• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory comments on Bayonetta's 'very Japanesey' influence

Steve

Cheeky Wee McGregor
Admin
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Twitter
yeahSP
Ninja Theory creative director, Tameem Antoniades had this to say during a recent interview with regarding Bayonetta; when asked if he thought if Platinum Games' wicked eponymous heroine looked “cool”:

“Personally, I don’t. I love [Bayonetta]. I think it’s awesome. It’s taken everything — it’s just gone to a total extreme. But in terms of, ‘Do I think it’s cool?’ No, not at all. I think it’s caricatured and over-the-top and very ‘Japanesey,’ and for that absurd style it does that really well, but that’s not what I want.”

I find this quote especially interesting as it helps further cement the notion that DmC: Devil May Cry will be moving away from the familiar, comical, not-entirely-ultra-serious direction that previous Devil May Cry games have previously veered towards. If you’ve read my , you may notice how I’ve highlighted some particularly dark moments with a touch of macabre.

It's also worth noting that the original Devil May Cry game director, Hideki Kamiya, was the one to go on to become director of Bayonetta, leaving many fans to consider Bayonetta as a "spiritual spin-off” of sorts to the classic Devil May Cry series.

Attachments

• dmc-dante-bayonetta.jpg
    dmc-dante-bayonetta.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: