What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Supporter Gold
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
(Sorry for the double-post. I know, I read a lot... x_x)

Just read this, which was really short--talking 5 chapters--but was fairly good. Aside from the odd word omission/misplacement, the writing was incredibly solid. Also, it fed my need for 1920s mafioso stuff.

Now I'm moving on to:

(Sequel to The Last Magician, which also satisfied that mob itch I get from time to time--only, y'know, with magic).

I loved the first book, so I'm hoping the sequel blows me out of the water, too.

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Supporter Gold
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
I've been reading this since either Oct. 30th or 31st:

I don't know if I'm going through a reading slump, if it's because of everything else irl, or if it's because it feels incredibly dull regarding what you'd expect in a novel--THE novel--about Dracula, but gods, this is taking me far longer than it ought to. With any luck, I'll be done by Thursday...

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Supporter Gold
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
I've been re-reading The Chronicles of Narnia. Well, re-reading where the first two stories are concerned (The Magician's Nephew--which I've probably read a dozen times in my life--and The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe). Currently on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Z218

working hard and hardly working.
I read the screenplay for Crimes of Grindelwald. Its collected and sold like a book.

Its good just it drags in the middle. Its got a lot of good ideas but they often feel like too many with not enough focus.

Here's hoping the next three movies/scripts pick up the slack.

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Supporter Gold
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
Started this two nights ago.

I'm about halfway, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it thus far. It takes place in a sort of Fantasy version of Japan (different name, but containing the same terms, titles, and folklore). I've been reading a lot of "meh" stories of late (many of which I don't think I've even posted here), so I really wanted to end this year on a good book. Suffice it to say, this one doesn't disappoint.

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Supporter Gold
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
Got this one from my daughter for Christmas:

Just under halfway through, and really enjoying it so far. :thumbsup: It follows a princess (fourth born, hence a "spare") with a sort of Midas touch power, only hers turns people and other living things into gemstones.

Z218

working hard and hardly working.
Hellboy Omnibus Editions, I finished the first two and will start the third tomorrow.

Interestingly enough each volume seems to remind me of each of the Hellboy movies so far.