Upgrading to a Gold Membership + other useful tips concerning Memberships.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Okay. Here is a step by step guide to understanding how you can upgrade your account to become a Gold Member or also known as a Gold Supporter.

Step 1. You wish to upgrade to a Gold Membership. Go to or scroll down to the bottom of the page and click View Prices.

Step 2. Now you are at Account Upgrades. There is a list of options.

(These options and prices are listed already in the Account Upgrade Section for you)

1 Month Gold Membership - 1.20 USD Per Month
1 Year Gold Membership - 5.20 USD Per Month

: Please note that these are subscription based. 1 Month or 1 Year Subscriptions that can be cancelled if you change your mind.

Select the option that best suits you and click the Subscribe button.

Step 3. You will be directed through to PayPal to make the required payment to our web master and you're good to go. Apply discounts to prices by means of Coupon Codes (explained below)

Understanding Coupon Codes

What are they?

These codes are entered as a means to discount the price of purchasing a Gold Membership. Always activate these codes before making a payment to apply the discount first!

This code when entered will make the following reduction to the total value of the cost - 50% off Gold Memberships by entering SSSensational!!!

Wow, that sounds great and everything but...

How do I enter a Coupon Code?

To enter in your code you must type it into the box where it asks for a Coupon Key.

Example.
Coupon Key: 123ABC

After you have typed it in click on the 'save' button to activate the code to apply the discount.

Make sure to review your order first to make sure any and all changes have been made and that the price has been amended accordingly before you proceed to make a payment.

Right, I see. So...

When it concerns purchasing a Gold Membership for another member of the Community you can still enter Coupon Codes to discount the purchase price (refer to Understanding Coupon Codes & How do I enter a Coupon Code? above for assistance)

Below the box where you enter Coupon Keys you will find - Purchase Gift Coupon for Upgrade:

This is where you need to select which Memberships you want to purchase for another member. There are two options:

Option 1: Lifetime Gold Membership
Option 2: Platinum Membership

Now select the one you wish to purchase and proceed through to Paypal to make the payment.

Okay, I'm sure I've got it now. But just one more thing...

What is a Platinum Membership?

A Platinum Membership is very similar to a Lifetime Gold Membership. That means you get all the benefits that you would if you were a Gold Member and it lasts for a lifetime.

It's not cheap - it's as expensive as it gets. But it's the price we pay each and every month to keep this website online and the community alive. Purchasing a Platinum account upgrade is essentially the same as providing us with one month's relief from our wallet-draining server bills. We work hard to keep this place alive, but generating the funds isn't easy, and sometimes we need the help of our amazing community.

Upon upgrading to a Platinum account (which lasts forever and does not require a single additional penny to be paid EVER), you will be rewarded with but three things: An exclusive 'Platinum Club' trophy, a beautiful platinum-finish shine to your profile, and our eternal gratitude.

What is a Legendary Member and how do I become one?

You're probably thinking "What is a Legendary Member?". There is no means to select this as an option when browsing through available Memberships, and there is a reason for that. It's a limited time only Membership which is only attainable through donations made to the site. More specifically, a donation of 10 USD. Here is the page to go to if you wish to donate to the site (Anything from 1o USD upwards will give you Legendary Member status)

What you get from this? A limited time only purple username, as an oppose to the red one for regular members. A limited time only Legendary Member badge. And your name included onto the donators list on the site. Seems pretty cool, right? We thought you'd agree.

Well, that seems like everything. But just one last thing...

What should I do if I have made a mistake or there is a problem with activating a Membership?

We understand that errors can occur, so if you're in a spot of bother feel free to message @Steve Powell who can help and assist you with any of your issues.

Any other issues feel free to comment here.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
What do I do if I want to go Platinum but don't have the means to get a Paypal account?
You can still select the Platinum Membership and click purchase. Although it may direct you through to Paypal you don't have to have a Paypal account. You can just enter your details in accordingly on the page to make the payment. No Paypal account or log in is required.

Hope this helped :)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
You can still select the Platinum Membership and click purchase. Although it may direct you through to Paypal you don't have to have a Paypal account. You can just enter your details in accordingly on the page to make the payment. No Paypal account or log in is required.

Hope this helped :)
It requests credit card details, which is also what I need to activate my paypal account. I don't have a credit card and my bank won't give me a debit card unless I'm working to pay off my debts, and at the moment I'm on forced leave so pay is scarce and little.
Is online banking an option? Because that's the only way I can see how I'd be able to pay for a platinum membership now or ever.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
@Dante's Stalker: I'm sorry but as far as I am aware, the only payment option seems to be through Paypal. However needless of me to say, but the payments are made to Steve. He would be the best person to speak to in regards to this matter. And hopefully you can get something sorted out.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
@Dante's Stalker: I'm sorry but as far as I am aware, the only payment option seems to be through Paypal. However needless of me to say, but the payments are made to Steve. He would be the best person to speak to in regards to this matter. And hopefully you can get something sorted out.
I figured as much, and I have PM'd him, I just thought I'd ask here anyway since it's a brief tute on how to upgrade. Thanks anyway LoD.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
No problem. This thread is here to be informational as well as help with any such related questions.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Reaction score
I've made my subscription yesterday and I know its pendent of approval, but is there any kind of problem if my paypal email address is different from the one I use in the forum?

Thank you!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
I've made my subscription yesterday and I know its pendent of approval, but is there any kind of problem if my paypal email address is different from the one I use in the forum?

Thank you!
From what I am aware of, this wouldn't be an issue. I'm sure it's just a case of Steve not being able to get around to approving your subscription. Simply a matter of time before your account is upgraded.

Reactions: Gel