• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Mar 22, 2019
Finland
The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune, as an audiobook, though. Somehow, and in a good way, I find the protagonist working in child custody services very interesting, being a custody child myself... without any supernatural skills, that is :LOL:
Just noticed where I most likely got the tip ;)
Just finished this, and I absolutely LOVED it.

You must be registered for see images

And now I'm on:

Thanks Rebel! :D

Soon beginning with The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman. I'm not into detective stories OR comedy, or so I thought until I started writing a comedy vampire short story and thinking if my bladerunnerish dystopian short story could make a fine base for a cyberpunk nordic noir -style mystery novel...

I am not into vampires either.

Reactions: Rebel Dynasty

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Mar 22, 2019
Finland
I've challenged myself with the mission of reading the whole Bible, for the sake of common knowledge as well. I started from the New Testament so I wouldn't get too overwhelmed by all the genealogies in the Old Testament, and I'm currently on the Second Epistle to the Corinthians.

Quite a lot of work ahead.

Reactions: Lain and V's patron

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Mar 22, 2019
Finland
The History of Bees by Maja Lunde. It has a bit problems with the holding-the-readers-hand-because-the-reader-is-stupid -dilemma (the same issue I've been bashing with e.g Jessica Townsend earlier) and it annoys me, but I'm giving it a try.

And no, I'm not through with the Bible. It's something that I read very differently compared to prose anyway. Still going on the Pauline Epistles :p They're great though!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sep 14, 2010
NY,Ny
I started the "Beastars" manga on the Comixology app. I fell in love with the dubbed anime on Netflix. I wanted to know what happened next so I skipped to volume 11.

"Memoria" is published digitally by Comixology. It is written by Curt Pires and drawn by Sunando C. A terminally ill detective and and a young burnout are forced to solve a controversial case. One that leads to a serial killer hiding in plain sight. It's aping True Detective but its a lot darker.

"The Scarlet Witch" by James Robinson is a great take on Wanda. She becomes an supernatural Investigator and carves out her own little corner of the Marvel Universe. It's an episodic series that travels the world. It also has an overarching mystery about the previous Scarlet Witch and tackles why Wanda took the name in the first place. They should adapt this as the sequel to WandaVision.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Dec 12, 2013
Ontario
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
Currently reading:

(Sequel to Girls of Paper and Fire).

It's really good, chock full of Chinese lore (in a fictional world), political intrigue, strong, varied heroines and side characters, excellent worldbuilding, and high stakes. I'll be reading the final book once I'm done.

Reactions: Lain and V's patron

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
May 4, 2015
Dumnonia
I was going to say I re-read The Lord of the Rings, but then I realised I simply didn't have the time to read books anymore so I compromised and bought the BBC Radio Dramatization now sold as an Audiobook. It was a little confusing at first to hear Ian Holm as Frodo when I'm so used to him being Bilbo Baggins in the film trilogy. But it was really good and I would recommend it to those who enjoy a good audiobook.

Reactions: V's patron

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Jan 19, 2013
- a fandom-centric essay pointing out a phenomenon of what's essentially delusion and total falsity when it comes to mass understanding of pop media, to the point of making up entire scenes and dialogues that never happened as well as misreading the purpose of (or ignoring the cultural context behind) scenes that do exist in order to support a character interpretation that didn't actually exist except in the viewer's mind. There's some suspicion there that the misreading has ideological motivations behind it.

The essay centers itself around Star Trek and Captain Kirk, but it's also pretty useful to consider when dealing with other fandom b.s. like "Batman doesn't kill" and "Luke is a badass Jedi".