Riddles thread

dreadnought_dante

And the brighter the flame, the deeper the shadow
okay, here's one for you

A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $100, but if I cannot, I will pay you $100."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less. In the end the boy ended up paying the man $100. How did the man win the bet?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
Okay, all I can think of is that the boys weight ON the paper is zero since he's not standing on it.

Or maybe it's something Physics related where "Weight = Mass x 9.8 (Gravity)".

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
Okay, how 'bout this one.

You are invited to a archery contest. You have four glass targets, lined in a horizontal row 20m from the firing mark. But you are only given one steel arrow (and a bow). The rules are, you must fire it from behind the mark and strike all four targets with only one try.

How would you do it?

KRSkull

Okay, how 'bout this one.

You are invited to a archery contest. You have four glass targets, lined in a horizontal row 20m from the firing mark. But you are only given one steel arrow (and a bow). The rules are, you must fire it from behind the mark and strike all four targets with only one try.

How would you do it?
This is really a hard one and i've been trying to figure it out. but could only come up with one way.

Throw the bow at the glasses

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
Yeah, in hindsight this one was a bit mean.

The answer lies in that you can only "fire" from behind the line. Nothing stopping you from walking up to the targets and moving them to in front of the line, one behind the other (or any other arrangement really) and then firing the arrow straight through them all.

Sorry. I'll come up with a more straightforward one next time :unsure:

Shadow

Dead Witch Walking
Supporter Gold
The riddle doesn't say that the targets aren't one-behind-the-other, so...I'm assuming that's the horizontal line they've been set up in...which means I'd just need to shoot them. ^^ Right?

Edit: nm

KRSkull

Yeah, in hindsight this one was a bit mean.

The answer lies in that you can only "fire" from behind the line. Nothing stopping you from walking up to the targets and moving them to in front of the line, one behind the other (or any other arrangement really) and then firing the arrow straight through them all.

Sorry. I'll come up with a more straightforward one next time :unsure:
Oh that makes lots of sense. i was concentrating on the One Arrow and a bow. oh no no this riddle was great we need riddles like this.

as what sherlock holmes would say

The brain is a muscle, Watson, it needs to be exercised regularly, lest it turn flabby.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
It was mean because when I was asked it, I was given a diagram to help illustrate.

But I couldn't be bothered to draw it out. :'(