• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Win a copy of the Devil May Cry HD Collection game (PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
Hi guys and gals,

We're rolling out our first big contest and allowing three members the chance to win a copy of the Devil May Cry HD Collection game for the PlayStation 3. Make your way over to the other thread if you want to win the .

You must be registered to view image attachments

In order to be entered into the contest, you need only complete ONE of the following tasks:
  • Submit your best drawing of Dante and Vergil performing a high five.
  • Share your wittiest Devil May Cry-themed joke.
  • Pitch your ideas for what you believe would make for the perfect villain for a future Devil May Cry game. The more details the better.
You can only attempt one of the three, I'm afraid, as we don't want the contest to end with one person scoring two or more of the three prizes. Please give it some thought before committing yourself to, say, drafting up a joke when, really, your skills are more suited to arty stuff. Simply respond to this thread with your submission and you'll be entered into the contest. Feel free to revise your entry as many times as you like by editing your original post.

When the competition has come to a close on March 20th at 10:00am GMT, us staffers will vote for our top favourite entries amongst each category, and I'll get in touch with Capcom in order to organize the delivery of the copies to the three winners. At present, there are no restrictions on where we'll ship to, so feel free to join in even if you're living on the moon.*

Here's a quick list of things that'll earn you a disqualification. Please read through them, understand them, memorize them and follow them:
  • Attempting to win both an Xbox 360 and PS3 copy of the game will mean you forfeit your chances of winning either. Enter one competition and don't be greedy.
  • If we find evidence of users creating and entering multiple accounts into the contest (we have the tools to do so).
  • If we suspect foul play in the slightest, we reserve the right to remove you from the competition.
The awesome folks over at Capcom helped make this possible, ladies and gents. Major kudos to Capcom's UK PR Manager, Adam Merrett, for giving the go-ahead, too.

If you'd like to support us, please consider " " our Facebook page. Cheers!

*You can't join in if you're living on the moon.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could apply as well. Of course I won't be a judge for the PS3 round if I do XD

Meg

Likes the Number 27
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been addressed already, but how does this work if you live outside the UK?

EDIT: *reread OP*......oh. :| Never mind! :lol:

MyNameIsDante

Reaction score
Why does the new Dante smoke? He's pretty desperate for smoking sick style!............................ yeah I'm horrible at this. Worth a try though . Re-read the rules, wittiest joke, I might have a chance at this.

ShadowMitch

Reaction score
perfect villian
The Shadow (Drake)

Shadow is the one that has allways lerked in the dark sending his allies and enemies to fight dante to allowe him to observe Dante's abilites and identifying his weakness. so that he can make a plan on how to stop the continuation of the Sparda bloodline so that the underworld can open the gate to rise and takeover. The Shadow has great power and uses it to resarect and possess all of dantes previous enemies such as the phantom , griffion, nightmare , nelo angel and mundas to fight dante and weaken him to allow the shadow to take him down while he is weak. As dante has lived life after defating all the enemies that thretend the life on earth he settles down with a girl posiblly (trish) and when the underworld hears of the relation they fear the birth of another demon hunter with the blood of sparda that may be stronger due to the powers that the mother has as she is part human and demon. The shadow lures dante to the underworld by possesing his lover and traps her in the underworld. the shadow appears a few time but only revealing his weaker fourms as a possesion of demons and when they are slayed he leaves the body and speaks to dante as a black smoke cloud or shadow. as dante makes his way through the underworld the shadow sets up traps for dante with illusions of his mother his family never being involved in any of the underworld or demons. when dante reaches The Shadows demain he sees his wife traped in a cage created by the shadow that can only be broken when he has been defeated. the fight begins as the shadow hidding behind and inside other fourms. the final battle with the shadow begins he reveals his true fourm and makes an attempt to possess dante to become the ultimate demon with the power of sparda but the amulet from his mother and the sword of sparda create a protective barrier to prevent the shadow. the fight starts the shadow send out illusion enemies to destract dante. the fight gose on when the shadow fears defeate he dose the unthinkable he posses dantes wife and begins to attack dante. thus leaving dante with a choice to fight or find another way to save his wife and defeat the shadow or sacrafice his wife to protect the world from destruction.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Reaction score
Why does the new Dante smoke? He's pretty desperate for smoking sick style!............................ yeah I'm horrible at this. Worth a try though

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I've had about 3 hours sleep or if I have some sort of soft spot for terrible puns but that genuinely made me laugh. :lol:

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Reaction score
When does the competition end? :)

Blitz

Heeeeey.
Reaction score
Vergil.

'Vergil', is the 'gathering' of all pieces of Vergil's soul made into Alto/Bianco Angelos. However, This version of Vergil is incomplete, and has doubled power thirst. He seeks for every energy he finds. Currently looking for a chunk of Nero's arm, AND Yamato. He is powered by a LIMITED power generator, that keeps him together. However, in the second fight with him, that generator is replaced by Yamato's constant presence. (YES HE STOLE YAMATO FROM NERO)

Appearance: Think of a spectral Vergil. He has hazy blue energy constantly evading from his back.

Style: Dark Slayer. Trick down and Trick up can now be controlled.

Weapon: Random two-handed sword before second fight, Yamato after.

ReRave

smug jerk
Reaction score
I made this character as a kind of anti-Nero. While Ovid's skills differ from Nero's, they are still similiar in that they are both possessed by some kind of demonic entity, being controlled by it to some extent even. Sure hope the jury likes it, I'd like to have one of those copies. :D

Ovid (Picture took some time in Gimp, but I am no great artist, so I m content with the result)

You must be registered for see images

Ovid is one of the aspiring champions of the Order of the Sword and one of their most able combatants. Blessed with the latent power of magic, that all of the knights possess and a keen wit, he is perfectly suited for the secret „Inner Circle“ of the Order.
Ovid grew up poor, his father being a crippled ex-knight and his mother dying in childbed giving birth to his younger brother Cato. Early in his childhood he decided to join the Order and take up arms in the name of Sparda, the demonic Saviour of mankind. Following his blessed example, Ovid became a fierce warrior, dedicated to the eradication of demonkind on earth and protecting his fellow humans.
Luckily for Dante, Ovid (together with 4 aspiring knights of the Inner Circle) was sent on a mission to the haunted Mallet Island, where the residual demonic energies of Mundus' defeat were still flaring withing the boundaries of the devastated castle. The young knight lost all four of his squadmates due to an ambush of fierce „Assaults“ and barely made for the sewage system of the castle, to lick his wounds.
It was there, where he met the fading shade of Mundus' corruption. Cornered by masses of demons, with all of his subordinates dead and no other options at hand, he succumbed to the fallen demonic emperor's whispers and forged a pact with the former king of the underworld: His life for being the vessel of Mundus' demonic essence and thus achieving immortality.
Empowered by the remains of Mundus' soul, Ovid killed all of the remaining demons on Mallet Island and headed back to Fortuna Island, where he found his order shattered by Dante and his former colleague, Nero.
He found out about the corrupted core of the order and it's experiments with demonic powers, but his mind, twisted by Mundus' influence, failed to see the wrongness in it all, so he chose to continue the twisted experiments of Agnus, to perfect the technology that created the "angels", that Dante fought in Fortuna.

Taking up the studies of crazed Agnus in the catacombs of the orders' headquarters, he managed to create a new kind of soldiers, fueled by his own demonic power and swore revenge on Nero, Dante and the remains of the Order of the Sword, who stood idly by as the place he called home got torn down.

Weaponry:
His own Exceed-blade got shattered on Mallet Island, but with help of Mundus (who is always present as a voice in the back of his head) he managed to create a blade of vast magical potential.
Resembling a celtic short-sword, it's able to deal massive damage and it leaves wounds oozing with a kind of demonic poison.
Fighting long-range he uses Mundus' trademark attack, the red glowing spikes that he can create and throw at a whim.

Special abilities:
Supernatural resilience, supernatural vigor, supernatural dexterity and a strong magical potential, strenghtened by the emphatic link between him and the underworld through Mundus' essence inside his body.
Ability to summon lesser demons and infusing inanimate objects with the essence of the underworld, therefore transforming them into servants of hell. Experimenting with the stuff of hell has transformed most of his form: there's no longer any difference between clothing, armor and skin, as all of it slowly developed into a thick hide, that resembles the marble texture, Mundus used to exhibit. He no longer sports the garments of his order, but instead wears his transmutated body armor and an ancient greek style tunic.

Strategy:
The first phase of combat, the player is in control of Nero. Ovid will circle the collosseo-style arena you're fighting in and will summon his glowing red spikes to attack you from a distance.
As Nero, you're able to counter-attack by catching those spikes with the Devil Bringer to throw them back at the enemy. When you've dealt some damage, you get the chance for a scripted finisher during which Nero tears a piece of armor from Ovid, exposing his naked heart, just like Mundus' in DMC1. After this, there's a cutscene and Nero gets impaled on several red spikes as Dante comes in through the front entrance, Rebellion over his shoulder and a spiteful look on his face.
"Quit playing around with that guy, kid. I've thought that demon before. I'll show you how it's done.". Clutching his amulet he transforms into his demonic form and charges with Stinger.

In the second phase, you play as Dante. Ovids moveset changes drastically and instead of simply circling you, he moves towards you, weilding his short-sword to damage you. If Dante ever moves out of reach, he will exclaim (with a mix of his own voice and Mundus'): "I'll reunite you with your brother!", and start throwing a barrage of red spikes at you. After you've decimated his hit points, he falls on one knee and another cutscene comes up.
You see Dante charging Ovid again, this time with a long horizontal slash (like in the end of DMC3). The enemy manages to catch and bind the blade with his own, slowly stands up and points at the sky. "You should've watched the sky, fool." and Dante suddendly gets impaled by a dozen of glowing spikes. Dante, barely alive falls to the side, screaming in frustration and agony.
Meanwhile Nero hears Vergil's voice inside his head, mumbling something inintelegible, but Nero manages to grasp one notion inside his head: "My brother is dying, no!". With effort, he plucks out the spikes that nailed him to the wall, picks up Red Queen and holsters Blue Rose. Yamato appears in his Devol Bringer-hand, after he drives his hand through his hair, producing Vergil's hairstyle. With a dual voice (red eyes glowing, ephmerical winds flowing through his hair and clothes) he shouts: "GET THE **** AWAY FROM MY FAMILY".

Third Phase: Unlimited DT, no long-range weapons, but Nero dual-wields Red Queen and Yamato, similiar to the Agni and Rudra-style of Dante.
Ovid's moveset stays basically the same, except that he now uses a mix of the red spike barrage, the circling and the close combat moves, to make this combat as diverse as possible. Nero deals a ton of damage, but Ovid does the same, so this battle comes down to how well accustomed the player is to dodging quickly.
In the end there is a cutscene with Nero tossing away the broken Red Queen (because of his reckless fighting, the blade has gone dull and the Exceed-function gave out) and performing dozens of angry "Rapid Slashes" on Ovid, therefore cutting him into thousand pieces and destroying his physical form completely in the the process. Mundus' spiritual form tries to escape, but due to his curse and the pact with Ovid he is bound to stay close to Ovid's remains. Nero/Vergil runs to Dante, who, barely alive, coughs up blood and stares at the approaching hero with bewildered eyes "You.... How...? Brother...?". Nero nods to the whisper in his head and picks up Ivory. Dante reaches for his gun and with Nero helping him, manages to hold it up, aiming at Mundus. Smirking, Dante coughs "Jackpot" and they shoot Mundus back to the abyss.

A few days later, Nero walks into Devil May Cry "HQ" confronting Trish with the news of Dante's demise.
On Fortuna Island he dug a small grave for the fallen hero,laying Rebellion on top of it, next to his twin guns and the Yamato.
The game ends with a muffled "Where the hell am I?" and the grave exploding.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Reaction score
Before I enter, I wish to know
do the drawings have to be hand-drawn or can you use computer graphic software? Either way, I'm cool. Just want to know my options before I enter.

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
Before I enter, I wish to know
do the drawings have to be hand-drawn or can you use computer graphic software? Either way, I'm cool. Just want to know my options before I enter.
Feel free to use any art styles you wish, and use any tools you might have at your disposal. :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reaction score
I'd love to do the high 5 thing but I gatta practice up my clothed anatomy. Anyway, I got a joke thing but it's something I posted a while back on IGN, it was in a things DMC characters would never say/do but there are more than one so I'll ask if it can only be one or if I can post all of the ones I posted.

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
I'd love to do the high 5 thing but I gatta practice up my clothed anatomy. Anyway, I got a joke thing but it's something I posted a while back on IGN, it was in a things DMC characters would never say/do but there are more than one so I'll ask if it can only be one or if I can post all of the ones I posted.
Post as many as you'd like. :)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reaction score
Rightious! Alright, so, as stated above this is from two other threads on the DMC IGN boards. I posted a few funny things here and there. I'm not posting all of the comments and I am tweeking one or two for the sake of comedy. Anyway:

Things characters in Devil May Cry would never say:

Nero: Hey, Kyrie, listen, I think we should see other people.

Dante: Now is the winter of our discontent Made glorious summer by this son of Sparda; And all the clouds that low'r'd upon our shop In the deep bosom of the ocean stabeth.
Agnus: To be, or not to be: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...(etc)
Kyrie: O Nero, Nero, wherefore art thou Nero? Deny thy Holliness and refuse thy name; Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love And I'll no longer be a Songstress.
Vergil: Et tu, Kobayashi, Et tu?
(and so on...)

Trish: Party on, Wayne!
Dante: Party on, Garth!

100 things we've learned from Devil May Cry

54. When you start any bussiness, allow anyone to use the bathroom in the back, it shows them that you are not impressed by their entrance no matter how over the top.

57. It's not the size of your sword that matters-- no, wait, yes it is.

66. Yes! Eating pizza and nothing but pizza can give you that physique you always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.