God of Hyperdeath
I agree with you on the soundtrack. The boss themes especially are great. My favorites are Cursed Giant, Uncanny Noise, Evil Tower and Ragnarok.DMC2 was actually my very first DMC game, so it holds a lot of nostalgic value to me.
Back when I first played it, I had beaten the game completely as both Dante and Lucia.
(though I did find it quite challenging back then)
I really enjoyed the game when I first played it, as you can clearly see by how much time I invested in it. xD
- Cleared all difficulties.
- Collected all weapons (fully upgraded them all as well), blue orbs/fragments (including the ones in the shop and purple orbs), etc.
- Cleared all secret rooms.
- Passed the last floor in the Bloody Palace. (I think I actually continued afterwards onto floor 3000 before getting bored and quitting)
- Etc, etc, you get the point.
However, playing the game as of recently has made me realize the game's flaws.
While there were pretty cool things that the game had in it, some things bother me when playing it.
I simply cannot stand that auto-target for one, and the game does feel too easy in all honesty.
I wouldn't say I hate the game or even dislike it, but playing the other games in the series has made me like DMC2 less than how I used to when I first played it.
Granted it still holds a lot of nostalgic value to me since it was the first DMC game I played, but overall I just don't like it as much as I used to.
I'd still consider it a "guilty pleasure" of mine when compared to the other DMC games, but overall I'd say that I still find it quite enjoyable to play every now and then, and that I would consider it a good game overall at the very least, just not as good as the other games in the series.
However, I really like the OST.