• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta 3

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Nov 1, 2018
The visual presentation for the combat and gameplay, though, leaves something to be desired. There is definitely something off about this game as a Bayonetta tittle. The backgrounds, the presentation, the visuals. Most prominent is the new dash which looks, well, silly. I miss the panther, that sh** was metal. The Madama Butterfly thing just doesn't compare. I won't brush it all off since I've seen what P+ can do and have played all of the games they drew from and I'm hoping they'll pull off something great but I can't deny I'm less than excited about some of the presentation.
Looks great to me. I will admit the city portions look slightly muted and generic, but it obviously won't stay that way for long. I did not notice the panther missing until you mentioned it. It still might show up, but with the new summons they probably had to change it. The new dash I do not have a problem with, but I do miss Panther Within, if it is completely gone.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oct 15, 2011
Nowhere
You must be registered for see medias

Looks great to me. I will admit the city portions look slightly muted and generic, but it obviously won't stay that way for long. I did notice the panther missing until you mentioned it. It still might show up, but with the new summons they probably had to change it. The new dash I do not have a problem with, but I do miss Panther Within, if it is completely gone.
I don’t like Madama Buttterfly’s dash thing’s look, but I have to admit, the other that was showcased and the concept behind this new mechanic is bloody brilliant. I love it.
Overall, I’m super split over the new visual presentation. I miss the old look, for both the game and Bayonetta herself, but I like what they’re doing and I will venture to say that the reason they’re going with an alternative universe B is so that they can do all these new things without an attachment to the old. New look, very different mechanics and a very different visual presentation.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Nov 1, 2018
I miss the old look, for both the game and Bayonetta herself
This is nothing new for Platinum, they always like to change it up, and I would not have it any other way. Her old looks will probably be available as unlockables again.

Overall, I’m super split over the new visual presentation.
My opinion might change after playing through the whole game, but I still say Bayonetta 2 has the best presentation. The game is more colorful and livelier. Not that the original didn't, yet it too suffered from 7th genitis. Bayonetta 1, while more colorful than most of its cotemporaries, still has a muted color palette I did not care much for, and Bayonetta 2 only highlights it further. Bayonetta 3 definitely gets more colorful the further you get into the game, so the muted beginning is done for thematic reasons.