The ranting thinking thread

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Got around to seeing No Country For Old Men, and the first 75% was pretty good, but man those last 30 minutes sucked. Absolutely nothing happens, then Tommy Lee Jones mumbles...something....and then the credits play because the movie decided it was over. Total let down.

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Supporter Gold
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
FFS, DA! Give me my effing refund, already! The fact that I was charged multiple times for a membership I never got is ****ing ridiculous! How the **** is it supposedly "not working due to x reason", yet I got charged every single ****ing time I attempted---which was A LOT, by the way.

**** you, DA. **** you and your bullshit, half-assed staffing.

If they don't get back to me, I hope my bank can reverse the charges. Stress sucks at the best of times, but this is just too ****ing much...

Edit: Monetary crisis averted. Now I can go back to worrying about little, unimportant things again. :dead:

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Supporter Gold
The recent success of Apex Legends is all the more proof that we gamers are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

"Waaaaahhh, EA thinks all people want is multiplayer games, WHERE'S MUH SINGLE PLAYER!!1!!1!"
Then they release Apex, and guess what happens, everybody rushes to play it and sings its praise. Good job on proving EA right. Now by all means, in the near future, proceed to moan about how all EA publishes is multiplayer stuff.

It's gonna be your fault if that happens, gamers. You dumbasses.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Supporter Gold
@Foxtrot94 I didn't picked it, but here's something to consider: it's free. you can't really measure downnloads of free game to 60 priced game. Not everyone going to double down on microtransiction.
EA's stock is already recovering thanks to Apex alone. And at the end of the day, it's not even a matter of Apex only. The most popular (and profitable, thanks to their huge Esport scenes) games out there are multiplayer. I just hate hearing people acting like publishers are delusional about gamers as a whole preferring SP to MP. It's clearly not true. It might be sad for the vocal minority like you and me but that's the way it is.

It's not EA's fault, or any publisher's, to think that going MP is the way. It's ours, for allowing those games to take over so much and being hypocrites. As always, we love to blame everything on corporate rather than admitting our share of responsibilities. It starts with us, first and foremost.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
EA's stock is already recovering thanks to Apex alone. And at the end of the day, it's not even a matter of Apex only. The most popular (and profitable, thanks to their huge Esport scenes) games out there are multiplayer. I just hate hearing people acting like publishers are delusional about gamers as a whole preferring SP to MP. It's clearly not true. It might be sad for the vocal minority like you and me but that's the way it is.

It's not EA's fault, or any publisher's, to think that going MP is the way. It's ours, for allowing those games to take over so much and being hypocrites. As always, we love to blame everything on corporate rather than admitting our share of responsibilities. It starts with us, first and foremost.
That's yes and no. For example God of War and Spiderman sold like hot cakes and so do most nintendo games. RE2 is already huge success. Problem is that they rather measuring how to make less for more profit, and it bites them in the ass, like it happened with Fallout and Battlefield. The thing is that when they say SP games are dying it's not true. Being SP doesn't mean it's flop. Being MP doesn't guarantee success.

Angel

proudly intolerant
Admin
Staff
Selfish, entitled, disrespectful little cow.

Ain't nothing stopping you from moving out if living here is so damn difficult for you.

Context: I asked, not demanded, that eldest child empty a bin for me. Cue tirade of why she shouldn't have to - ends with me literally crying before she begrudgingly agrees to help.

She will die on her self-absorbed backside when she finally does leave home and realises life isn't one party and no landlord on this earth will let her treat the place like a freaking hotel...