• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The 20th Anniversary is Upon Us.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
Wait... does this also explain why I never saw my older brother play DMC...
Like I mentioned way back, my older brother and I were on and off with the series back then. Him even more so. He's only ever completed DMC4, and that's about it. Every time he tried starting a new game, would get bored and play something else.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Reaction score
Like I mentioned way back, my older brother and I were on and off with the series back then. Him even more so. He's only ever completed DMC4, and that's about it. Every time he tried starting a new game, would get bored and play something else.
If I remember correctly, my brother was more of a completionist that time.

But he surely wasn't too patient with dying :D
(And he hated it when his 7yo little sister, aka me, kept guiding him with stuff like "Try not to die next time"... yea that's useful advice, thanks sis :ROFL:)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
Lol no he thought it was just a shooter, didn't like slash elements
I know it was 2001 and everything, but you think he would read an article/review, or look at some gameplay clips that are posted on different websites at the time. Hell, go to the main website itself at the time. Even my brother and I knew we were dealing with a hack and slash game.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
In 2001 he was 25 and a casual gamer, magazines and reviews werent his method of choosing games

The box art was, and it showed guns lol