• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC sequel ideas/pitches/wishlist.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
I created an oc called Tarnaq that I'd reuse. He's a everyman demon who teams up with Dante. He wants to help Dante find a cure for "Limbo Sickness" out of self preservation. I wanted to tackle demon society and how they adjust to not being on top of the food chain anymore. There some possible political commentary there so happy hunting.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Premium
Reaction score
I remember already giving my thoughts on a DmC sequel and the inclusion of Nero so I'll just bring that here.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Nero but black. His arm is still demonic but not really in the glowing sense. He'd have hair similar to Childish Gambino with its sort of an afro but with twist at the top. He'd be the first half-human, half-demon in the world.
You must be registered for see images

His outfit would be a purple hoodie, over a long tailed shirt under a black leather jacket, black jeans, and some converse. Similar to the Watch Dogs Legion's trailer.

His gun will still be a revolver, but customized a bit to be able to shoot at a quicker accuracy then his classic one.

The sword would be similar to what it is in DMC5, only it would look more homemade and crudely put together to give Nero that urban look.

And lastly, his demon arm would look more demonic with thick red aura swirling around it. That red aura can transform into a massive arm to grab things, or another type of weapon to use in battle.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
Honestly, I would just go with the idea writer for Vergil's Downfall had. Ditch the "fighting the man" bullcrap and have Dante fight both angels and demons. Feature more human sized bosses, and have Dante just starting off his mercenary life. I had an idea of an angel that is sort of a father figure to Dante, and helps advise and guide him. I called him Lionheart. My description was a guy that fights with a longswords and use his angel wings as a shield or sharpen as blades. Similar to the angels in Legion.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Premium
Reaction score
Honestly, I would just go with the idea writer for Vergil's Downfall had. Ditch the "fighting the man" bullcrap and have Dante fight both angels and demons. Feature more human sized bosses, and have Dante just starting off his mercenary life. I had an idea of an angel that is sort of a father figure to Dante, and helps advise and guide him. I called him Lionheart. My description was a guy that fights with a longswords and use his angel wings as a shield or sharpen as blades. Similar to the angels in Legion.
I feel like getting rid of the "fighting the man" narrative would take away its identity and lump it to just another Devil May Cry with a different coat of paint. I'd rather they advance the narrative and push it higher; really dig deep into the conspiracies of homeland security and demonic hold being the root of it all. Perhaps have Vergil be the center and Dante fighting.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Reaction score
I feel like getting rid of the "fighting the man" narrative would take away its identity and lump it to just another Devil May Cry with a different coat of paint.
Good for enough me.

I'd rather they advance the narrative and push it higher; really dig deep into the conspiracies of homeland security and demonic hold being the root of it all.
The problem being there is not much work with considering how shallow the themes were in DmC. What we got was a worse version of They Live combined with Blade. It can kinda work, but I don't want it taking over the whole narrative. Either keep in the background (but not completely ignored) or interweave it in the story just right. I don't mind seeing human societies reaction to demons and how they handle the fallout of the worlds merging together. That's fine, as that is something the OG series rarely ever touched on aside from the anime and Fortuna. The latter technically does not even count as that's in an isolated island that reveres Sparda to begin with. Even what we get in the anime is very minimal and only minor touches depending on the episode.

Like I said, before I am more interested in the angels and why there asses did not even bothering showing up once. Granted how they react and how humans react to demons and those of supernatural origin can tie in together. That can work fine. The best part being Dante and Vergil would still be at the center of it all, because both are being proactive. So part would not change any way.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Reaction score
Someone had a fan theory that V was DmC Vergil getting involved for his own reasons. I'd turn that into a V versus DmC Vergil story. It's set during the one month gap. This is probably a DLC pack but it could be fun.

I might wait to reboot V and Nero. They might run the risk of being redundant with a younger/rougher Dante and Vergil running around.

Honestly rebooting the other cast members is up to the individual creator. Literally you could do another reboot with just Dante, Vergil and their parents. That would be equally valid as doing a reboot with everyone.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Reaction score
I remember already giving my thoughts on a DmC sequel and the inclusion of Nero so I'll just bring that here.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Nero but black. His arm is still demonic but not really in the glowing sense. He'd have hair similar to Childish Gambino with its sort of an afro but with twist at the top. He'd be the first half-human, half-demon in the world.

His outfit would be a purple hoodie, over a long tailed shirt under a black leather jacket, black jeans, and some converse. Similar to the Watch Dogs Legion's trailer.

His gun will still be a revolver, but customized a bit to be able to shoot at a quicker accuracy then his classic one.

The sword would be similar to what it is in DMC5, only it would look more homemade and crudely put together to give Nero that urban look.

And lastly, his demon arm would look more demonic with thick red aura swirling around it. That red aura can transform into a massive arm to grab things, or another type of weapon to use in battle.
see phoenix character from the game valorant.