away and is contained in (until this point) an unknown area of the underworld, surely as everyone knows. Several years later, Mundus aims to do just that and more. Dante’s son, Daimon Ichthys, meaning “Demon Savior,” was born and has grown to follow closely in his father’s footsteps. Daimon is a skilled swordsman and as his father, the blood of Sparda runs through his veins. He wields a sword that was supposedly handcrafted and left by one who he can only assume was his father, called Uprising. However, Daimon is still unaware of who his father is, the power he truly possesses, or the fate that awaits him as the grandson of Sparda. Through constant effort Mundus finally discovered a way to break the bond that has held back him for so many years. To his dismay, the only way for him to return to the human world is to be reborn, or reincarnated if you will, in his most basic, although still powerful form. Despite this Mundus is willing to follow through with it, as it is his only way to exact revenge on Dante through the destruction of his son. And so, Mundus steps through the portal, and is reborn as Olethron, the being of destruction.

There will be three separate occasions in which Daimon will battle Olethron in his multiple forms; once very early on, once approximately half way through the timeline of events, and once during the final sequence of the story.

Olethron (Rebirth)

In his most basic form, or rebirth form, Olethron is still not to be taken lightly. His power exceeds that of what Daimon has unlocked from within himself at this point. In the scene in which the two first meet, a flash of light is seen by Daimon a short distance from where he is riding his motorcycle, with nothing but his sword and guns by his side. Immediately he goes to investigate what it was and upon his arrival at the now partially destroyed, but still intact abandoned building discovers what looks like a baby lying amongst a pile of rubble, clinging to its life. As Daimon approaches, another flash of light appears and blows him back with a force unlike any he has ever felt before. The baby rises out of the debris into the air above him, with a massive slice that is draining no blood, existing across his forehead, speaking to Daimon although not opening his mouth. The baby introduces himself by saying, “I am Olethron, being of destruction, conqueror of your world Daimon, son of Dante, bane of my existence.” Daimon is of course completely taken aback in many ways by these occurrences, but is most perplexed by the revealing of his father’s name. With that statement, the first fight begins.

Olethron Battle (Rebirth)

In this battle Olethron’s abilities include firing a powerful beam from his hands, flying to reach the same altitude as Daimon, creating a blast of energy that pushes Daimon away, and igniting the floor with a fatal burst of energy, instantly killing Daimon upon contact.

In this battle Daimon’s only true objective is to survive. Upon approaching Olethron and striking only once a massive force pushes Daimon back against a surrounding wall (or what is left of it as the building is partially destroyed). After a set amount of time Olethron will ignite the floor with an explosion of energy, which will kill Daimon if he makes contact with it. So the idea is to head for the stairs. The building is a sort of tower, and with holes in the floor Olethron can simply fly up to be at the same level. With each floor Daimon goes to Olethron has another small eerie comment, such as, “accept who you are,” or, “you cannot escape your fate.” Once Olethron follows all the way to the roof, a cutscene begins. Olethron begins to speak of Dante, and goes on about how with him out of the picture, (although at this time Dante’s disappearance is unexplained) all that stands in his way of conquering the world is his son. Daimon then asks “Who the hell is Dante, and what’s he have to do with me?” Olethron then reveals the truth and says, “Foolish boy, you truly know nothing of yourself.” The camera cuts to Olethron and he shows emotion for the first time as a small smirk comes across his face, then he says, “Dante is your father, and within your body flows the blood of The Legendary Dark Knight, Sparda!” Daimon had only heard the tales of Sparda, and did not believe they could’ve been true. He still did not believe it and tried to fight back. Now it shifts back into gameplay and Olethron lifts Daimon up into the air while saying, “If you refuse to accept it, I’ll have to force it out of you!” A sequence begins in which the player has to repeatedly tap the L1/LB button. With each tapping Daimon’s resistance grows a little stronger, and a new form begins to come over him just a little more. At the end, Olethron’s hold is shattered and Daimon is crouched on the ground with a red aura surrounding him. As he rises he feels power coursing through himself, and feels as though it has always been there, but was never released. Olethron then says, “This is your true state, the state of a Devil, just like your father.” Once again he smirks and flies a little higher. “Within you lies the heart of a demon; and that is a truth you will never escape.” While flying away he continues, “Soon we will cross paths once again, and you will see my true power as well.”

That ends the first sequence and unlocks Daimon’s Devil Trigger ability.

Olethron (Growth)

The next meeting between Daimon and Olethron does not occur by chance. Daimon has gotten far more skilled at utilizing his demonic powers and goes searching for Olethron. Before this encounter Daimon has climbed to the bottom of a crater deeper than any other in existence, through caves, drop-offs, and countless battles. With the final jump he knows what he’ll be facing, as Olethron is awaiting him down that very crevasse. He leaps, and the scene begins. At this point Olethron has advanced to his second form or Growth Form, to have an appearance of a human of possibly 16 years old and Daimon is stunned by it. Olethron is standing with his back facing Daimon, with a blade in hand, hung over his shoulder. They have delved so deep into the world that there is a small flow of lava surrounding them. Olethron turns and says, “With each passing minute my power returns to me; I can feel it nearing completion.” He begins walking toward Daimon, and continues to say, “I truly do hope you get to see my kingdom in its full glory before your inevitable demise.” Daimon draws his sword and says, “Sorry to tell you, but your kingdom is in the fourth act, and the curtain is about to fall early on your play.” Olethron laughs and responds by saying, “You truly are just like your father; it’s only too bad for you that your life has to end before his.” Then the screen cuts out, and the second battle begins.

Olethron Battle 2 (Growth)

In this fight Olethron’s abilities include utilization of his sword, creation of an energy beam from his hands, and teleportation.

This battle plays out like a classic duel, in which the goal is this time, to win. Olethron is on ground level with Daimon, and fights with a similar style. At the beginning Olethron is walking forward slowly and upon being approached, lunges forward with his sword. Each strike does heavy damage, so being hit by this first attack cannot be allowed. The only way to avoid this swing is to swing back at the same time. Olethron and Daimon lock swords and the camera zooms in on them, as they exchange a small conversation about each other’s demise. From this point the fight carries on normally, as a sword fight between the two. After being dealt a set amount of damage Olethron teleports to the center of the room and begins firing a beam of energy from his hands. The only strategy to avoid this is to jump or run out of the way until Olethron finishes and leaves himself vulnerable for a moment. This happens four times throughout the fight. At the end, Olethron teleports back over to where he was when the fight started, and begins walking slowly once again. He repeats his action from the beginning, and Olethron and Daimon must go into a sword lock for the fight to end, as when they do Olethron is breathing heavily and says, “D-Da-Dante…?” Then the screen cuts out, and the battle is over. Olethron’s statement shows that Daimon’s power is beginning to reach that of his father’s. In the cutscene following the fight, both Olethron and Daimon are hunched over, with their swords lying lazily in their hands while they pant and Olethron whispers, “No, it cannot be. You cannot defeat me. I am the destined ruler of this world. I need more time…” Olethron then teleports up a level in the trench and says, “Daimon, I know you can feel it, the end is nigh. Soon enough you will see the destruction of all you’ve ever known, and you, along with all other pathetic beings on this world, will beg for mercy.” Olethron then teleports out of sight, and the scene is over.

Olethron (Complete)

In his third form, or Complete Form, Olethron has begun to create what he calls his “Kingdom” in the sky above. In order to reach it, Daimon has undergone many hardships, including massive battles and a treacherous climb through the clouds leading up to the castle. In this form Olethron has the appearance of a fully grown adult, and has a slight golden aura surrounding his body. Daimon approaches Olethron, seated at an organ playing music that seemingly feeds the fire in the orb within the instrument’s pipes. As this fire grows, so does Olethron’s Kingdom. No time is wasted in this scene, as Olethron has enraged Daimon to the point where he cannot control his anger entirely. Daimon runs with full force at Olethron’s back ready to eliminate him with a horizontal swing of his blade. He bursts into his Devil State, in a more powerful form than ever before, and just as his sword is about to meet Olethron’s body, Olethron blocks the attack with his own newly enhanced sword. Olethron says, “I’m glad you could make it, I didn’t want the show to end without you. As we speak…” Olethron teleports away and continues, “…the world as you know it is being engulfed by my Kingdom, and nothing can be done to stop it.” Daimon responds with, “I will never bow to the likes of a False King like you. You will fall to me, just as you did to my father.” Now the first phase of the final fight begins.

Olethron Final Battle (Complete, Ultimate, and Demise Forms)

This fight plays out in a similar manner to the fight against Olethron’s Growth Form. It is a one on one duel in a large circular grand hall of the castle, each wielding a sword. The difference is that during this particular fight Daimon is granted an unlimited DT. This fight is fast paced, but Olethron often does not seem to be able to be hit, as he deflects Daimon’s sword attacks with his own sword, and raises a force around himself to guard against gunshots. He has to be attacked when he is vulnerable or lets his guard down. After swinging at him a number of times a blade lock will occur, (similar to in the Growth fight) and afterwards Olethron’s sword will be flung from his grasp. He then will teleport to where his sword lands, and for a few seconds while drawing the sword he leaves himself exposed to be struck by a long combo of strikes. Another opportunity to attack him occurs at various times during the fight, when Olethron teleports up beside the orb on his organ, places his hand on it and speak of its power. At this time he is left vulnerable to multiple gunshots. When Olethron is brought down to half of his health, his (running) speed doubles, forcing quicker reflexes when he comes to attack. As in any traditional fight, when Olethron’s health reaches zero, the fight is over. Now a cutscene begins.

Due to his reaction, it seems that Olethron has only been toying with Daimon, as he (Daimon) appears winded while Olethron stands tall and chuckles. He approaches Daimon with his sword raised and says, “I suppose I was wrong, You are no Dante!” Just before he is about to unleash a downward swing and end Daimon’s existence, the stained glass overhead comes crashing down on them both, and a red mass follows along, landing with a crash on top of the orb. In the confusion an unnamed voice says, “Mundus! I hate to crash the party, but I didn’t get an invitation and this is a bash I just couldn’t miss.” Olethron gasps and begins to regain his normal sight, looks up and sees none other than Dante, with his sword plunged into the orb while he stands atop it smiling. Olethron yells, “Danteee! It cannot be! I will not let you bring an end to my rein as king once more!” Olethron speeds toward Dante, as the winded Daimon looks up and says, “D-Dante…Father?” Then Olethron reaches Dante as he withdraws his sword from the orb and readies himself for a fight. Now a Smokin’ Sick cutscene goes down, in which Dante and Olethron clash swords at incredibly high speed, shoot at each other with only near misses and dodges, and constant teleportation of both of them. After their battle, Olethron says, “Enough!” and the whole place begins collapsing. Olethron begins his transformation into Ultimate Form, a large mass which Daimon and Dante can just feel energy radiating off of. Dante teleports next to Daimon and says, “Sorry I’m late kid, there were…complications.” Daimon cuts him off saying, “Save it, we’ll talk later. Right now, we have a king to dethrone.” Dante says, “Alright now we’re talking!” and transforms into his Devil State. Daimon nods his head, smirks slightly and does the same. Now the Fight begins against Olethron’s Ultimate Form.

To begin the fight, the player is given the choice of fighting as Daimon or Dante. Both have the same fighting styles, so the fight does not change either way. In this fight the goal is to hack away at Olethron until his core is exposed, which upon being struck does actual damage to him. Whichever character is not being used by a player will stick nearby and defend and assist the player while fighting. For example Olethron can form tentacle like masses to reach out and attack, and the other character will jump up and sever them before they have a chance to get to Daimon or Dante (not in all instances but it will sometimes occur as a form of assistance). Throughout the fight Olethron creates bursts of energy that flow outward and stun and damage Daimon and Dante, sometimes followed by a grabbing of one of them with a tentacle, in which the other has to quickly run to cut the tentacle before massive damage is dealt. If both Daimon and Dante are grabbed by tentacles, Olethron will push them both into himself and absorb them into a sort of abyss that exists inside of him. They stand together, surrounded by dark energy that is Olethron, and small energy beams begin to be fired at them with near lightning speed. Daimon and Dante stand back to back, deflecting the energy beams with their swords constantly and quickly. After the beams are finished, in an in-fight cutscene Daimon and Dante run toward the same spot and slash the energy wall together, and burst out of Olethron and begin fighting again. The fight carries on in this manner through the end, and when Olethron’s health is brought to zero, his core ruptures, and from within it his bodily form falls to the ground. The fight then ends and the next cutscene begins.

Daimon is overjoyed, and has a “We did it!” attitude, but Dante is his normal calm self as he walks toward the body lying on the ground. As he peers over it to see if Olethron is finished, a massive burst of energy forces Dante back. In a slow motion excerpt of the cutscene Dante reaches his hand out and Daimon grabs him to keep him from flying from within the castle. At that very moment Daimon feels a force come over him, as though it flowed from Dante into him, like he absorbed a piece of his father. Daimon immediately begins hearing whispers which he cannot make out. Dante smiled as this occurred, and Daimon gets the feeling that this transfer was intentional. Dante flies past Daimon, leaving his sword, the Rebellion, beside him, but is kept inside the castle due to the brief holding between the two. Daimon picks up the Rebellion and begins to examine it. A split second later a force from the burst of energy seems to pull Daimon into the darkness surrounding Olethron. As Daimon is absorbed, he, the darkness, and Olethron all seemingly vanish. Daimon opens his eyes to a large plane of darkness and unexplained forces, with an elderly man standing in front of him. This is Olethron’s final transformation, to Demise Form. Olethron looks at his hands and whispers to himself, “No, my power has depleted, I have advanced too quickly.” The whispers in Daimon’s head begin to get louder, and then the final fight begins.

During this fight, Olethron remains essentially helpless, as Daimon rushes him while dual wielding his sword, the Uprising, and Dante’s sword, the Rebellion and slices away relentlessly. During the fight, the now loud whispers are made into words. Things cycle through his mind, like "No...The legendary Sparda...!? It can't be!" as said by Phantom. Or, “We are the sons of Sparda. Within each of us flows his blood…” as said by Dante. Or, “Yours are definitely the powers of Sparda...no, even more so...” as said by Griffon. As well as by Mundus (now Olethron) himself, "Again, I must face a Sparda...strange fate, isn't it?" Each of these are recited as Daimon hacks away at Olethron in his defenseless state, and with his last swing, another quote from Dante rings in his head, one touching on the ending of Olethron’s Kingdom. He hears Dante say, “King? Yeah, here's your crown!” Then the fight ends and the final cutscene begins.

Olethron throws his head back and cries out in agony. A beam of light bursts from his eyes and mouth, and his skin begins to crack. His fingertips all shatter simultaneously and reveal beams of light as well. Piece by piece his body deteriorates and with a large flash of light and a burst of energy he is destroyed once and for all. With this Daimon is thrust back into his own realm to find Dante leaned up against the wall. Dante says, “So, how’d it go?” Daimon responds while bending over with a smile and laughter, and Dante laughs back. Then the two begin to walk away. They travel back to ground level and Dante tells the stories that accompany the voices Daimon was hearing in his head as they walk (leap) across rooftops. They enter a building, continuing to trade stories and when they are complete Dante looks at Daimon and says, “You did good kid…err, son. Wow that sounds weird.” and they both laugh. Following that there is a loud crash nearby, and the sound of demons attacking. Daimon and Dante look at each other and Daimon says, “Let’s rock!” Dante gives Daimon a look of acceptance and says, “Like father like son!” and high fives Daimon. With the high five, every light bulb in the building shatters and the game ends with Dante saying, “Oops…”

:) Hope you all like it!

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

So, here's my drawing. Hope it's not too shoddy.
If, by some chance, I do win this, will I be notified via PM, or what?

Also, here's a copy of the link to photobucket in case the image doesn't pop up.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Reaction score
We'll probably make a thread announcing the winners, but other than that if you win we'll be sure to contact you in order to learn your home adress and sent the demons game to youXD

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Reaction score
after that submission of the picture, my chances have decreased hahahaha

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
after that submission of the picture, my chances have decreased hahahaha
Don't be such a negative Nancy! :p Your chances of winning are precisely zero if you don't submit something - go for it!

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Reaction score
^ this is true. I wanted to wait a bit to be closer to the date to see other submissions and improve if i need to. I guess I'll submit later tonight :D

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
^ this is true. I wanted to wait a bit to be closer to the date to see other submissions and improve if i need to. I guess I'll submit later tonight :D
Sounds good to me! I mentioned in the Xbox 360 thread earlier today that the contest could close as early as March 15th, so please don't leave it too close to the last minute or you might miss your chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.