• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Village

Goldsickle

Reaction score
Well, the really old games did not have any of these unusual attributes that you're so supportive of.
So? There's no law stating you can't implement them in later games.
Again, it's just a made up rule where you think "if it wasn't there from the beginning, it should never be in later titles".
My point stands that there's no rule from Capcom themselves that a "Survival Horror" game can't have a shop system.
It's a made up rule by people who have nothing to do with Resident Evil's development.

Like I said, people often just like to defend these games regardless.
It's not "defending them regardless".
It's just me stating the fact that everything you said were based on made-up rules, commandments and criteria.

It would be different if you clarified that you are simply stating your personal preference or opinions but that's not what it looks like.
You're trying to imply that implementation of features you don't like is "wrong" in some way but your only way to explain yourself is to make up rules that have nothing to do with the RE staff.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
OK, but in general, I don't really like those odd ideas.
Then don't play the game; it's that simple. I hate GTA, COD, Madden, and Assassin's Creed, but I am not going to waste time making constant threads about how I am not looking forward to them. Nor saying how they're gonna suck because of "X" reason. I focus on the game(s) or genres I do care about.

Health Drink

Reaction score
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even mention anything about that blue Umbrella crap they introduced in the previous game. Just going from that storyline with the Baker family to this place with vampire type enemies and what appears to be things that resemble werewolves, is so bizarre.

Obviously, this cult involving Alcina Dimitrescu knows something about Ethan and Mia's baby. Still doesn't make any sense from the randomness of it all. But we will find out soon enough, this May.

Apparently, Rebecca Chambers could be returning in this rumoured Nintendo Switch game. I'd rather have something like that, to be honest. She's one of the original characters, who is beloved by the most loyal of aficionados. Ethan Winters has no personality that is even worth a damn.

Goldsickle

Reaction score
So you're ranting about this thread to GameFAQs now?
You really have no shame.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Reaction score
Seriously, can we keep this on topic or else I'll have to lock it down. And I don't want to do that at all.

@Health Drink has started a thread to discuss Resident Evil Village. Whatever has or hasn't been posted on other forums is utterly irrelevant at this stage. Agree to disagree and move on.

Health Drink

Reaction score
Bump.

When it comes to the story, I have no idea what is going on anymore. LOL.

I do like the look of the game, however. Very RE4-ish one can admit, but I think this looks scarier than RE4. And I really like how when you exit a hut, you can get jumped at by these beast things so suddenly, keeping your need to point that shotgun forward a necessity.

Again, I don't have the foggiest idea how this cult came to abduct Ethan's kid, nor can I hazard a guess as to whether this will link to the previous game's plot aspects a great deal either. But all will be revealed soon enough.

Of course, I do know bits and pieces due to the leaks that happened ages ago. Mother Miranda is apparently also a boss in this game. The person with the crow mask.

You must be registered for see medias

"Meat is meat, and man's gotta eat!"-Vincent, Motel Hell, 1980. ;)

Health Drink

Reaction score
Chris has that, "I'm too old for this ****" look about him. :D

Aurelius

Reaction score
... Wow, that's a first! I'm surprised no one in this forum so far has mentioned wanting Lady Dimitrescu (aka The Tall Tiddy Lady, Mistress and other names) to step on them yet... :ROFL:
On another note, I'm pretty excited for this game. I plan on diving into this game semi blind.

Last edited:

Health Drink

Reaction score
Check this out.

How does this game even have any major correlation with the other games in the series, besides maybe 7? :D

Yes. The game looks good. But quite honestly, though. Capcom has taken away the integrity of the series. This just makes no sense at all...

Bump.

Hopefully this thread will pick up. ;)

I still think this doesn't seem like a RE game. Like even after seeing early / leaked / whatever gameplay, it makes no sense at all. LOL.

From my understanding, there's four colonies in the village. All the leaders serving as the respective bosses of each area. Some noticeable cut and pasting going on, but looks generally creepy. Not too open world like. More like, you go from point A to B, etc, going through shacks to get to the other side. I still say Elena and her father didn't need Ethan to unbolt the door, but whatever. It's a game. :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I played the demo and thought it was fun. Them werewolves are tough to deal with.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah this game looks like it's gonna be another banger for Capcom. Looks engaging. Just too bad my graphics card died so I'm waiting for a replacement. The spare one I have is able to run the game fine enough but cutscenes in the Village demo lagged like hell. Weird cause the ones in the Castle demo were buttery smooth.

Maybe just a bug due to it being an early build or whatever.

Health Drink

Reaction score
So far, the story doesn't impress me. Even after a few hours, it's not clear why Ethan is in this village. Nor do you really feel like the game makes any sense in general.

The gameplay itself, while nothing new, is fine.

Apparently, Lady Dimitrescu isn't in much of the game either. But she was like a de facto selling point. And the memes mattered more to those people than the lore.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reaction score
So, I've been watching the game and a thought occurred to me.
A lot of the the elements and advancements of RE7 were used for the development of REmake 2, downright to the menus, the item screen, and a great number of effects, concepts and elements that were straight up ported from the other game. Now, 8, straight up has a ton of things from previous games that are making a comeback but while watching a review it clicked with me. The items menu in 8 is a briefcase, just like RE4. You can find jewels embedded on walls, lamps, and ceilings, just like RE4. There's a village, then a castle, just like RE4. I haven't gotten through the whole thing, so I don't know if more areas will follow the pattern but, anyway. We got a merchant, just like RE4. Mercenaries is much closer to what RE4's was.

Basically, I think these games, 7 & 8, are big budget tech demos for their bigger, higher profile remakes. In this case, obviously, RE8 is a tech demo for RE4's potential remake. So, if you want to see how that game will look and, maybe, even feel, just look at 8.

Morgan

Premium
Reaction score

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score

I just couldn't resist. Enjoy ;).

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Really like the game so far, first major boss beaten

Great atmosphere, amazing aesthetically especially however, the fodder enemy ai is cool but dumb. So because of that wo far i didn't feel any sense of danger or tension until the latter half of the castle.

I am liking the game, but it feels very different and not quite like a resi game to me to be honest. Solid game with good horror elements regardless.

Goldsickle

Reaction score
Reaction to Castle Dimitrescu:
"Very interesting location. It has puzzles, enemy variety and atmospheric level design."

Reaction to Benevento House:
"F*** this place. F*** this place. F*** this place. F*** THIS PLACE. F*** THIS PLACE. F*** THIS PLACE."