• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Writing (and Artistic) Ranting Thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Reaction score
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
Once I'm officially done with The Mythos Trials, I think I'll dedicate a good chunk of time to editing and querying The 13th Magic. I've had such an itch to get back into this middle-grade, and I want so badly to get a foothold in trad publishing. Not that I have a problem with doing things independently (all for it with the WoN Trilogy and The Spectrum Chronicles), but I really can't get the idea of seeing my books in stores out of my head. It's like a physical ache at this point.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I finished a short story called "How I met a cat with two tails". It became a prequel to my TV pilot "Part Time Spirit Helper". It got me thinking I could do an anthology title between the two.....I'm in an ambitious mood....:)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I finished a short story called "the elusive Mr. Dupin" and my writing coach liked it.

The blurb would be "Vijay and Hitomi endeavor to stop a murderer with a literary fetish and a magical arsenal. They also have to decide whether or not their friendship is worth keeping."

She wanted me to read it out loud which was fun. I wouldn't recommend it if you're fasting.

This counts as me committing to do OC/DOA based fanfiction. But the DOA stuff might be cut.

Last edited:

Morgan

Premium
Reaction score
The total lack of shame it took to write the PPG live-action script, parody or not, is almost enviable.

You must be registered for see images

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
You must be registered for see medias

It's a lesson I'm learning.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score

The main character of Part Time Spirit Helper- Khalid Tanveer. Done by @absolitude . He has the ability to manipulate his shadow. I was thinking more like Kido from Yu Yu Hakusho than Doppelganger or Shadow but if this ever gets a game adaptation.....there's an angle we can work with.

Part Time Spirit Helper was the first story I completed. Its a 40 page tv pilot and my writing mentors liked it. I had to shelve it for a while because I couldn't rewrite it.

After watching Loki episode 2, I realized i wasn't interested in the retail aspect anymore. So I've been trying to find another hook for the show.

He and Vijay work as opposites which makes me curious about them meeting each other.

I have written him in a short story called "How I met a cat with two tails" and I wrote a ton of monologues where he meets the female cast of DOA. Surely but slowly I'm figuring him out.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Reaction score

The main character of Part Time Spirit Helper- Khalid Tanveer. Done by @absolitude . He has the ability to manipulate his shadow. I was thinking more like Kido from Yu Yu Hakusho than Doppelganger or Shadow but if this ever gets a game adaptation.....there's an angle we can work with.

Part Time Spirit Helper was the first story I completed. Its a 40 page tv pilot and my writing mentors liked it. I had to shelve it for a while because I couldn't rewrite it.

After watching Loki episode 2, I realized i wasn't interested in the retail aspect anymore. So I've been trying to find another hook for the show.

He and Vijay work as opposites which makes me curious about them meeting each other.

I have written him in a short story called "How I met a cat with two tails" and I wrote a ton of monologues where he meets the female cast of DOA. Surely but slowly I'm figuring him out.

I'll gonna have a look on Kido. And Vijay was supposed to be from his universe? Damn, i have devil may cry universe in mind when i did him.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I'll gonna have a look on Kido. And Vijay was supposed to be from his universe? Damn, i have devil may cry universe in mind when i did him.
I didn't think in terms of universe when I wrote Khalid and Vijay. So they could exist together theoretically. I could always write a story where they have to interact.

I could even write a story where they run in the DMC team.

So you are good.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Reaction score
I didn't think in terms of universe when I wrote Khalid and Vijay. So they could exist together theoretically. I could always write a story where they have to interact.

I could even write a story where they run in the DMC team.

So
yep, it make sense for them to be in any magic/supernatural universes anyway.