Now that you mentioned it, I could see Travis's line being an allusion/take that to Dante. I didn't notice it at the time.No More Heroes - It's not about the crappy open-world, that's been done enough. My problem is with the pointless take that towards Dante. You see Suda51/Grasshopper have this hatred for edgy/pretty boy anime protagonists. This take that does not work, because:
- Dante is not that edgy and has always been a goofy dork. DMC2 does not count, and the reboot did not exist yet.
- This comes off as hypocritical because Travis Touchdown himself is a Dante clone. I much more subtle one and a unique different appearance, but still a copy.
- I don't have problem with, but the assassin, Helter Skelter, you don't even get to fight. He dies in the first trailer for the game.
- Dante never smokes! He hates smoking! He does not consider it cool!
- Travis more or less insults him recounting the battle in the actual intro to the game to confirm it.I honestly don't know what their deal was at the time. If they hated that character type, they should have picked someone else. They come off as fan haters of the character and not the arch type. Which Dante is mostly not. I still love NMH, but that is something that always bugged me.You must be registered for see mediasYou must be registered for see images
Funny enough, his younger is the first boss in the sequel. Skelter Helter looks like Cloud.
You must be registered for see images
@Lain as a South Asian dude from the states, I'm mad about that. It reeks of favoritism and doesn't help the divide between minorities and the police.