Games Everyone Likes But You Don't

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Staff
Supporter 2014
Supporter Diamond
Supporter Gold
Xen-Omni 2020 Supporter
@Lain - Me. Simply because of the Spider-Man one. I love that game.

Anyways;

Fortnite.
PUBG.
Anything that’s similar to those games that a lot of people seem to rant and rave about.

Dislike them all.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
I definitely agree with you on battle royales LoD. There is too much running around only to have a 3 second gunfight.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Let me see:

Fortine but let's be honest, is that really a game EVERYONE likes?
most sports games
most racing games
most COD games
Yakuza. I could assume it has a good storymode but gameplay looks repetitive.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain
we're still cool bro. :thumbsup:

I have nothing to report. I'm liking God of War (2018) but I have no interest in the classic series does that count? O_o

tehrugger

Banned
I think we should only put down games we've actually played.

And I'm adding Hollow Knight.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Fortine but let's be honest, is that really a game EVERYONE likes?
If you're a kid between the ages of 8-14. Apparently it's required among some of their social groups.

@Lain
we're still cool bro. :thumbsup:

I have nothing to report. I'm liking God of War (2018) but I have no interest in the classic series does that count? O_o
Kinda, but the only ones who get offended or upset are Gaming Brit and some OG God of War fans who have been around since the very beginning. I'll tell you this, if you decide to pick up the old games, just pick 1-3. You're not missing much with the psp gaiden games in terms of story.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Kinda, but the only ones who get offened or upset are Gaming Brit and some OG God of War fans who have been around since the very beginning. I'll tell you this, if you decide to pick up the old games, just pick 1-3. You're not missing much with the psp gaiden games in terms of story.
What's your thoughts on GOW4?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
What's your thoughts on GOW4?

I give it the Double Toasted rating of a medium Full Price. I ended up liking the game more than I would know or realize. Originally, I was on the hate train, until I took a step back and realized I was acting no different than some of the gaming website that hate on the games I enjoy for petty reasons or lack of playing/research. Hell, the game made me look up on Norse mythos a couple months before release. The game while great, they we're definitely aiming for the Dark Souls crowd. Luckily, you can change it to the classic GoW controls. Though I appreciate certain developers, journalists, or Dark Souls fanboys would stop acting like DS is the pinnacle of 3rd person melee combat. It is not. Unskippable cut scenes and no new game+ were a problem, but has since been remedied with the patches. Hopefully, for the next game, they will remember to include those basic features without an update. The lack of a jump button irks me and platforming is non-existent and makes Uncharted 4's look more complex by comparison. I also did not like how level dictates how much damage Kratos takes because one set of armor is at slightly higher level than the armor. I am the God of War, armor should not even make a difference to me. Please zoom the camera out for the next game on PS5, and put in more bosses that are not reskins of the Trolls.

With that out of the way, combat is visceral and satisfying. The Leviathan Axe is one of the best axes in video game history and pretty much the answer to Mjnor. Button (O) Execution moves and cleaver attacks still have that OG familiarity. I went nuts when I found the amulet that let's you preform witch time. Atreus is a great tag along kid and I find him better than Ellie. Exploration is rewarding and the side quest add some extra details, lore, and development of Kratos and other minor or side characters. Kratos new voice actor does an amazing job, but I do miss the original. Him and the actor for Atreus have wonderful chemistry. I won't spoil anything for V's Patron's sake. My only gripe with the story is that it ends with an obvious sequel hook. At least the original God of War told a self-contained story.

It's amazing to have a game that does not cheat you out of costumes or content with bullsh!t micro-transactions or dlc.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Supporter Gold
Xen-Omni 2020 Supporter
Rocket league
Pubg
Fortnite
Cod black ops 4

I know others don't like these , but they have a huge following , in Fortnite's case to s ludicrous degree

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
It's difficult to find a game I didn't like since I almost like every of them but there are some that I like that are bad game:
- devil may cry 2
- resident evil 6
- call of duty ghost black ops 3 and 4
- fortnite

Well there is actually a game I dislike and I think is real **** and pathetic: metal gear survive

Meg

Likes the Number 27
Staff
I don't understand the batle royale craze. I played a bit of Blackout and it ranged from really dull to exciting for a bit and then back to dull. Played with friends too and it was still only enjoyable for a bit.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I
I don't understand the batle royale craze. I played a bit of Blackout and it ranged from really dull to exciting for a bit and then back to dull. Played with friends too and it was still only enjoyable for a bit.
I don't actually like battle Royale like fortnite but I appreciate apex legend

I didn't play battlefield v but look great in battle Royale , but I'm really not a big fun of multiplayer game even if I played them constantly, I prefer single player

berto

I Saw the Devil
Staff
When I got the Switch I decided to try out all the big games, Zelda: BotW, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2. I haven't gotten very far with XB2 but I beat Zelda and Mario and I hated those two games. They are the most loved and defended titles around and god save you if you say anything negative around nintendo fanboys and that makes me hate 'em even more.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
When I got the Switch I decided to try out all the big games, Zelda: BotW, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2. I haven't gotten very far with XB2 but I beat Zelda and Mario and I hated those two games. They are the most loved and defended titles around and god save you if you say anything negative around nintendo fanboys and that makes me hate 'em even more.
I don't know how anyone can defend BOTW's god awful durability system. The strongest weapons being the least durable is so dumb.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Staff
I don't know how anyone can defend BOTW's god awful durability system. The strongest weapons being the least durable is so dumb.
It's not just that. The weather system, the temperature requirements, the constant falling down a cliff because I took a hit next to a crevice and since being stunt means you don't get up till you touch the ground, being punished for having metal on you. I spent so much time waiting for the rain to stop just so I could either climb up to a point I want to get to or things I can't touch till after it all dries up. I tried it, it takes real time hours for the weather to change back to something pleasant that's manageable. Then those overly difficult opponents scattered around. I don't mind hard fights what I mind is making everything an uphill battle that punishes you for it, like sending you back to a very long path you'll have to traverse again and breaking your weapons for the effort. In Bloodborne you can at least open up a shortcut and run passed most enemies. I spent more time hating the experience than enjoying what the game had to offer.

tehrugger

Banned
So glad I'm not the only one here who hated BOTW :smile:

That game gets all the love that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 deserves.

DarkSlayerVergil

I'll tell you this, if you decide to pick up the old games, just pick 1-3. You're not missing much with the psp gaiden games in terms of story.
Why not? Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta actually adds a lot to GoW story. In fact I'd say they're pretty vital if you want to get a full understanding of Kratos character.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Why not? Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta actually adds a lot to GoW story. In fact I'd say they're pretty vital if you want to get a full understanding of Kratos character.
I mainly going based off of memory, but not much happens in Chain of Olympus other than the part with Kratos' wife and daughter. I'll give credit to GoS shedding some light with his mother and brother, but feels like hasty attempt to justify or at the very least, see Kratos as the lesser evil. GoS was made after GoWIII, but takes place between I & II. At least did something story wise compared to Ascension too. The only thing Asencion had was a "one more time, baby!" for the PS3.