• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Village

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
I decided not to get Resident Evil 8. I'm just not that invested. I canceled my pre-order and put it towards No More Heroes 3. That said, I know the game is going to do great and most people love it.

You must be registered for see medias

Health Drink

Reaction score
I am so lost in the village. LOL.

The castle section was good, but dragged after a while. The boss fight was hilariously bad. I think a lot of people expected her to be in the game until the end.

The Duke needs to stay off the fries and burgers.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
That's one thing but...

Giant penis baby....

I knew something was up when they provided lockers you can hide in, before that thing appeared...

I hear you on that

the baby saying dada and laughing and crying while following you was very disturbing

Health Drink

Reaction score
Wow. The game is hilarious, actually.

Did anybody burst out laughing when the mutant baby came after Ethan? Baby's first movements. :D

Health Drink

Reaction score
I enjoyed it. It was ultra weird from start to freaking finish. :D

But damn, Capcom. I wanted to see Ethan's face at least once. What's so important about the man, that you cannot even show people what his face looks like!? :(

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. It was ultra weird from start to freaking finish. :D

But damn, Capcom. I wanted to see Ethan's face at least once. What's so important about the man, that you cannot even show people what his face looks like!? :(
I think Capcom wanted Ethan to be an avatar of the player but didn't really commit to the idea. So he feels half formed as a character.

Health Drink

Reaction score
The new CG series with Leon and Claire, will hit Netflix this July. :)

I wonder if Ashley Graham or Ingrid will return.

Health Drink

Reaction score
How many bad guys are even in this series by now?

The Agency.
The Connections.
Umbrella.
Los Illuminados.
Tri-cell.
The Family.

It's hard to keep up with all of this now. LOL. :)

Goldsickle

Reaction score
Getting Infinite Ammo S.T.A.K.E. before starting a Village Of Shadows playthrough is worth it.

Morgan

Premium
Reaction score
The game is okay. I miss RCS voicing Chris, and I'm not digging the actor for Heisenberg. He sounds like a small man's idea of a big man. John Noble would've fit the character better for me. Heisenberg calling Chris a "boulder-punching a**hole was great, though. Did Sheva tell that story to everyone?

Ethan was one impalement away from being related to Sparda, and the general consensus is someone on the dev team hates his hands. How much hand trauma can one man go through after the last game involved the hand being cut all the way off? "Don't mind me, gonna spill some green stuff on it. Good as new!"

I'm so-so on the explanation for how Ethan survived any of what happened in RE7, but at least it makes some amount of sense as opposed to the previous "worldbuilding" in the games of "if you get bitten by something with the T-Virus, you're done for and will zombify guaranteed!" except for when the protagonists are repeatedly bitten and get weed fuse some herbs and are good as new. But then I have to question why Ethan's chainsawed-hand had such ugly staples on it in the last game when this new game shows his hand and his jacket sleeve re-attaching with no problem? He should've looked way better than he ended up.

Also does the timeskip with aged-up Rose mean RE9 could just star the Trauma Kids? Sherry, Jake, Moira, Natalia/Alex, and Rose can all go on an adventure and bond over being madscience experiment babies!

@Health Drink re: Ethan's face

Dude, look it up. Everyone that played the last game knows what his face looks like. He just looks like a , , . There's even a nice for it (spoilers, obviously)

Health Drink

Reaction score
The images going around with Ethan's face, are actually not officially from Capcom, but somebody's fan art. Really convincing, though. :D

Morgan

Premium
Reaction score
The images going around with Ethan's face, are actually not officially from Capcom, but somebody's fan art. Really convincing, though. :D

Oh, look, a 2 day old article!
Good thing I didn't use ANY of that fanart, huh?

And the article even says,

Through things like camera hacks in Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, fans have been able to see glimpses of what the character looks like, and recently, fans modded Resident Evil Village’s model viewer to remove shadows meant to obscure his face and give the man an actual face reveal.

Which relates to the Out of Bounds video I linked. Someone modding the camera out of its fixed position in the game to get glimpses at his face.

You try so hard to sound smart, don't you?

Actually look at what links I post, next time. And read the article in full.

Health Drink

Reaction score
Hmmm. Well, I wasn't trying to be funny. Sorry if you felt that I was.

Morgan

Premium
Reaction score
I didn't think you were trying to be funny, I just said you failed at sounding intelligent. I mean, I'm not wrong. You thought skipping over the actual proof of Ethan's face existing in the game and ignorantly sourcing an article from 2 days ago about fanart no one posted was some type of rebuttal to the fact that Ethan's face is fully modeled, just never shown.

No one claimed fan renders were officially from Capcom.

The fan render exists because it uses the extracted model straight from the game that people see with a freecam mod, which still means Ethan has a face unless you're an infant with no sense of object permanence. What, did you think a fanartist modeled his head straight from scratch?

Here, straight from the model viewer in 8:

You must be registered for see images

And anyone not completely lazy about it knows the model who provided the photogrammetry for Ethan is

TLDR; if you wanted to see Ethan's face, you could've done that 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Reaction score
Oh, look, a 2 day old article!
Good thing I didn't use ANY of that fanart, huh?

You try so hard to sound smart, don't you?

Actually look at what links I post, next time. And read the article in full.

I didn't think you were trying to be funny, I just said you failed at sounding intelligent. I mean, I'm not wrong.

And anyone not completely lazy about it knows the model who provided the photogrammetry for Ethan is

TLDR; if you wanted to see Ethan's face, you could've done that 4 years ago.
I know you feel passionately about these sorts of things, but can you please tone down your posts. There's no need to snap like that.

Thank you.