News and Updates (No Personal Posts)

Goldsickle

The wording implies that whoever translated it took the more literal route rather than the comprehensive one.
So we will be expecting a lot of "this child/this kid" (ano ko) or "at a time like this..." (konna toki ni).

berto

I Saw the Devil
Staff
So we will be expecting a lot of "this child/this kid" (ano ko) or "at a time like this..." (konna toki ni).
Something to that effect. Here's an example:
Jeffrey involuntarily frowned. Actually, they pulled him out for a conversation in this godforgotten tavern, forced to pay for a drink, and then they throw him such words. However, he did not begin to show dissatisfaction - the thing is common.

I mean, it is both grammatically correct and it makes sense but it is definitely not written in a manner that is proper, common or jointed. It reads like something someone learning english would write. I would know.

Goldsickle

I mean, it is both grammatically correct and it makes sense but it is definitely not written in a manner that is proper, common or jointed. It reads like something someone learning english would write. I would know.
At least the translator didn't add Japanese honorifics.
It'd look awkward to see "Dante-san" or "Mundus-sama" in a non-Japanese setting.

• Haha
Reactions: Ash