• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Nov 1, 2018
Hunter x Hunter - I find nothing special about either anime adaptions, nor the original manga. It's just another shounen with dumb gimmicks and not much else going on. Why people still hype this thing up like it's the best thing since sliced bread is beyond me. Yes, it's made by the same guy that made Yu Yu Hakusho, but that accolade is not enough to save it, nor keep me invested. YYH had plenty of its own problems, and has some of the same bad trappings of most shounen action anime. HxH just does it even worse.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Nov 1, 2018
For those hoping Bayonetta 3 gets on Switch Emulator so it can run "proper" and be at "4K 240FPS OMG!", I don't give a damn. The game will run fine on Switch. This is Platinum you're talking about. All I need is 1080p/720p at 60fps. Y'all get the emulated version, and I have 0 problems with it, but don't be bragging dickholes to people buying the actual copies.

I find Wesker for entertaining and engaging villain in RE5 over the villains in RE4 or RE6. "The Right To Become a God" is truly Shakesperean and is one of my favorite scenes in the game.

You must be registered for see medias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Nov 1, 2018
The censored version of "Vandalize" fits Nero or Saki (Oneechanbara Origin) better than Sonic. While the uncensored version fits D.I.N.O more than anyone else. Ironic, because ONE OK ROCK actually did a promotional song for DmC (2013) during the early marketing of the game.

Censored Version

Uncensored Version

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sep 14, 2010
NY,Ny
I would've preferred FF7-2 over FF7R.

I don't mind Luna that much. She is poorly handled but she holds your attention more than similar characters like Kyrie or Kairi. So she's the best of the bad lol.

V has his problems but he is a better done version of Roxas. I like Roxas but he never felt like Sora and he's not the only one. Xion, Namine and Vanitas suffer from the same problem. V convinced me he was Vergil towards the end of his time.

Terra, Ven, Aqua are my favorite trio in KH because they feel like a trio of friends. Before them, the other trios felt like duos with a third wheel. Granted Aqua can fall into that but you remember her more than Kairi or Xion.

FF10-3 should be a Rikku centered game. I don't mind the Tidus/Yuna drama but I don't trust Square to pull it off.

I would've preffered spinoffs centered the others over continuing Sora's story in KH4.

The Xehanort Saga fails as a long-form story.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sep 10, 2014
Italy
Jin Kazama's fighting style change after Tekken 3 was a godsend. If you wanna play Kazuya, play Kazuya. There's no need for a clone. Jin's already kind of his clone physically (though that gets a pass cause he is his son). Doesn't have to be gameplay wise too.

Reactions: BrawlMan

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sep 14, 2010
NY,Ny
Someone did a fan reboot of DC with Batman outside the Justice League. It just fits him better to me.

Recently I've been excited about all the new faces in Marvel and DC.

But the best new additions to Marvel come from Johnathan hickman. The legacies like champions are ok but I don't have much interest to read them. They feel undercooked and haven't had that right pitch yet. Or I'm too old for them which is how I also feel about most shonens and YA stories.

It's a mix of the two. The legacies I go for are the older ones like Jace Fox and Cindy moon. It's not a hard rule and more of a gut feeling.

Ironically I'm liking some of the new DC characters so I'm hoping Marvel can compete.

Last edited: