What Are You Thinking?

Goldsickle

Reaction score
You know how a lot of people blame Resident Evil's gameplay shift to RE4 on the idea that REmake on the GameCube sold so low?

I actually looked into financial reports from 2002 and it was actually described as selling well.

Capcom is fully aware that releasing REmake exclusively on the GameCube might not sell that much, which shows in their lowered sales expectations for the game.
And REmake actually exceeded these sales expectations.

Their goal for sales in US was 250,000 copies but it sold 490,000.
Their goal for sales in Europe was 180,000 copies but they got 360,000 instead.

(archived).

The misconception that "REmake failed" seems to come from that one 2013 interview with Shinji Mikami where he described REmake's sales as a "commercial failure", which may actually be more of a personal opinion, rather than an official statement.

So, you can't really blame the design shift in RE4 on REmake's supposed "failure" if Capcom never saw it as a commercial failure to begin....

Sparda's rejected son

"She has no balls!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
I'm a Godzilla fan. I've seen every film and enjoy all of them. (Including the US 98 film. Fight me brah!) But Shin Godzilla (without subs) is just boring. That makes me sad to say.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
I'm a Godzilla fan. I've seen every film and enjoy all of them. (Including the US 98 film. Fight me brah!) But Shin Godzilla (without subs) is just boring. That makes me sad to say.
Zilla was pretty unfairly hated, TBH. Probably one of the most sympathetic portrayals of the big liz.

Skagewid

Reaction score
While the thought has crossed my mind, I think it's too risky a solution to the contacts issue. Contacts can be annoying, but for the vast majority of the time they're amazing.
Maybe, in the future, laser surgery will be without risks (.....and cheaper).

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
I had better sleep soundly tonight. These heart palpitations are getting to be a bit much, and the waking dreams aren't any better. :cautious:
I'm having the same problem. I'm convinced it's a thyroid issue because I also suddenly cannot sleep unless I'm in shorts and have my socks off, even though it's super cold still.

CT: I have to learn my lessons, I have to count my blessings, my fate is in the balance, I must go on believing~

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Reaction score
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
I'm having the same problem. I'm convinced it's a thyroid issue because I also suddenly cannot sleep unless I'm in shorts and have my socks off, even though it's super cold still.

CT: I have to learn my lessons, I have to count my blessings, my fate is in the balance, I must go on believing~
The weather definitely seems to be playing its part. Last night was borne of stress though, I figure. ^^; I hope your sleep issues clear up soon. I know how taxing too many sleepless nights can be. ._.

CT: Gods, my chest is tight. I guess it's going to take some time before I fully relax, before I fully trust in this sudden freedom. It takes the body time to heal from a poison, after all, and really, this was a pretty big poison in its own right...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
The weather definitely seems to be playing its part. Last night was borne of stress though, I figure. ^^; I hope your sleep issues clear up soon. I know how taxing too many sleepless nights can be. ._.

CT: Gods, my chest is tight. I guess it's going to take some time before I fully relax, before I fully trust in this sudden freedom. It takes the body time to heal from a poison, after all, and really, this was a pretty big poison in its own right...
Well, I've been dealing with it for 2 and a half months now, so it's definitely not something that's going away on its own. Made a doctor's appointment at least.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Reaction score
Adverts are funny things. Marketing campaigns constantly strive to come up with ideas to sell their products and yet despite all the constant clichés, there's always one advert that makes you sit up and pay attention.

For me, I was lying on the sofa during a hot day having a siesta, when suddenly I heard the TV say: "Skeletor saved money and now he feels epic..."
You must be registered to view media
It certainly took me by surprise to see Masters of the Universe referenced in this day and age.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Reaction score
Okay. OKAY. I came home this afternoon from the school-to-work thingy and after having lunch my parents told me HE ARRIVED.

He's so beautiful and cute, and it was worth the wait! I'm so glad I got him. I wanted to show him before but I had to go back to the school-to-work thingy, but now I'm free until April 18th.
Also bonus since I'm having so much fun with Chris:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I find it funny that i could relate more to Noctis than Sora.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Reaction score
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
While not perfect (it seldom ever is--like, "I can count on one hand how often in a year" seldom), last night was the best sleep I've had so far this week. Let's hope tonight eclipses that record.

Oh, what the hell; let's hope the entire weekend eclipses it. :whistle:

aoshi

Reaction score
Capcom again has embarrassed me by getting stuck in a game and not be able to move through. In Resident evil zero, when rebecca hangs to a pole in the torture chamber and i have to save her, i didn't have a clue even after killing the zombie monkeys.When i searched it on youtube i had to go through a different route to reach to rebecca. So stupid of capcom to follow unconventional methods in their games. If i ever spot a capcom employee by my city, i will jus rip his lungs out. Piece of sh*t.

Kurisu

Bunny mom
Reaction score
Capcom again has embarrassed me by getting stuck in a game and not be able to move through. In Resident evil zero, when rebecca hangs to a pole in the torture chamber and i have to save her, i didn't have a clue even after killing the zombie monkeys.When i searched it on youtube i had to go through a different route to reach to rebecca. So stupid of capcom to follow unconventional methods in their games. If i ever spot a capcom employee by my city, i will jus rip his lungs out. Piece of sh*t.
Well, the previous route was closed and you got Rebecca there through the air conduction. It made sense for me, though I got lost, but I thought that was my fault since I got bad orientation in both real life and videogames. I looked up a guide and I found her with no difficulty after that.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Reaction score
So, seven years eh. I'd say it doesn't feel that long but honestly it feels longer despite me being as active here as I am in the community or physical exercise but either way, it was a good time I spent here.

aoshi

Reaction score
Well, the previous route was closed and you got Rebecca there through the air conduction. It made sense for me, though I got lost, but I thought that was my fault since I got bad orientation in both real life and videogames. I looked up a guide and I found her with no difficulty after that.
Yeah, I got the location where rebecca was. But taking her out of the contextual area and unlocking the door too to that areas was deceiving to think that rebecca would be there jus a hand's reach away. Also, it ruins the fun of beating the game by yourself. I feel like the game is suddenly oversmart when it isn't. Its jus a stupid idea in the end.