• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Resident Evil has gone downhill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
All I have to add is this: Regardless if you like RE5 or not, it was Capcom's best selling RE game, due to being on both 360 and PS3. That is nothing to laugh, look down, or mock at. There are plenty of RE5 fans, new and old. RE6 ended up later surpassing it by a million more (though sales would drop as word of mouth started spreading about the game's quality). I don't like RE6 either, but it did not do much to damage the entire brand. RE7 did sell great worldwide except in Capcom's home country. Japan does not like RE7. They love TLOU1 (Note how I only mentioned the first game and not Part II) and Dead Space more than RE7. Imagine that.

I don't like RE8 being in first person nor Ethan being the main character again, because I don't find him interesting. Chris being the villain is not helping matters as it's clear Capcom does not know what to do with the majority of the old RE cast anymore. Especially Chris, because he is the most bland by comparison. His arc for me ended with RE5. With that said, at least this one has more enemy variety and more interesting than the molded. I never want to see them again. I really want Evil Within 3. I don't want Sebastian as the lead, because his story and character arc perfectly and properly ended in EW2. There is nothing left for him. He got his daughter back and Mobius is completely dead. He moves out of Krimson City with Lily. The only loose ends are Joseph and Ruvik. With the latter implying that he is still out there in the teaser ending. If I do play as a returning character, just make it Kidman or Joseph.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
Hey. I don't want to be the guy to poop in your bowl of frosted flakes, rile you up, or do anything of the sort. You are a different kind of fan to me, Goldsickle.

That's okay...

However, I find that some people elsewhere in the community are as toxic as all hell. Take for example this guy called Nemesis, who has a YouTube channel devoted to the franchise.

Now 3 years ago, this guy was straight up ADHD. But now he's trying to get in bed with Capcom. He used to get mocked. He kept saying he would not purchase the RE2 remake, but I knew he was just putting on a show. Because he purchased it anyway. Now he loves Capcom again. Folk who say stuff just for attention are essentially fraudsters.

So as to my point here...

I stuck up for this guy, basically when other YouTubers were bashing him. Namely BioDevil_Dom and Renegade Operative, who did it in the past. They also got this actress called Nicolette McKeown involved, although my beef with her stems from the fact she slandered me so I lost out on extra work in some films. She has otherwise got nothing to do with these morons. Right?

But they made several videos about me, saying I am a paedophile because of this "Grace Saunders" name I am known by, and whatnot. So this Nemesis guy is clearly just hanging in with these trolls. He even gets interviews with the voice actors for his channel, which is going to skyrocket his ego.

So here's a guy who initially hated Capcom, now shilling for their games. That's like you doing a swerve just to placate to the backyard bullies. Me personally, I don't try to please others through stating my honest opinions. I just prefer to be me. That's what others don't understand. They're just going with whatever will gain them the views or money. That's selling out. Don't ever be like that. It's false.

Stay true to yourself. Always.

You must be registered to view media

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
Oh, and just for the disclaimer, that garbage they said about me "sexually assaulting women" is just BS. They read my ED page, because you know? Crap that trolls post on there and elsewhere must be factual information, eh?

I even said in this broadcast from last year, that he was just hanging in with them to appease them. Not because he genuinely likes them. In fact, I put the videos about Nemesis that they originally posted on YouTube, on Internet Archive.

Of course, I provided a letter at the end, which they thought I had typed up on the fly. But it was a real letter. They were just doing this to get their kicks. They had no valid argument whatsoever. That's the thing.

Goldsickle

Reaction score
Regardless if you like RE5 or not, it was Capcom's best selling RE game, due to being on both 360 and PS3.
If you wait long enough, other titles may overtake RE5 in sales.
But one thing people shouldn't forget is that RE5 is the fastest-selling RE title.

The game sold 5 million copies within three months after it was released.
No other RE title sold this fast.

Take for example this guy called Nemesis,
What has this got to do with anything?

I exposed your double standards and instead of admitting it, you bring up a completely unrelated story.

In another case, I may have found your tale interesting but you're just trying very hard to change the subject after I called you out on your double standards and inability to speak for yourself.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
How am I avoiding your debate?

If you read my initial post and the subsequent responses on here in regards to why I don't like Capcom's business decisions, I clearly stated why I don't care much for the new direction, by stating what they've been doing over and over again.

So how is that me or Carlos, or whoever else is participating here, avoiding what you said about the series?

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
I didn't avoid your questions. I just didn't know how to answer them, as, unlike you, I play the games to enjoy them. The mythology stuff doesn't interest me. At least not that highly, although it is still important.

Personally, I don't care how much a game cost to make, nor do I concern myself with the amount of developers who made it in the first place. Unlike you, I don't delve into that with the same level of passion. If a game is made cheaply like Revelations 2 was and it resembles RE, I am all for that.

To me, the games have gone downhill. Many fans generally agree that Ethan is not that interesting of a character.

They copy games to go with whatever is trending. Or they use the main characters in an awful way, for a publicity stunt. For example, Chris was supposed to be bad in a game before, but this was only seen in a trailer. That wasn't included in the final game. It's kind of like what Naughty Dog did when they showed Joel and Ellie in scenes that ultimately had a side character in them instead, due to Joel being killed off early. Now they're doing the same thing with Chris and that screenshot of him looking like one of those werewolf type creatures.

Chris no longer matters. All he is now is a dumb marketing gimmick for underwhelming games. He was only in the last game too, because they needed a link to the franchise, so of course adding in Chris was supposed to make it more appealing to the legitimate fans. It wasn't right. It wasn't a meaningful thing done with an ounce of care. It wasn't really fan service either, despite what you think. It was Capcom being Capcom, and so many people have already understood that's how they do things nowadays.

OK?

Goldsickle

Reaction score
How am I avoiding your debate?
You're not saying anything for yourself after I exposed your double standards and hypocrisy.

f you read my initial post and the subsequent responses on here
Yes, I read the part where you "hate it" when people "make excuses for Capcom copying other franchises" and your "response" was to make excuses for RE1 & RE2 after I revealed that these games also took inspirations from movies, just like RE7.

I didn't avoid your questions. I just didn't know how to answer them,
Admit that you were displaying double standards and hypocrisy?

I even asked earlier: "what's wrong with item drops?" and that question is also avoided.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
I didn't avoid the question. I have always openly confessed to everyone on here, as well as submitting identical rants on other forums online too, and in videos, that enemies looting bullets, coins and other items for you to pick up, actually makes the games feel unrealistic. Plus, RE4 is polarising over the fact that in general, it's an epic game. But it's nothing like the old games at all.

Also, people blamed the RE Engine for why Chris looked incredibly stupid in the prior game, because you have to scan people's images into the games for that photo realism malarkey they were harping on about. Right? But that's nonsense, and another lie. Like a lot of the stuff they promote as the new big thing really isn't their own ideas anyway. For I mean, the guy they have playing Chris now is apparently the same voice actor from the RE3 remake who played Carlos Oliveira, but I meant his face model is almost like his RE5 and 6 persona. Therefore, that just goes to show that Capcom was lazy and trying to rush release a Silent Hills rip off, which is why their games now have a relatively shorter development time.

And like I said, there's a lot of fans on YouTube who face similar scrutiny, just because they've spoken up about Capcom. Well, it's not just Capcom either. Other companies have been letting people down. Ultimately, it's the fanboys not wanting to bite the hand that feeds them. If the master throws his dog a bone with a little meat on the side of it, why should the dog care, really? Meat is still meat to that dog.

Goldsickle

Reaction score
I didn't avoid the question.
You're still avoiding explaining your double standards.

You could have just kept quiet and walked away.
But if you keep insisting that you didn't avoid questions, I will keep reminding you that you are.

enemies looting bullets, coins and other items for you to pick up, actually makes the games feel unrealistic.
And as mentioned earlier, Mr. X provides players with ammo upon defeat.
Kamiya implemented it with no "realistic" or "plausible" reasoning.
It's strictly a gameplay mechanic to make things easier for the player.

If RE4 is "unrealistic" for its ammo drop, then RE2 is just as "unrealistic".

Someone will push goalposts and point out that one type of enemy dropping ammo can't compare to every single enemy dropping ammo but fact remains that the mechanic is implemented in both games, one way or another.

there's a lot of fans on YouTube who face similar scrutiny, just because they've spoken up about Capcom.
If it's people who criticize Capcom for things Capcom didn't do, like claiming "Capcom wants RE6 to attract Call Of Duty fans", "Capcom only has $152 million left in the bank" and so on then these people deserve scrutiny.

No company is perfect and they all have their flaws.
But if you discredit a company with clickbait and fake news, then you are the villain here.

The same goes for people with double standards, like those who criticize RE5 for "censoring decapitations" but give games like Code: VERONICA a free pass, even though Code: VERONICA also censors decapitations.

It's just as I told Carlos.
You can hate on a game and you're free to express your hatred.
But I draw the line on double standards and fake news.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
Also, right now, I have bigger fish to fry...

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
Also, when did anybody post fake news? We have all thus far, attempted to provide you with your much sought after evidence, along with providing our general thoughts of why we say what we do about the direction of the franchise. Yet whenever we do this, you play this detective role, as if we are trying to be smooth and duck everything you reply with. We are not doing any of that.

Why not just play the games you like and don't make a big stink about everything? Personally, I don't care about other people's defensive opinions when it comes to the series, because the quality is clearly diminishing. People should be open to seeing that, but they support Capcom just the same. That's what I meant by people shilling.

If Capcom makes a very mediocre game, they should be called out for that. But that rarely happens, as I see that too many people are invested in the franchise's name alone, so that they don't see how harmful their responses are. Fortunately though, some people actually understand my pain. Not that there's many.

We just posted our opinions. That was it. And this is why I pretty much got sick of trying to be rational on any of these video game message boards, all those years ago. It's more or less just the same song and dance, repeatedly.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Reaction score
Also, when did anybody post fake news?
When people started posting clickbaits to prove their point.

I don't want to hear some biased columnist's interpretation of what the developers said.
I want to hear what the developers actually said.

And I'm not "playing detective", I'm just using common sense.
If there's a source to all the news being posted, obviously one should check the source for confirmation.
If a title says something but the actual article says something else, then it's just clickbait.

We are not doing any of that.
Because you'd rather hear a version of the news that appeals to your confirmation bias.

Like those who look up the internet and read news such as "Capcom has only $152 million left in the bank" and the first thing that pops up in their head is "I can use this to discredit Capcom games I hate", without actually confirming if it was true or not.

Anyone else with some common sense would actually look up sources and realize the "$152 million" is actually Capcom's net cash and not "money left in the bank".
The source of the error is one author who didn't know how to interpret Capcom's financial reports.

But hey, it's "ammo" for people who want to take a dump on RE6 & DmC, so spread it all around and pretend it's true.
And I don't need to explain to you that spreading misconceptions is a bad thing.

Using misconceptions for arguments shows how bias and gullible a person is.
As long as they can discredit a media they hate, they don't care if the news they spread is fake.
It's bad for one's reputation.

Why not just play the games you like and don't make a big stink about everything?
Why not just play the games you like and not give a crap if someone wants to "make excuses" for Capcom "copying other franchises"?

We just posted our opinions. That was it.
Opinions can be wrong.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
Soldiers and police officers that become zombies that go around dropping ammo after you slay them, is acceptable to me, because they have firearms. That hereby makes logical sense. However, certain aspects about other enemies that you have to fight are just too dumb to comprehend.

If some giant ogre things straight out of The Hobbit trilogy can drop African currency, that's just a stupid idea that is not characteristic of a real Resident Evil game. Knowing how you are with members on here, though, you'll probably say that's me moaning once again about how "unrealistic" that inclusion truly is. Well, maybe because it is indeed coming across as unrealistic.

Video games need not be this unrealistic with how they are supposed to be portrayed, whether it's a piece of fiction or not.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
OK. I still buy and play the games Capcom produces despite what I say that doesn't appeal to everyone, so I am open to being critical of them, whether the games are a perfect ten, kind of below average, or just outright sloppy. So if you question us for doing so, merely because it's an expression of our fan viewpoints, which we are entitled to, in your case, is that meant to be considered as a double standard as well? Huh?

Goldsickle

Reaction score
that is not characteristic of a real Resident Evil game.
What are the "characteristics of a "real Resident Evil game""?

Who decides these characteristics?
Where does it say "thou shalt not hath giant ogres drop cash"?

Video games need not be this unrealistic
It's unrealistic for Mr. X to drop ammo for weapons he's not carrying either.

is that meant to be considered as a double standard as well?
Double standard in this case is when you criticize a game you dislike for a certain trait or feature but any games you like are excused from such criticism, even if they share those same traits.

You criticized RE4 for "unrealistic portrayal" of ammo drops but excused RE2 despite it doing the same thing.

You seem to disapprove the idea of RE7 being inspired by other franchises but give a free pass to RE1 & RE2 despite these titles also having list of franchises they were inspired from (and actually mentioned by the staff).
You even made excuses for these games, after saying how you hate it when others make excuses for Capcom "copying other franchises".

Last edited:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Twitter
CarlosX360
I think we've been through this.
You don't know the budget/development costs/sales for the title, so there's no way for you to know if it didn't break even or "lost a lot of money".
Big mistake saying that, then knowing that Capcom "had" $125 Million in the bank. Scroll down for more on that.
You claimed about some financial reports, so why don't you show them?
Because it's old. Like, I saw it in 2012/2013. Google doesn't have it in their top 10 articles anymore. Like I've been saying: They changed their algorithm. The results are different every season, and for every other country.
That GameSpot article you posted doesn't show RE6's budget.
Did I say that? No, I didn't. So shut the **** up. I was trying to show you how much was sold.
Once again, is it so difficult to just say "I don't have the information" and leave it at that?
Because you're an asshole. Yeah, how does it feel to be an ass? It feels good, doesn't it? Feel like a badass again?
You don't make a claim if you don't have any evidence to show. Period.
*brings up a middle finger*
A person's words being quoted out of context is misinformation.
It's as simple as that.
That's your conjecture.
It should be common sense to pick the source article without any context-blurring.
More on this below.
Nice to know.
But you still can't show where Stuart Turner said he wanted RE6 to attract Call Of Duty fans.
I didn't have to. You did. Dumbass. :D
Since RE7 has about as many staff as RE6 did, it's not a stretch to say that both games have a "huge budget".
If RE7 recouped early, it's safe to assume that RE6 did as well.
Oh my god, you are a lost cause.
When people started posting clickbaits to prove their point.
I ignored the headlines, I was looking for the actual context. I ignored all the "sensational" (angry voice here) headlines... But you still call them fake news, still call them misinformed, because you're still this stubborn ass bitch that just won't give up, and be reasonable. This conversation will just go in circles because of YOU. Not anyone else. YOU.
I don't want to hear some biased columnist's interpretation of what the developers said.
I want to hear what the developers actually said.
But I gave YOU two DIFFERENT quotes that quote the SAME quote from 2012, and you're still crying like a ****ing SJW. Saying "that's fake." I wonder how fake the media is in U.K. I wonder now fake it is... to make you feel that jaded. This is fake, that's fake, THAT's fake, your comment is fake, uh, BrawlMan's comment is fake, Foxtrox's comment is fake, Boris is fake, uh... your family's comment is fake.... uh, your friends feed you fake comments, and fake news. What's next? You're gonna call me and thesaunderschild fake, too? Oh. wait... You did! What's next.... Uh....um. your boss is fake? Your boss's comment is fake, and you have to go to his boss to get him fired so you can go on with your fake comments? What's next? You gonna lie about your significant other's actions like it's "Me Too"?
And I'm not "playing detective", I'm just using common sense.
No, you're not using common sense, you're using anger to fuel your conviction, based on your jaded-ass ideas from ...2007, when Capcom Unity members were a bunch of hateful people flooding the forums with garbage. So, now the idea of a Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, or any Capcom franchise - is sour to you because of that ONE community of millions of people. Ahem. THE MINORITY.

And, I hate to brake it to you, but YES, you are trying to play "detective." DETECTIVE. [Lucifer Morningstar impression here.]
If there's a source to all the news being posted, obviously one should check the source for confirmation.
If a title says something but the actual article says something else, then it's just clickbait.
Most of the articles that talk about the same quote - the ones I linked, the quote I used - WERE using MCV as a source. The problem is, it's a paper, rather than an online outlet. There's no real "link" to the paper. At least from what I can tell, you even had to post the image here.
Because you'd rather hear a version of the news that appeals to your confirmation bias.
Uh, no. Not really. That quote I used... can be "twisted" all it can be, but I can read what the quote says. You are just trying to suit the argument to your agenda so you could feel like you're better, and above everyone else.

What's the difference between:
It makes sense to explore action more fully with Resident Evil…The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying fast-paced online games are attracted to this [kind of] Resident Evil.
Annd...
It makes sense to explore action more fully with Resident Evil…The dream would be that the millions of Call of Duty fans that are enjoying fast-paced online games are attracted to this Resident Evil.
Be honest. Here's the thing though, you're going to disagree, and say "they're different." No, it's not.

When I read the second part, which doesn't have the "[kind of]," I could read it as many things:
- this "kind of" (like the article interjected)
- this "type of"
- this "style of"'
- this "iteration of"
- this "gameplay style of"
- this "action-oriented style of"

The question was a rhetorical question, to get you to have your thinking hat on, rather than your biased, "I disagree" attitude.

When genuine journalists like the horror gaming site (which does not benefit from SJW-style "trigger" clickbaits) interject translation, the general public appreciates the little interjections to remove that "thinking" hat. Many people are lazy. They'd rather just read the article, and read it AS IS, without having to go into the original source, and reading what is actually said, only to find out that's exactly what was said, except with their own interjection(s).

I see that interjection as trying to help the reader fill in the blanks, rather than making them guess.
Like those who look up the internet and read news such as "Capcom has only $152 million left in the bank" and the first thing that pops up in their head is "I can use this to discredit Capcom games I hate", without actually confirming if it was true or not.
That's a stupid reason to discredit a story. When there's a decline in quality, which actually happened before that story broke... You would believe it. You would go like... "That explains the quality of their output." When I saw the video, exactly titled as you said it: "Capcom has only $152 million left in the bank," the first thing I thought to myself was "Oh, that explains why the quality of Capcom games were all over the place regarding quality."
Anyone else with some common sense would actually look up sources and realize the "$152 million" is actually Capcom's net cash and not "money left in the bank".
Net cash is money in the bank. That means money "on-hand" after sales. In other words - profit. That means, when the story broke out, that's all they had. That actually means, the C.E.O has to go out and find an investor to bankroll the next 3-5 years of development. So, the story was not really "fake." Not entirely "fake."

What is net cash flow?​

Net cash flow is a metric that represents the amount of money produced or lost by a business during a given period. Usually, you can calculate net cash flow by working out the difference between your business’s cash inflows and cash outflows. Generally speaking, net cash flow is comprised of three categories, which are as follows:
  • Operating activities – Capital generated and used by your business’s basic operations, including expenditures for administrative expenses and receipts from customers.
  • Financial activities – Capital generated through debt agreements or cash that’s been issued to pay off debts or pay out dividends.
  • Investing activities – Capital generated by profitable investments or cash issued to make an investment or purchase fixed assets.
If you scroll down a bit... You'll find this:

What are the limitations of net cash flow?​

Although net cash flow is an excellent barometer of financial health, it’s important to remember that some activities resulting in a positive cash flow may not be good for the business’s overall health. For example, your business may have received an injection of cash after taking on a new debt. This may result in a positive cash flow, but it’s not necessarily ideal for your finances moving forward.

Plus, negative cash flow isn’t always a bad thing. A negative cash flow from investments may indicate that you’ve spent a significant amount of money on an investment that’s going to boost your revenues in the future. For example, while investing in new machinery or real estate may leave you in the red, you can expect to make your money back relatively quickly.
That is the most detailed response I found in the search result, it's from , but if you want a another source, here ya go:

What Is Net Cash?​

Net cash is a figure that is reported on a company's financial statements. It is calculated by subtracting a company's total liabilities from its total cash. The net cash figure is commonly used when evaluating a company's cash flows. Net cash may also refer to the amount of cash remaining after a transaction has been completed and all associated charges and deductions have been subtracted.
Highlighted is exactly what I said. This time, the source is from - basically Wikipedia, but for the investor/corporate world.
The source of the error is one author who didn't know how to interpret Capcom's financial reports.
Actually, no it isn't. You are just poor at understanding.
But hey, it's "ammo" for people who want to take a dump on RE6 & DmC, so spread it all around and pretend it's true.
And I don't need to explain to you that spreading misconceptions is a bad thing.
Actually, no. It wasn't ammo for them, DmC: Devil May Cry was universally disliked, hated, criticized as a "poor game." It launched with issues, it did not really sell all that well. RE6 sold pretty well at 9.8 Million, the issue is that they spent too much money on it - scroll back up and read that Net Cash definition again.
Why not just play the games you like and not give a crap if someone wants to "make excuses" for Capcom "copying other franchises"?
WHO FCKING CARES?

Everyone in the industry copy from each other - WHO CARES? I agree with those who say Resident Evil drew inspiration from many walks of life. It started as a horror franchise inspired by many horror films. Later titles drew inspiration from Last of Us (Zombies game, hello?), Call of Duty Zombies (literally in the title, c'mon now), and so on and on. Resident Evil 4 was inspired by many things, but most of the industry has already taken inspriation from RE4...
Opinions can be wrong.
Uh huh, like yours.
So how is that me or Carlos, or whoever else is participating here, avoiding what you said about the series?
Dude, it's a lost cause arguing with him. At this point, he's just trying to be a troll.

After that last reply by him to me, I just gave up. We're really going in circles, and he's just going to not budge. Even when presented with evidence. I showed not one, not two, but 4 quotes TALKING about the same subject, and he STILL won't shut up.

At this point, I don't care anymore. This thread is dead in my eyes because of his stubborn attitude. He only sees one way, and won't ever change.

Worst part is, two people actually like his content, and are actually believing him. Definition of an echochamber.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Reaction score
Google doesn't have it in their top 10 articles anymore.
That's not Google's fault, that's your lack of thoroughness.
Capcom kept a record of their financial results in their Investor Relations page.
It goes all the way to around 1998.

That's your conjecture.
The fact that I gave a direct source shows that you don't know the meaning of that word.

I didn't have to. You did.
If you can't at least produce a sentence from the interview where RE6 is mentioned or referenced, then Turner never mentioned RE6.
That is that.

Oh my god, you are a lost cause.
The real lost cause would be those who still believe in the "RE7 has only 120 staff" fairy tale.
Does "120" cover every single person, including the music composers, the photogrammetry models, costume providers, make-up artists and so on?
Anybody here who has been playing video games for a long time should know a very easy way to totally confirm if RE7 has only 120 staff.

I ignored the headlines, I was looking for the actual context.
Remember that there's someone else posting clickbait in this thread.

But I gave YOU two DIFFERENT quotes that quote the SAME quote from 2012,
It doesn't take a journalist to know that you should have posted the source article and not the mirrors, just so you can confirm the context.

you're using anger to fuel your conviction,
You're self-projecting.

The problem is, it's a paper, rather than an online outlet. There's no real "link" to the paper. At least from what I can tell, you even had to post the image here.
I just provided the link to the digital version of the magazine for you to read.
I even told you that you can do a text search for "Resident Evil 6" and not find any mention in the entire issue.
You can ask a moderator if I just edited it there recently but they'll tell you it's been there from the beginning.
You will need (before they discontinue in December) and I can confirm that the digital magazine still works.

I see that interjection as trying to help the reader fill in the blanks,
That's just putting words in a person's mouth.

This time, the source is from -
Thanks for posting links which further proves that the "$152 million" is not money left in the bank.

As those quotes and various other websites stated, net cash is a metric, figure, barometer, unit or difference to measure cash flow.
If it's "money left in bank", then it should have said "balance" or something.

If you were checking how much money you have left in your ATM or PayPal, do you look for "net cash", "cash flow" or "balance"?
If you were sharing your bank account info, do you refer to your money left in bank as "net cash" or your "account balance"?

Worst part is, two people actually like his content, and are actually believing him. Definition of an echochamber.
So you want to extend your insults to them as well?
Maybe that's a sign to step back and reevaluate your beliefs.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Reaction score
Twitter
CarlosX360
That's not Google's fault, that's your lack of thoroughness.
Capcom kept a record of their financial results in their Investor Relations page.
It goes all the way to around 1998.

The fact that I gave a direct source shows that you don't know the meaning of that word.

If you can't at least produce a sentence from the interview where RE6 is mentioned or referenced, then Turner never mentioned RE6.
That is that.

The real lost cause would be those who still believe in the "RE7 has only 120 staff" fairy tale.
Does "120" cover every single person, including the music composers, the photogrammetry models, costume providers, make-up artists and so on?
Anybody here who has been playing video games for a long time should know a very easy way to totally confirm if RE7 has only 120 staff.

Remember that there's someone else posting clickbait in this thread.

It doesn't take a journalist to know that you should have posted the source article and not the mirrors, just so you can confirm the context.

You're self-projecting.

I just provided the link to the digital version of the magazine for you to read.
I even told you that you can do a text search for "Resident Evil 6" and not find any mention in the entire issue.
You can ask a moderator if I just edited it there recently but they'll tell you it's been there from the beginning.
You will need (before they discontinue in December) and I can confirm that the digital magazine still works.

That's just putting words in a person's mouth.

Thanks for posting links which further proves that the "$152 million" is not money left in the bank.

As those quotes and various other websites stated, net cash is a metric, figure, barometer, unit or difference to measure cash flow.
If it's "money left in bank", then it should have said "balance" or something.

If you were checking how much money you have left in your ATM or PayPal, do you look for "net cash", "cash flow" or "balance"?
If you were sharing your bank account info, do you refer to your money left in bank as "net cash" or your "account balance"?

So you want to extend your insults to them as well?
Maybe that's a sign to step back and reevaluate your beliefs.
What a loser you are.You are so far up in your ass that anything i say will only fuel your "conviction" so much, you actually sound like a SJW.

thesaunderschild

Reaction score
Yeah, man. I kind of got the impression too he was just being a real hard nut about everything. Fans of something can be picky, I know. But me personally, I gave more than enough examples as to why the games are going in a direction that has alienated people who were right into the old ones from the initial PlayStation era. Or even during the GameCube and PS2 era, which is when the genre peaked.

Did I say they are unplayable games? No. They all offer something new and they are never dull enough to avoid trying them altogether. But that's not to say they are not lacking in other ways.

I think I'll just tune out of this thread. Unfortunately, he posts on Biohaze, which is among about the only 4 message boards I am still regularly active on. But to be honest, forums have been dead now for years. I'm sure I'm not the only person who misses how busy they were about 18 years ago.

Goldsickle

Reaction score
You are so far up in your ass that anything i say will only fuel your "conviction" so much,
You really like self-projecting.

Typical of you to quit after I made sure to show you the working link to the MCV magazine.
No running away anymore, huh?

I didn't bring it up because only Vergil95 mentioned it but since you also talked about RE7 recouping, I guess I can use this logic in the discussion.

RE7 has about as many staff as RE6 did.
Because people keep insisting "large amount of staff = huge budget", then we can conclude that RE7 also has a "huge budget".
If RE7 recouped early from its first shipment, there shouldn't be any problems believing that RE6 also recouped early.

Of course, no fanboy actually uses common sense to determine RE7's actual staff count.
Because if they did, they'd realize it's way more than "120".

"120" represents the Capcom staff, not counting the long list of outsourcing (slightly longer than RE6's outsourcing).

I kind of got the impression too he was just being a real hard nut about everything.
All I did was point out double standards and asked simple questions.
You're just caught off guard because you are unaware of your own double standards or incapable of answering.

Like, what are the characteristics of "true Resident Evil" again?
And who decides these characteristics?

Every time I ask, these questions gets dodged and avoided, prompting me to ask again.
Lack of answers and the need to dodge only proves my point that fanboys live on made up rules of the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.