• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Resident Evil has gone downhill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
Listen to this guy's mature speeches in these two uploads on YouTube. He explains what the old games represent, which are horror, exploration, the awesome music, and so forth.

While all the games have that to a noticeable degree, as I pointed out already in prior comments, the newer stuff doesn't do it for me. Then he goes off on a similar rant about how they copy other franchises.

Listen. Learn. Love.

You must be registered to view media

P.S. This guy here brought up good points. RE5 is essentially the same as RE4, really, yet RE4 has Leon, the RE franchise's golden boy. And the RE3 remake and the RE2 remakes have similar problems, for sure. Yet one game gets all of the glory, while the other is crapped on. And yes, I also think that the plant zombies in the lab... SUCKED!

Like... what the freaking hell!? That's too funny.

Goldsickle

Reaction score
Listen to this guy's
Can't you speak for yourself?

And this isn't the first time I mentioned this either.
It's annoying that you keep ignoring what I said.

I want to know what you think.
Stop relying on others to speak for you.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
I just told you, in previous posts what the overall problem is. OK.

Stay tuned for an epic rant, but I will do it on my PS4 and upload the video, but that's the final time I am replying. Hopefully it won't take forever to upload with my 4G connection.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Reaction score
Still can't believe that there are like 3 pages of discussion regarding a trash game like re 6

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Reaction score
"Just another fanboy". Wow. Pot calling the kettle black much. No wonder he keeps hammering on your double standards.
wtf I'm watching? XD
Can't belive this

Goldsickle

Reaction score
I just told you,
You still haven't told me the "characteristics of true Resident Evil".
This is the third time I'm asking.

And I want to hear it from you, not anyone else.
It's pointless to argue if you can't speak for yourself and resort to using other people's words for your arguments.

Still can't believe that there are like 3 pages of discussion regarding a trash game like re 6
Did Capcom admit RE6 is a failure or no company will admit their games failed?

Which one is it?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
If you wait long enough, other titles may overtake RE5 in sales.
But one thing people shouldn't forget is that RE5 is the fastest-selling RE title.

The game sold 5 million copies within three months after it was released.
No other RE title sold this fast.
I agree with you. I just didn't bother putting it out cuz I figured it was obvious by this point. I thank you anyway.

Also everyone, can we stop with the pettiness. Not so much you @Goldsickle. You've been pretty reasonable.

@thesaunderschild, please don't be that guy. I get it, you just don't like certain parts of the resident evil franchise, but you're really acting no different from some of the hardcore Fanboys that insult others or do nothing to prove their point. Last thing we need is another person acting like this guy:

I'll pull the quote I said from a previous thread.

Congragu-f#ckin-lations Score PN, you just became another egotistical loud mouth that thinks your God's gift to mankind. You don't like RE8, fair enough. But don't go around attacking or accusing other RE fans/YT channels for being sell outs just for having interests or being excited for a new game. I hate the stereotypical "not a true fan" or "mindless sheep" fallacy bullshit you're trying to pull. The reason no other RE fans brought up the RE Netflix film is because everyone knows it's going to be a million piles of dog turds, and not worth mentioning. Despite claiming otherwise, you are hypocrite getting on his personal soap box, because people are interested in something you don't like. Not that any of the other YouTubers would give you the time of day; especially Omega Sphere. She's a cool gal that likes to have fun, but knows respect others. I am not going to support or watch your other content if this is how you are going to act. Crying and whining like a spoiled child for people thinking different from you. F#ck you, you had your chance! I am just glad people in the comment section are calling him out on his b#tch fit.

Last edited:

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
How the Diddly Sam heck is it a double standard, you twat, when I answered his questions in my rant video, viewable on HERE, and in prior posts I went into a fair amount of detail, as well as mentioning the same things on other gaming communities!? For example, look me up on JoyFreak, where I also openly admitted to not liking many modern day RE titles. Therefore, I have already covered WHY the newer games are not that appealing to me. So why do I need to answer you again with a bigger summary, like some manual explaining how to add scrap metal and oil to a car? Surely you got the jist of what I said before.

Also, where's the emojis on here to add into posts? I Iake it you don't have any on the forums.

Anyway, here's the last video response...

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
This man is a picnic basket, void of a picnic. ;)

Goldsickle

Reaction score
when I answered his questions in my rant video,
Is it too much trouble to just write it down?
And then your accent is so heavy that I couldn't pick up some of the words you said (no offense).

Was I supposed to wait through a 20+ minute video just to hear you answer a short, simple question?

I'm sorry after you went through all that but could you just write down your thoughts?
It'd be easier to do text search, copying, pasting and quoting for that.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
"I done nae ken an nae of ya Scottish dye a log, as it is healthy odd!"

There's optional closed captions, if that helps.

I did bring up good points, though, as did those other YouTubers. I mean, I won't stop being a fan. One exception may be if they made them ultra terrible, like they did with Umbrella Corps. But I meant for the mainline entries. Chris better not die!

Have a look at this film I am producing.

Goldsickle

Reaction score
There's optional closed captions, if that helps.
I'm actually kinda busy, going back on forth on the computer between illustration jobs.

If I wanted to sit through a 20 minute video during breaks, I'd rather do it watching one of the free animes I'm getting on YouTube (hooray for Asian territories).

Hopefully you don't take this as me "ignoring" what you said.
Willing to see what you have to say but not like this, especially since we're on a message board.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Twitter
CarlosX360
I KNOW. It got really exhausting. I got tired of it.

It blows my mind.
Also everyone, can we stop with the pettiness. Not so much you @Goldsickle. You've been pretty reasonable.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Reasonable? Go on. Kiss his ass.
Can't you speak for yourself?

And this isn't the first time I mentioned this either.
It's annoying that you keep ignoring what I said.

I want to know what you think.
Stop relying on others to speak for you.
Perhaps he's trying to get you to LISTEN, since you can't really understand posts? Yeah? I mean we are now on page 4, with THREE pages of explanations TO YOU. And your still stuck inside your own mind.

I said it before and ill say it again - you only see one way.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Reasonable? Go on. Kiss his ass.
Just so we're clear, I did not even realize you were arguing with him.That is ignorance on my part. No need for the attitude. And I ain't kissing anyone's ass. Whatever disagreements you have is fine, but don't take it too far.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Twitter
CarlosX360
Just so we're clear, I did not even realize you were arguing with him.That is ignorance on my part. No need for the attitude. And I ain't kissing anyone's ass. Whatever disagreements you have is fine, but don't take it too far.
Did you even read the thread? I proved to him that whatever he thought was WRONG. But no, here you are, trying to side with him, in a dumb war.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Twitter
CarlosX360
Yeah, man. I kind of got the impression too he was just being a real hard nut about everything. Fans of something can be picky, I know. But me personally, I gave more than enough examples as to why the games are going in a direction that has alienated people who were right into the old ones from the initial PlayStation era. Or even during the GameCube and PS2 era, which is when the genre peaked.

Did I say they are unplayable games? No. They all offer something new and they are never dull enough to avoid trying them altogether. But that's not to say they are not lacking in other ways.

I think I'll just tune out of this thread. Unfortunately, he posts on Biohaze, which is among about the only 4 message boards I am still regularly active on. But to be honest, forums have been dead now for years. I'm sure I'm not the only person who misses how busy they were about 18 years ago.

I had no idea this guy has been a thorn on your side. Can I ask mods to lock the thread? This isn't productive. Just ignore him, bro. I realize now he's a troll. This thread shed a light on who he is.

Welcome to DevilMayCry.org, not everyone is like this.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
Did you even read the thread? I proved to him that whatever he thought was WRONG. But no, here you are, trying to side with him, in a dumb war.
Like I said, ignorance on my part, I skimmed a lot, but what I mainly saw some of yours. My main focus was on thesaunderschild posts. Just because I agree with him on some things, does not mean I agree with @Goldsickle with everything, Would you please relax? You have some points too, but no need get too upset about it. I know that Capcom wanted the COD audience for RE6 and DmC (2013). I posted articles like that back in the DMC5 thread somewhere. It was the most obvious with Chris's campaign. RE5 was just RE4, but more action heavy and some slight Gears of War. With that said, both games sold well, and RE5 was the fastest selling RE game in the franchise and had the most sales. Until RE6 got in over a million more, but like I said in a previous, post sales started dropping because word of mouth got out. That is still nothing to laugh at or mock in 5's case. Capcom said that sales were disappointing for 6, but they wanted dat COD money and had unreasonably high expectations like almost every single AAA throughout most of the 2010s

6 I admit I have almost no love for aside from seeing Leon and Sherry. Claire and Jill should have been in their too and we would have had a whole Racoon City reunion. That would have made the game a bit more tolerable.

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Twitter
CarlosX360
Like I said, ignorance on my part, I skimmed a lot, but what I mainly saw some of yours. My main focus was on thesaunderschild posts. Just because I agree with him on some things, does not mean I agree with @Goldsickle with everything, Would you please relax? You have some points too, but no need get too upset about it. I know that Capcom wanted the COD audience for RE6 and DmC (2013). I posted artlices like that back in the DMC5 thread somewhere. It was the most obvious with Chris's campaign. RE5 was just RE4, but more action heavy and some slight Gears of War. With that said, both games sold well, and RE5 was the fastest selling RE game in the franchise and had the most sales. Until RE6 got in over a million more, but like I said in a previous, post sales started dropping because word of mouth got out. That is still nothing to laugh at or mock in 5's case. Capcom said that sales were disappointing for 6, but they wanted COD and had unreasonably high expectations like almost every single AAA throughout most of the 2010s

6 I admit I have almost no love for aside from seeing Leon and Sherry. Claire and Jill should have been in their too and we would have had a whole Racoon City reunion. That would have made the game a bit more tolerable.
Ah. Oh. I'm sorry for going off at you. I'm just exhausted by the argument. I just want the thread to die, because Godsickle is just mind-boggling. He even called my "cash on-hand" wrong, implying that I am dumb.

So, you and I have the same upbringing about RE5/6. I was beginning to feel alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.