• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Relatively unpopular opinions about any and everything

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Reaction score
I still like FMA (2003), but my main problem was the plot twist (the alternate world where to go to our universe was an ass pull), the ending, and the Shamballa film. I prefer Brotherhood, but I do thank 2003 to introducing me to FMA. It does not help there were some changes I did not like knowing after the fact, and there were some original characters for the show I just did not like. Thankfully, those unlikeable OCs are either in early episode and are bit parts or when the show started off rough and was mainly episodic. I do love how they handled Scar in the 2003 version, though both characters are well written no matter the version. Even in high school I could tell the 2003 show was going in a different direction than the manga, and I had barely even touched the manga, when the first show got to the halfway point. Still fun ride, but I rarely ever revisit the 2003 series again. I do recommend this retrospective series. Dude is a big fan of both and a good amount of his views will line up with yours.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I also prefer Brotherhood, but I am really happy I watched the 2003 show first. A lot of those early moments had more time to breath and hit harder than I think they would have if I had only watched Brotherhood. I also wasn't a fan of how the ending for the 03 series shook out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I still like FMA (2003), but my main problem was the plot twist (the alternate world where to go to our universe was an ass pull), the ending, and the Shamballa film. I prefer Brotherhood, but I do thank 2003 to introducing me to FMA. It does not help there were some changes I did not like knowing after the fact, and there were some original characters for the show I just did not like. Thankfully, those unlikeable OCs are either in early episode and are bit parts or when the show started off rough and was mainly episodic. I do love how they handled Scar in the 2003 version, though both characters are well written no matter the version. Even in high school I could tell the 2003 show was going in a different direction than the manga, and I had barely even touched the manga, when the first show got to the halfway point. Still fun ride, but I rarely ever revisit the 2003 series again. I do recommend this retrospective series. Dude is a big fan of both and a good amount of his views will line up with yours.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I didn't mind the twist myself. I'm fascinated by alternate universes etc. I was hoping the series would become a war of two worlds style story. They said they wanted to do another season set in 1930s but that was scrapped and retooled into Shamballa.

I'm usually more experimental than most fans. So fillers or changes aren't instantly bad to me. They usually have to try extra hard to screw up. And unfortunately most go the distance.

But I get what you mean.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Reaction score
Huge BLM protests last year in major UK cities? Police allow it.

A woman is abducted and murdered by a member of the police force and people want to hold a vigil? Arrestable offence.

Uh huh.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I dislike the reveal that Ichigo was half-shinigami/ quincy. I don't think the change adds anything of value to him. I just feel like he was a stronger character when he was an everyman.

The Aizen Saga was fine but it went on for too long and lost what it was trying to say. If it was shorter and more focused I would've preferred it.

Although Hunter X Hunter did the Aizen Saga better with the Chimera Ants Saga. Or they had similar problems but Togashi managed it better than Kubo did. One Piece is the same way.

To me, Ichigo would've benefited more from an episodic storyline. Something more like JOJO part 4: diamond is unbreakable would've suited him and his friends better.

I don't mind the anime fillers. I think they are fun and a nice change of pace from the Aizen Saga. They didn't fix the issues of the manga which is a shame. That 1 year gap between Soul Society and the start of the Aizen Saga could've helped with a lot. Like if you wanted Ichigo and Orihime to be the Endgame ship.....now would've been a good time to build that up.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
I dislike the reveal that Ichigo was half-shinigami/ quincy. I don't think the change adds anything of value to him. I just feel like he was a stronger character when he was an everyman.

The Aizen Saga was fine but it went on for too long and lost what it was trying to say. If it was shorter and more focused I would've preferred it.
It's why I dropped Bleach after the Rescue Rukia Arc. I called it with the filler episodes and arcs that dragon for way too long.

Shorter anime and lengthy anime with strutured characters and plot. > long ass (shounen) anime where ideas are wasted or go nowhere.