• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nocturne/Shin Megami Tensei V

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
To me, the wait for this game felt worse than DMC5.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Reaction score
Coincidentally I was watching the anime "Jujutsu Kaisen" as I wait for the Nocturne release which is around the corner and funnily enough I wasn't the only one to think that the MC reminded me a lot of the Demi-Fiend. :ROFL:

You must be registered for see images

Morgan

Premium
Reaction score
I like Yuji's design more. :whistle:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
Coincidentally I was watching the anime "Jujutsu Kaisen" as I wait for the Nocturne release which is around the corner and funnily enough I wasn't the only one to think that the MC reminded me a lot of the Demi-Fiend. :ROFL:

You must be registered for see images
You could always named the MC after him.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to bring this up.

Yeah, the Demi-fiend's design can't be all that bad if it's inspiring one of (modern) anime's more visually memorable characters.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Reaction score
My copy of Nocturne arrived today. Not featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series though sadly.

Sparda's rejected son

"She has no balls!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
Man this game really is a PS2 game. You can feel that old RPG "jank" in it. The lack of "go here" indicator bugs me. I am lost on the map screen and the suspending save feature is a God send since I haven't saved properly since the Forneus boss fight.
I am going to need a guide for this game. That one fight song that sounds like dog barking is annoying and the compressed audio is not helping.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reaction score
Man this game really is a PS2 game. You can feel that old RPG "jank" in it. The lack of "go here" indicator bugs me. I am lost on the map screen and the suspending save feature is a God send since I haven't saved properly since the Forneus boss fight.
I am going to need a guide for this game.
Welcome to 2003, son, where real gamers were forged. It's a time when games took forever, Prema Guides were riding high and finishing an RPG by yourself was a real accomplishment because everything required a degree in deductive reasoning and a big notebook to write it all down.

That one fight song that sounds like dog barking is annoying and the compressed audio is not helping.
Yeah, that's one of the major drawbacks of these things. The limitations of storage back in the day really are screwing us today. Not like you can re record a whole soundtrack just for a remaster. Probably won't be worth the cost. Unfortunately, we're the ones who pay the price for limitations on both storage and DVD sizes.

Sparda's rejected son

"She has no balls!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Reaction score
Well to be fair, playing FF X on PS4 gave me that "jank" feeling too but I played FFX back in the day so nostalgia bias perhaps? Regardless a guide is the way I'll go for this game because I have no sense of direction and the world map doesn't give a good enough indication of "You can go here or not."

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Reaction score
Be warned - the release date, gameplay and plot details of SMT V have been accidentally leaked on the official website and are now floating around the web.

Morgan

Premium
Reaction score
"accidentally leaked on the official website"

bruh.

insert gif of everyone facepalming here.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Reaction score
Finally we can talk about it.

You must be registered for see medias

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Reaction score
A month to the day exactly after the official reveal we get a story trailer. :unsure:

You must be registered for see medias