• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Writing (and Artistic) Ranting Thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Reaction score
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
Well, the first draft of Split is done. Pity it's just a little over the max count for a short story; it doesn't feel long enough to publish on its own, so I'll either have to buff it up a bit in a subsequent draft, or I'll have to make it part of a personal anthology bundle. Which means writing more short stories/novelettes, I guess. ._.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Reaction score
Does anyone else ever feel like it's impossible to just...turn off and relax after finishing writing something? Brain's just like "no, you have to write more" as soon as one story's done. And I feel like I should enjoy it and relax. But brain's still insistent.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Reaction score
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
Does anyone else ever feel like it's impossible to just...turn off and relax after finishing writing something? Brain's just like "no, you have to write more" as soon as one story's done. And I feel like I should enjoy it and relax. But brain's still insistent.

All the time. ._. I only manage to take breaks because I force myself; otherwise I succumb to burn-out.