The ranting thinking thread

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Reaction score
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
*Suffers unending season of allergies, gets a cold on top of it. Cold starts to go away, neck and shoulder are suddenly screwed. Cold returns after two days due to window being left open and the temp dropping beneath double digits in the night. Wakes up from both neck pain and inability to breathe. Takes Robaxacet, then puts on the kettle to have NeoCitran. Reads caution label, realizes can't have cold medicine containing acetaminophen.*

****. Guess I gotta decide what issue is most in need of treatment until at least one of these goes away. :confused:

Gods, I ****ing miss sleep... A full night. That's all I ask.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Twitter
CarlosX360
It's one of the very rare times I have found myself agreeing with Boris - we shouldn't set about erasing history. It's where we have come from, it's how we learn and it makes a nation what it is now, giving it perspective and drive to be better. Absolutely, some things need sorting as a result of history...but to cancel anything and anyone who even remotely offends in the slightest way is just as bad, in my opinion.

There was an article on the bbc written by a black woman concerning her great grandfather who was a slave trader. But it's ok because he was African and it was a source of income and pride and he was a great man. I just didn't get it.

And some woman is rewriting the lyrics to Jerusalem? Why? There's absolutely nothing wrong with them - it is literally a song of 4 questions wondering whether Jesus came to England for a bit. If anyone should be "offended", it's Christians. But guess what? We don't care!

Tell you what, let's all ban anything made in Germany as a result of Hitler's influence, refuse to drink tea, coffee, eat potatoes, tomatoes, use spices, herbs, no sugar, don't wear certain fabrics, destroy boats (they have links to the slave trade, dontcha know?), get rid of governments (historically lots were slave owners), ban entertainment (some entertainers owned slaves), don't use trains (the railroads were built by slaves in some areas) and no schooling - slaves helped to build some of those institutions so it's not allowed.

Oh, and blow up Australia because it was used as a penal colony once upon a time and we can't be having that.

The whole thing has gotten wildly out of hand...
We have something similar here. Instead, now they want to take down historical statues including Abe Lincoln, because slave trades. Blows my mind.

Ok, so he was a ****ing slave trader, your ****ing point? Oh, you want to take down the statues? What will that accomplish? Why remove history? I would be empathic if maybe Hitler was historical, and not this mass murderer, who defined a century by his communist rule.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Reaction score
I don't like apologizing when I feel like I have no reason to. If you're interpreting appropriate communication between two adults as an apology, it doesn't only strengthen my stance and make me feel like I'm so high above you that you can't even see me anymore: it also confirms that I'm smarter, more reasonable, stronger, and (hell yeah I mean this literally) in many other ways better than you.

Just think about that while I'll change to my running gear and get on the track. Fun fact: When I feel like I can't breathe, when I feel like I have to slow down, I'm imagining you ahead of me and thinking about chasing you. That's how I break my own records :cool:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Reaction score
"Why would you want to eat more than one meal a day?" Because I deal with disordered eating (I forget to eat when I'm busy and rarely have an appetite) and am severely malnourished and my body thinking it's constantly being starved is why I have so many problems with my weight and health. All of which you know and don't believe. Next stupid f*cking question.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Twitter
CarlosX360
I hate it whenever my family doesn't listen. For the most part, I'm healthy. I feel ok, but my brother complained to my mother about my breathing. Since I was 17 Years old, I changed my breathing patterns. I don't always breathe from my mouth. I breathe from the nose. So, as I got older, I don't sleep like a typical person. I breathe from time to time. Because I learned to breathe from the nose earlier. But nooo, all of a sudden he's interested in my breathing patterns because my cousin has a snoring issue. I was sort of snoring sometimes, but not always. I'm in a deep sleep most of the time, so my body reacts differently under different occasions or circumstances. Now all of a sudden I have to drink 5 different pills, ok fine. I have to use an inhaler, fine. (I have asthma. It's genetic.) Now the doctor wants me to go to this sleep place, I go. But I'm on this machine that makes my sleep uncomfortable. I told my mother I was not comfortable, she says that's the last time we go. We get another phone call, same place, this time I'm on the machine with bane-style mask for testing. Uncomfortable again, this time.. I can't sleep. Not for hours. Finally I go to sleep, but I'm numb. I'm already ****ed off. I said I was ****ing uncomfortable! Ok, I calm down. We get a call from them again, this time they recommend I go on a this machine with mask. I'm ****ed off again. Then we're home. I'm trying for 5 minutes calm down, chill, here goes my mother with more medicine. UGHGH. What the ****!?

I'm ok with a little medicine, but this is TOO MUCH at once. And too much to keep up with, too much information into my head. Its just adding more and more stress to my life. Fuuck. Man. I don't need more stress, it's the very ****ing thing that asthma folks need to avoid.

Jesus. Lord!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Reaction score
Because I deal with disordered eating (I forget to eat when I'm busy and rarely have an appetite) and am severely malnourished and my body thinking it's constantly being starved is why I have so many problems with my weight and health.
I mean, even without all that, more than one meal a day is the standard. Has this person never heard of breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Reaction score
I mean, even without all that, more than one meal a day is the standard. Has this person never heard of breakfast, lunch and dinner?
She has, but she's really into dieting (to the point where she forced her daughter to diet the entire time she was growing up) and thinks that eating the bare minimum of food a day (very much below recommended dietary requirements) is healthy and not going to result in malnourishment. She cares more about being thin than anything else.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Reaction score
She has, but she's really into dieting (to the point where she forced her daughter to diet the entire time she was growing up) and thinks that eating the bare minimum of food a day (very much below recommended dietary requirements) is healthy and not going to result in malnourishment. She cares more about being thin than anything else.
Fukin'ell.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Reaction score
How I hate people who force their health insights down everyone else's throats even when no one asked for them. The same problem can be seen in @Carlos 's post as well, at least to some extent, I guess?

I just came back from the dojo. During our exercises, I was paired with a guy who really didn't care much about that we were practicing TECHNIQUE and FOOT WORK, and definitely not FIGHTING against each other! We were supposed to have a sort of three-part maneuver, first taking control of the opponent, then destabilizing them and finally pushing them to the mattress and making their further movement impossible.
Well, my partner was amused when I lost my balance on a very early stage of his maneuvers – I was often lying the floor after one step of destabilization, sometimes even when he was just taking control over me, simply because he yanked my arm so hard I couldn't stay on my feet if I wanted to prevent him dislocating my elbow. And when I frequently lost my balance when I wasn't supposed to lose it, I often landed on my hand, wrist or side, unable to take care of my landing techniques, which was already quite a risky way to practise anything; let alone that he was really hurting me with his maneuvers. Also, he used a lot of force against me when I tried to practise my own maneuvers towards him. He tried to keep my hands forcefully down, rendering any technical adjustment of my own footwork and techniques pretty impossible.
Even the teacher himself saw the situation and came to tell him not to use that kind of force towards his uke. No use. Every exercise with him resulted in me wincing out of pain. The last time he pressed me on the floor I even slapped the tatami a couple of times, telling him to let go because it HURTS, and what did this jerk do? Twisted my arm a bit more for a couple of seconds. Yup, I heard a sweet crunch out of my wrist.

So now my both elbows and in particular my right wrist are swollen and aching. I wouldn't be mad at this guy if he had at least tried to listen to the sensei and practice as we were told, for the sake of everyone's safety, but he didn't listen to any instructions. I mean, yeah it was a voluntary choice from me to go to the dojo knowing that there's gonna be contact defense practices, but if the sensei tells you not to use force then you do not use force for ****'s sake:cautious:

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Reaction score
Walking into a store full of people who don't know where their products are placed or if they even are carrying what you ask for is such an infuriating, frustrating experience.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Reaction score
Quite a while ago I mentioned a paranoid, perhaps even psychotic person around me. So it's about that despite that it still should be none of my business.

I haven't been able to get any hints about their condition for a while, despite that I have seen them in person a couple of times, so I realized I'm constantly analyzing the behaviour around the vulnerable people around them. It's a very self-destructive and useless way to try to protect them, but I can't help it. It's just getting a bit too personal now so I feel like I should be the one to solve this. Their actions are not directed to me personally, but the situation reminds me about stuff I don't wish anyone to get involved in their early life as I got.

If only there was a way to get the authorities to take their state seriously... I'm afraid of the impact for those people around them. Afraid of their lack of smile. And I'm not much of a help in that.

It would've been better if I was never informed about this in the first place. I guess they still don't even know I'm aware of this.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Reaction score
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
It never ceases to disappoint me that because someone has committed certain wrongs in their life, people always assume they've done/are capable of doing worse. Yes, he has a checkered past, yes he's done some less-than-stellar things... That doesn't mean he's done what you think he's done. Everyone has a line they won't cross. Considering he got out of that life early on, I think it's fair to assume he wasn't cut out for it. Like ****, why can't people turn their lives around for the better without people assuming the worst and on top of it, assuming their speculations=fact?