How to remake DMC2?

V's patron

I have no name for I am but 2 days old ;).
Honestly it can go either way to me. You can lose it or keep it in a rewrite. It just depends on how you wanna tell the story.

BlackAngel

The combat itself is not really bad, especially when playing as Lucia with her acrobatic moves and her skills of wielding 2 blades and throwing daggers is very unique experience. But with Dante has a lot to improve because the Stinger and Devil Trigger abilities are very weak (Not the Majin Form. It is the most powerful DT in the franchise) If I were them I would start with the original DT design and gameplay from DMC and start from there.

I really like this design and I would love to play that in the game.

-Instead of purchasing combat abilities from the statue they should have a separate menu to spend red orbs to unlock new movesets and special abliities at anytime.

- Have a block/parry mechanic to allow players to block and counter enemy attacks.

-Introduce brutal finishers as critical strikes.

-Revamp the roundtrip mechanic as a alternative ranged weapon.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Supporter Gold
But with Dante has a lot to improve because the Stinger and Devil Trigger abilities are very weak
There's a lot more wrong than that. Combat is incredibly bad and could be massively improved by removing stunlocking from guns, adding more moves to the list, diversifying the weapons more, introducing more cancels and last but not least rewriting enemy AI to actually have them hit Dante in the first place.

As you can see, that's a lot to improve upon and rebuild than just Stinger and DT. I wish those things were it but DMC2 is just fundamentally flawed in the core of its combat system.

BlackAngel

There's a lot more wrong than that. Combat is incredibly bad and could be massively improved by removing stunlocking from guns, adding more moves to the list, diversifying the weapons more, introducing more cancels and last but not least rewriting enemy AI to actually have them hit Dante in the first place.

As you can see, that's a lot to improve upon and rebuild than just Stinger and DT. I wish those things were it but DMC2 is just fundamentally flawed in the core of its combat system.
I'm just using them as an example that it needs improvement. The combat itself isn't bad, but it needs to be worked on and the lack of Devil Arms is keeping me from enjoying the game. But they got the acrobatics and the wall running down pat, though.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Lucia needs a new voice actress. French or not don't matter. Plus Lucia's gameplay style needs work.

She needs taunts of her own like Trish & Lady.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
Any ideas you want to add?
Brooding does not equal devoleped. Dante is able to move on and live his despite his tragic loss. There would be no contrast to vergil personality wise and now you would have to explain why he changed back for dmc 4 and 5 . honestly it makes sense to me as it was a departure from 1 it not too much a departure from the anime. Just polish the story and details a bit along with graphics and use the current voice cast amd i think youd be fine. Not taking into account if it'll be dmc2 controls or DMC5 controls