What Are You Thinking?

Morgan

Gold Supporter
People are seriously bragging about spending anything above 8 hours a day playing a mediocre basketball simulator to the point where they forget to bathe or drink water.

If there's any proof at all that distance from religion hasn't made people more rational or capable of caring about anything, this and the general state of popular culture is it.

Angel

proudly intolerant
Staff member
I never want to see another needle and reel of thread again.

My hands resemble pin cushions, my back aches from hunching over sleeves and pockets...and I just cannot sew very well for long. I don't have the patience to sit and stitch everything carefully. I start off great and then get hacked off and start making huge obtrusive stitches which look ugly.

Madness is, I don't even have a kid who goes to Brownies - it was for my niece and naturally she would have a million badges to be sewn on by tonight.

Then of course Skittles wants in on the action, tried to eat my needle, runs off with the thread and hisses when I try to retrieve my scissors from under her backside.

On the plus side,my sister owes me big time

Ash

Nocturne
Contributor
Gold Supporter
If there's any proof at all that distance from religion hasn't made people more rational or capable of caring about anything, this and the general state of popular culture is it.
True...

/watch?v=vNHMiTt7gns

Shadow

Dead Witch Walking
Gold Supporter
Does anyone realise "you'll be so pretty when they're [my braces] off" is actually an insult? Like, honey, I'm pretty now. My teeth just hurt and I haven't eaten a full meal since I got them on. On the other end of the spectrum, I've lot count of how many people have told me I'll be pretty when the braces are off. That isn't the concern, here. The fact that I've got 18 months of struggling to eat, however, is.

+ why do I reblog "send me writing prompt" memes when I know that 1) probably no one will and 2) I will probably never get around to them? :unsure:
++ Inception makes a lot more sense than I remember it making....

berto

I Saw the Devil
Staff member
Happy national video game day.

Does anyone realise "you'll be so pretty when they're [my braces] off" is actually an insult? Like, honey, I'm pretty now. My teeth just hurt and I haven't eaten a full meal since I got them on. On the other end of the spectrum, I've lot count of how many people have told me I'll be pretty when the braces are off. That isn't the concern, here. The fact that I've got 18 months of struggling to eat, however, is.

+ why do I reblog "send me writing prompt" memes when I know that 1) probably no one will and 2) I will probably never get around to them? :unsure:
++ Inception makes a lot more sense than I remember it making....
Well, I’d like to say ‘ya’, totally’ but I’m kinda biased in the matter. My little sisters had to wear braces for 3 years and suffered the absence of carné asada. Her inner lip was constantly cutting against her braces and she had a hard time sleeping. Frustrated as she was and with a temperament to match I never thought she was less pretty because of the braces, but what do I know. Like I said, I have a biased position in the matter. On the day she had hers removed I took her to get some carné asada fries to celebrate.

Shadow

Dead Witch Walking
Gold Supporter
Well, I’d like to say ‘ya’, totally’ but I’m kinda biased in the matter. My little sisters had to wear braces for 3 years and suffered the absence of carné asada. Her inner lip was constantly cutting against her braces and she had a hard time sleeping. Frustrated as she was and with a temperament to match I never thought she was less pretty because of the braces, but what do I know. Like I said, I have a biased position in the matter. On the day she had hers removed I took her to get some carné asada fries to celebrate.
You've now made it my mission to figure out how to get carné asada fries I can currently eat. -didn't realise just how much she missed those-
(Also, I'm sorry to hear hers hurt her so much. =( I'm pretty used to being in pain, so I usually ignore it when the wire cuts, but the shifting...it's such a pain. Braces are just...not fun.)

Last edited:

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Reminder that the best way to play Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel is with dialogue volume turned to 0 and the subtitles off.
------------
Throughout Earth's history, mankind has attempted to find 3 things, all of equal importance:

1) The meaning of life.
2) A higher power.
3) An FPS that's primarily focused on its single-player campaign having a multiplayer mode that doesn't suck.

The search for these things continues...
-------------
If you're adapting a comic book into a movie/TV show *never* shoot down an idea saying that it's "too comic book-y." That just shows your distaste for the source material. Never tone down the sillyness or color. All designs should be just as out-there as there are on the pages, no "oh we gotta remove the color, we gotta remove these details right here."

Last edited:

Shadow

Dead Witch Walking
Gold Supporter
I've had a pocket watch for the last decade that's never worked and we've never had a chance to take it to someone who knows about watches. And just now--JUST NOW--I discovered it didn't work because it needed to be wound. :| ...why was that not included anywhere on the packaging? Why did I not think of that?

Lain

Wandering Musician
Gold Supporter
I've had a pocket watch for the last decade that's never worked and we've never had a chance to take it to someone who knows about watches. And just now--JUST NOW--I discovered it didn't work because it needed to be wound. :| ...why was that not included anywhere on the packaging? Why did I not think of that?
If it's any consolation, as someone who fixes timepieces for a (partial) living, you aren't the first to make that mistake. :wink:

CT: With every passing piece of plot leak details that I see for SW: Episode IX, the less convinced I am that it will be able to save the franchise. :unsure:

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Demetri Martin continues to be the only comedian whose Netflix specials I'll watch.
------------
I want to start getting into MHA, but from what I've seen of the fanbase, they're very obnoxious.

Last edited:

Z218

working hard and hardly working.
Iron Fist season 1 got me thinking about whether or not it was a good idea to do an Iron Fist solo show.

Not a good sign.

Vincent and freya dynamic in season 4 would have worked had they been given arc together in season 3. The actors are good at giving them an offscreen chemistry so you can imagine maybe they were friends, we just didnt see it.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Have you ever, while watching something with controversy surrounding it/is infamously terrible, felt like everybody on Earth just somehow *knows* you're watching it and is judging you? Even when you're completely alone and nobody can possibly know that you're watching it? I can never shake this.

Last edited: