Riddles thread

Shadow

Dead Witch Walking
Supporter Gold
Close, but not quite. (Though that is a good alternate answer.)

Shadow

Dead Witch Walking
Supporter Gold
Aaaaaand still no. ^^; Should I give the answer?

KRSkull

=D Correct! They're both rubbish coppers. :P -glad you liked it--was worried it was bad-
This riddle got me thinking for three straight hours. that is how good it was.

Ok here is a somewhat hard Riddle

One afternoon a prince wanted to marry a princess. The king told the prince that he can marry his daughter if he passed a test. The prince accepted and They went out side. The king ordered his men to blindfold the prince. and then said "In front of you there are four doors. i want you to tell me which one of these doors is black". the prince pointed at the correct door and wed the princess.

Now How did the prince know which door is the black one without looking?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
Maybe all four doors were black?

Oh, or is it a trick where the prince points to the blindfold and calls it a black door?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
@KRSkull
Hey, while I'm trying to figure out yours I'll give you one to do. Sticking with the princess theme, I saw this in a manga a while back. More of a logic puzzle than a word game.

"Your princess lies trapped in a castle. To save her you have to pass through a maze but you are not allowed to turn left or go backwards at any point. The maze itself is fairly simple but the path requires you to go through at least three left corners. How do you rescue the princess?"

KRSkull

@Blackquill i accept.

I can think of two ways three ways to pass through the maze.

1. I face the enterence and follow the wall on my right while walking away from the enterence.

2. I move forward normally while folloing the wall on my left. When i reach a corner. I move side ways to my left while following the wall on my back.

3. The same as No.2 but instead of side stepping. I rotate 270 degree clockwise and continue my way.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
3. The same as No.2 but instead of side stepping. I rotate 270 degree clockwise and continue my way.
Yup, that's the answer the manga gave. The key was the word "turn", it was fine to go left, you just had to do it without turning 90° to the left.

Drat you solved it before I solved yours.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
I'm guessing Skully's riddle has something to do with light reflecting off the doors and coming in through the blindfold's fabric.... ._.
Oh oh, could it be that since black absorbs light it would make it warmer to the touch than white which reflects light?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Supporter Gold
You can't see it, but I'm fist pumping so hard right now. :thumbsup:

But I have to give credit to Shadow who after mentioning the reflection of light caused a flash of inspiration.