KRAKOW, POLAND – Dec. 10, 2019 – Publisher Bloober Team announced today, the return of its psychological horror hit, Layers of Fear VR, out now for Oculus Rift / Rift S and HTC Vive via Steam and the Oculus Store. Based on the critically acclaimed 2016 title, Layers of Fear VR immerses players into the depths of madness as a painter aiming to finish his Magnum Opus. Uncover visions, fears, and horrors that entwine the painter while exploring the depths of an ever-changing Victorian mansion filled with macabre artwork, all brought to life for the first time in a truly immersive and frightening virtual reality adventure.
Layers of Fear VR is a first-person horror game built on a rich and dark story, with secrets that are unraveled along the way. Through a series of twisted puzzles that challenge players to face and confront their fears, while remaining calm and mentally sane. The psychological horrors buried deep within Layers of Fear VR will leave players questioning their own eyes and mind. Dare you help paint a true masterpiece of fear? Put on your VR headset and discover what awaits…
“Following the overwhelmingly positive reception the original Layers of Fear received from critics and players alike, we’re beyond thrilled to be working with the talented developers at Incuvo S.A. to bring the true depth of horror in Layers of Fear to life for virtual reality,” said Piotr Babieno, CEO at Bloober Team.
Layers of Fear VR Product Features Include:
PSYCHEDELIC VR HORROR
- Explore the depths of madness within the painter’s mind
- Terrifying twists and turns will leave you uncertain of what is real
- Sense of insanity as each turn of the camera may completely change the look of your surroundings
- Experience a haunting story that reveals details of the painter’s dark and tragic past
- Uncover new secrets and details through immersive VR
- Search the Victorian mansion, follow the dark visions and see the story and secrets unfold
- Explore a game world inspired by 19th century masterpiece paintings, architecture and décor
- Numerous pieces of original art and music flesh out the story and environment
- Explore an ever-changing Victorian-era mansion that evokes beauty, fear and suspense