The ranting thinking thread

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Uhm, just in case someone was thinking about my three latest posts in this thread (I doubt it but there's always a chance)... I'm in hospital right now. Everything's fine, I'm safe here. Gonna spend here some time now. I don't have a laptop with me so if I just disappear for a while, it's probably just that I don't like writing posts on phone.

AgentRedgrave

Weapon X
America, you need to sort your **** out already. Stop calling actual football soccer and your football football when actual football uses feet way more prominently than your "football", stop calling fuel gas when it's not a gas, stop calling salame pepperoni when peperoni (one p) is a totally different thing, and for the love of everything that's holy, stop using that medieval ass measurement system. Because inches and feet belong to the freaking Middle Age.
Actually Foxy, that's not just America, we do all that up here in Canada too......Though to be fair, we do use the metric system, but a lot of people do use the imperial system too...Usually when we're talking about our heights (Me for example, I'm a lot more likely to tell people I'm 5'11 then 1.8 meters)

Angel

El Shaddai
Admin
Staff
Why do people insist on bringing small children to things where small children have to sit still and be quiet?

They can't. Everyone knows this.

What's worse are the parents who don't take them outside or shush them...but also encourage the noise they make.

I'll tolerate most child noise because I've got a few myself and I do get it...but not when it's specifically a place where they need to shut the hell up, like the theatre or a cinema or a gallery.

Giving myself whiplash the amount of turning around to glare at people here...

Meg

Likes the Number 27
Staff
Huzzah! Doctor's office just sent me another mystery bill! Last one was sent by mistake. Let's see how quickly they realize they did it again. And how fast I find another doctor because this happens a lot. :laugh::banghead:

America, you need to sort your **** out already. Stop calling actual football soccer and your football football when actual football uses feet way more prominently than your "football", stop calling fuel gas when it's not a gas, stop calling salame pepperoni when peperoni (one p) is a totally different thing, and for the love of everything that's holy, stop using that medieval ass measurement system. Because inches and feet belong to the freaking Middle Age.

Oh, and stop acting like doing all that is alright and should be standard just because you're 'Murica.
I like American football but even as a kid the name confused me. Who thought a sport that barely involves kicking should be called football? Especially when there was already an existing sport named that? Why? :laugh::facepalm:

Why not call it Tackleball or something? Concussionball?? :laugh:

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
@Angel Exactly. I see myself as a Centrist that's a bit more Left-leaning, but there are definitely things I can agree with or at the very least, understand from the Right's perspective. Honestly, the extremes of both sides drive me crazy, tbh, because they both tend to do exactly what you said--resort to knee-jerk name-calling and whatnot. And if I'm perfectly honest, I see a lot more of it from the Left than the Right, which really doesn't help; there's a vocal minority making it bad for the majority by not allowing differing points of view, and thus making it difficult for anyone from other parts of the political spectrum to take them seriously.

And in the end, that hurts everyone. When you start policing the way people think, feel, etc. you've already lost, because you've become precisely what you dislike/hate about "the other side". (Which is another thing I dislike; it always boils down to "If you're not with us, you're against us", and that's just...well, bullshit. Political, religious, and personal views are as complex as the people who have them).

Anyway, that's pretty much the long and the short of it. ^^; Provided it's done respectfully, I love seeing different views--it's how we grow as people.
It's a running joke with my friends now that I'm a right wing bigot because I spend so much time arguing with certain progressives about how they've started to become lunatics (activists for 3 y.o. gender transition, 6 ft 5 MTF transgender athletes in women's sport, etc). I mean it's meant in jest, but I do get called a right wing bigot all the time just for speaking common sense lol. At this point I just don't care any more if they do think that.

I mean you just can't argue with some of these people. They have been taught the only way to win any sort of debate is to call you a Nazi and put their hand in your face. The problem is they make the rest of us look bad.

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Supporter Gold
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
It's a running joke with my friends now that I'm a right wing bigot because I spend so much time arguing with certain progressives about how they've started to become lunatics (activists for 3 y.o. gender transition, 6 ft 5 MTF transgender athletes in women's sport, etc). I mean it's meant in jest, but I do get called a right wing bigot all the time just for speaking common sense lol. At this point I just don't care any more if they do think that.

I mean you just can't argue with some of these people. They have been taught the only way to win any sort of debate is to call you a Nazi and put their hand in your face. The problem is they make the rest of us look bad.
I'm just choking on the irony of them calling you a bigot. But you know what? It doesn't even surprise me anymore; I've literally seen it happen on Twitter with two people who tackle some of the same issues you've mentioned... And they deal with the exact same ****. It's gotten way out of hand, and I can't even begin to guess which way things will fall in the end.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm just choking on the irony of them calling you a bigot. But you know what? It doesn't even surprise me anymore; I've literally seen it happen on Twitter with two people who tackle some of the same issues you've mentioned... And they deal with the exact same ****. It's gotten way out of hand, and I can't even begin to guess which way things will fall in the end.
I think I know which way it's going to go, as it's already happening... people are rejecting it. Part of me is glad, because people are being hurt - young kids are being encouraged to transition and stuff like that, with no real way to know if they truly need it when they're like 3 ffs. Or if their parents/teachers are the ones encouraging them to. But I suspect things will swing around and eventually end up going the complete opposite way again and there'll be zero tolerance. There never seems to be a happy middle ground people can stick with for long.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Anyone else having YouTube problems with Firefox? It refuses to play any videos and the layout has completely changed to something horrible looking. Have to use Chrome now

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
Political correctness has gone too far. Now they're going to use tax payers' money to change all the signs of the historical town of Bideford to remove the subtitle "The Little White Town" because a bunch of millennials from London thought it was racist...despite a simple google search would tell you it's because the houses were historically lime-washed to prevent cholera and has absolutely nothing to do with race.

A local from the area has the right idea - "use the tax money to fix the potholed roads, not the signs." :bored:

Angel

El Shaddai
Admin
Staff
That's hilarious in a very sad way...I still can't get my head around the furore concerning calling chalkboards blackboards.

They are boards. They are black. I don't see the racist connection there. But it raised merry hell when we called them the "wrong thing" in school.

Stupid thing is, half the time it's PC white people making up these stupid rules...

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I got rear ended by a bus last week. Don't worry, there are no injuries, but the car I had almost paid off is irreparable. The good news is that the insurance paid off the rest of my car note, and with the money salvaged, I can shop for a new car. But man did it suck being out in the cold when this happened. Also, they sued the bus company for damages.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
No matter how hard I tried to avoid it, I got a fight with Her again. And, well, this seems to be the last one, or at least I've promised myself I won't take this sh*t any longer.

She had been given some false advice about how she can't be accepted in any school because of her disease. I corrected that advice, tried to help her, make her feel more confident about her future. I was mad at the one who gave her that advice because the advisor is in a position where they should never worsen their client's situation by giving them false, non-fact-checked advice.
Well, she got this wrong. I don't blame her for that, misunderstandings happen. She told me she's going to sleep, in which point I commented something nearly passive-aggressive (kind of "okay then..." in my native language). Later I told her I was trying to help her and I feel I failed it, with an upset tone.

Well, she got back to me with laughing smileys and telling me "you're doing this same sh*t pretty often, going to sleep when you feel angry, and when I do the same it's somehow wrong".
And I told her "it's really a fine thing to go and have a nap, but this wasn't about it. It feels really degrading when you're upset and sad, and someone laughs at your misery." I also apologized her for unintentionally hurting her feelings, and also asked her (in my view, kindly) to also apologize me, because I also felt hurt because she was laughing at my feelings.

Well, she started twisting my words. According to her, I'm accusing her of being a childish drama queen. And, according to her, in my view it's perfectly fine to go to sleep when angry, but only in my case and that rule doesn't apply to anyone else in my world.
I told her I can't take this anymore and blocked her, because that's the way things are now.

Now I've noticed some pretty odd user activity on a discussion board, and I know that she's been talking this through with her friends and told them to go look at how terrible person I am. Probably she's shown some out-of-context screenshots of our discussion to prove that I'm an a*shole. Might also be that she has continued twisting my words for everyone else without giving me possibility to tell anyone about my view. She sees things very differently, and she has all the skills to get everyone else believe what she says. With screenshots, if necessary.

So right now I'm waiting for an army of her friends mocking me around the Internet, because I'm the bad guy here and I've said bad things, such as asking her to apologize, because I felt bad.

She might see this post, I know she's stalking my actions here (she told me so). Probably after that she will accuse me of sharing her personal information on other discuss boards and turning people against her, even though she's actually doing the same with her friends. The only difference is that this is public, her Whatsapp conversations are not. Oh, and that tiny little fact that no one here knows who am I talking about, but every single one of her friends who are concerned, know my name, hometown and frequently used nicknames.

I can't say I don't care, but I just couldn't hold it in anymore. This is the only place I can at least pretend that I'm able to defend myself and imagine having support. I'm sick of crying over this and her words all day alone. I know if I ranted about this somewhere else, she and/or her friends would definitely be there.

They might still be there. It wouldn't be a surprise to see them register a new account here just to attack me.

Last edited:

Angel

El Shaddai
Admin
Staff
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that anyone who created an account just to attack another member here would be very swiftly dealt with.

If you think someone has joined for that purpose, give me or any of the other members a heads-up and they'll be gone before you know it.

We're all on your side here, @therogis :cool:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Thank you, both of you. Although I usually tend to say "don't take sides until you've heard what the other side has to say", in this case I'm ready to be the bad guy here who gathers an army of supporters.
Because, well, if she'd be here, she'd just tell you "some facts". And by "some" I mean that she would let all those facts, that are inconvenient for her arguments, just vanish in the air. She would use all the ones that prove I'm an a*shole.
I would have my hands full telling the whole truth and sharing the whole discussion instead of out-of-context quotes. The situation is pretty much this: if I said "My dog died yesterday. I buried him today", she would use the latter sentence to prove that I'm a murderer and I've buried a human body somewhere in my back yard.

Everyone has their flaws. People usually tend to use random facts just in their favor. It's only natural, so I don't actually blame her for that. I just wish she could see how destructive behavior that is.

Also, I wish I had never seen this post she made on her blog about me. I'm 99 % sure that no one here reads that blog, but if someone here recognizes the theme, please don't mess up with this. I've also checked that she has edited that post to sound much nicer afterwards, so searching those words in Google won't probably give anything else than cache results.

At least she knows where to hit hard. She knows that my mother has traumatized me in a way I can never forget. She knows I'm seeing nightmares about her several times a week. She knows that I hate my mother to the extent that I'm wishing for her death, so she used the most powerful weapon against me that she could think of: she told me I'm like my mother.

So, right now it feels I'm living in a body of my worst nightmare. It feels I've got a shadow of a monster and I can't get rid of it by anything else but death.
And yeah, just a week ago I got back home from mental hospital. I was in the hospital because of suicidal thoughts, and she knows also that. Seems to me she's really trying to get me commit suicide.

I've cried almost non-stop since yesterday. I couldn't make it to the German lesson today, and I know I'll be kicked out of the course. My husband stays home today just to keep me away from our balcony and every sharp object out of my reach.
Lucky to have him, despite the fact I was going to file a divorce application today just because of that post.

Things are spiraling down pretty fast. I don't know if it's an achievement or not if I'm still alive tomorrow.

I'm sure she's not reading these. If she was, I bet she would somehow get a hunch about how bad I feel, and she would not have made that post. Accusing someone for being a narsissistic manipulative bitch after my previous message would be natural behaviour for a sociopath, but I know that she's not like that. She's really a nice person, at least to the extent where you never ever tell her that she might be wrong in some case. As long as you agree with her, everything's fine.
I hope she'll learn to handle disagreements some day. I really do.

(Btw, I used my antivirus software to block her blog on my every device. It's better if I don't know about those lies, because she will not let me tell anyone how things really went. [And I'm the one accused to be manipulative? Whoa.])

Last edited:

Angel

El Shaddai
Admin
Staff
This is one of the many reasons why I don't do social media...it's just an absolutely toxic tool.

There's always two sides, I know that, but today I have norovirus and as a result I don't care what the other side is. When people use the internet and knowledge of someone's personal problems to get ahead, it's bullying - however justified they might feel, it doesn't make it right. I don't hold with bullying.

Also I'm fairly certain I just puked up my kidneys or something so I'm going back to bed and watching Archer on Netflix.

:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Shadow

Dead Witch Walking
Supporter Gold
@therogis If it won't make your mental health worse, then I'd suggest you also keep screenshots of any and all harassment, that way you have proof and if she or her friends escalate you have a defense against them for other sites. Also, check your country's laws--depending on the severity of the harassment, you can warn you intend to go to the police (a lot of countries have anti-cyber-bullying laws and a lot of bullies are huge cowards when threatened with legal action). Screenshots can also help in that regard.

I'm really sorry this is happening to you. Please try to remember, as horrible as your thoughts may be right now, you do have friends here and we do care. And there's no shame in going back into the hospital if it's an option and you feel you need it. I hope things start looking up for you. -sends hugs-

@Angel Hope you feel better soon!

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Well, I don't bother reading her blog anymore - it's none of my business and she doesn't deserve my time. But a friend of mine warned me about that right now she's ranting around and accusing me publicly of attacking her blog followers to bully her, and telling everyone that if anyone gets any bad messages, it's definitely me.

Seriously? I'm... confused.
Because that kind of behavior is normal for her, but if she ever really listened anything I said, she knows that it's not my way to act. Half-truths and a mystic army of anonymous people whose faces she has never seen in real life, and who she knows she can manipulate easier than real-life people, are more of her thing.

But well, it seems she's doing everything she can to get everybody on her side. I got a message where I was told that she's the one who's manipulating people, and I'm starting to agree with that. She knows that she's manipulating, and I think that's why she's making so much effort in this. She keeps herself busy on accusing other people so she won't have time or space realizing any flaws in herself.

As you can see, I'm not blaming myself anymore about this. I got some backup on other boards as well as in my personal life. I don't bother telling them anything off context or warning them about "everything she says is the work of devil themself", because, like I said, it's more of her thing. I know these people know me better than the one who keeps telling lies about my ways to handle disagreements, and they're also the only people whose opinions I'm taking into account.

So, I told that friend of mine who warned me in the first place, that if she feels like it, she can continue reading the blog, but that for me she doesn't have to. If she keeps stalking it anyway, I told her not to tell me about the content anymore, unless it's clearly against law. She promised to take screenshots in that case and "hit the red button" if necessary.

I'm definitely taking legal action against her if she dares to really share something defamatory. My stalking friend and I are both studying law so we know something about the grounds needed for the case. Too bad she has told me earlier that she has been told she's not criminally responsible for anything in her life because of some conditions in her life... I mean, too bad for her, because I faintly remember she didn't believe me when I tried to tell her that "no, you're NOT immune to law or any responsibility by those grounds". She rather believed what she wanted to believe and what a layman told her than a future professional.

Now I'm going to keep my head up and forget about this. The good thing is that this case really made some of my friends, who I didn't think to stand very close to me, really step up and show me how much they care.
Case closed.

---

Angel, hope you feel better already! Remember to drink a lot.

Last edited: