• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
May 4, 2015
Dumnonia
I don’t think there will be angels either. Like you guys said, it just wouldn’t fit at this point.
I reckon it could work if Capcom really wanted it to. As for why they haven't shown up until now, you could write it so they were destroyed all at one point, or maybe they're not interested in helping humanity or it could be that they're eldritch abominations even worse than demons and could wipe out all life on Earth - human and demon - if summoned (a la Evangelion).

The sky's the limit in terms of narrative possibilities.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Dec 12, 2013
Ontario
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
Still under NDA (well, I'm sure at least Dan must be) or are they not in it?

I was wondering the same thing. I've been tempted to ask Reuben on FB, but I figure if he wanted people to know/was permitted to say anything, he would've shared it on his page by now. ^^;

Goldsickle

Jun 19, 2009
Malaysia
I love how the Buster is returning.

In this era where developers rely too much on context-sensitive actions and quick time events, it's nice to see a contact and precision based grapple maneuver like Buster back.
I hope it maintains frame, distance and timing, rather than a large on-screen prompt like "Y+B BUSTER" to tell you what to do.

Reactions: Dante's Stalker

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Aug 7, 2016
The Netherlands
you are goddamn rgiht but why dont want yamato from his son just cut his arm :D interesting

Yamato is probably inside of Nero's arm during the time of the trailer (as he often keeps it there in DMC4) which is why Vergil took the whole arm. He must have some way to get Yamato out of the Devil Bringer. In any case I really hope Nero vs Vergil is a thing in the game, that would be insanely hype

Goldsickle

Jun 19, 2009
Malaysia
One of the screenshots shows an enemy that looks like a Hell Pride.
So are we getting some enemies from DMC3?
DMC4 imported Blades (renamed Assault) and Frosts from DMC1.
Are we going to see more returning enemies?

Returning enemies: Specific Buster animations for them
But I'm guessing they might use "standard" slam-to-floor animation for Hell Prides.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sep 10, 2014
Italy
One of the screenshots shows an enemy that looks like a Hell Pride.
So are we getting some enemies from DMC3?

I hope so. One of the most satisfying feelings in DMC3 was finishing a combo with a move that hit hard enough to shatter the enemies like they were made of glass instead of sand, remember that? I'd love to feel that feeling again with the Devil Breaker's superior smashing power if they made that effect come back along with said returning enemies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sep 10, 2014
Italy
It looks like he might have some kind of shielding/deflecting ability on his arm here. Or maybe it's some sort of concussion blast.

You must be registered for see images

Also, there was indeed a behind close doors DMC5 panel.

You must be registered for see medias

I'm so curious as to what was shown in there...

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Feb 19, 2008
California
Twitter
CarlosX360
According to the wiki, Nell Goldstein is from the Devil May Cry novel by Shin-Ya Goikeda and is the person who made Ebony & Ivory and possibly Luce & Ombra: .
^For the new page. People still asking about Nell...